Romo.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Actually came through in the clutch. Thought for sure he'd throw an int after moving his team down the field.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1n8tfrp6 said:
Actually came through in the clutch. Thought for sure he'd throw an int after moving his team down the field.
Giants had it won if they just ran the ball on 3rd and goal from the one, regardless if they score or not, the idiotic pass stopped the clock before they kicked the FG and *allas was out of timeouts.

ringless

Reaction score
It's so painful watching the Cowboys win. I get physically ill

Barakas

Reaction score
Well, new rule change going in next year....

"Fouls that occur in the last five minutes of the fourth quarter as well as the last two minutes of the first half will result in the clock starting on the snap."

The cowboys chance of winning greatly went up because of the penalties occurring at the end of the game. I mean, Eli being an idiot and throwing the ball away definitely was the stupidest move of the year (so far) but at least twice the Cowboys got to save a timeout b/c of a penalty. The first one was the unsportsmanlike conduct (or whatever it was) and the second was the offsides call.

If even one of those penalties didn't stop the clock the Giants would have, at the worse, had 3rd down on the 1 yard line with about 60 seconds to go. Surely even idiot Eli or the Giants coach would have called for a run play to take the game down to 20 seconds, if they didn't score.

I just don't see why teams that are behind benefit like this in the final five minutes of a game.