Why did Chip Kelly trade Nick Foles?

jake206

Reaction score
For some schlub named Sam "kneeless" Bradford? Seriously, if Chip Kelly is suppose to be some offensive genius, should he be able to tell what a good QB and a bad QB looks like? Bradford looks horrible.

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush?? He looks like meglomaniac buffoon now. Eagles fans can expect a very very long off-season, cuz they ain't winning with that guy. :D

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Because Foles is actually not that good. We just made him look a lot better than he is yesterday

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":s1cyqmy9 said:
Because Foles is actually not that good. We just made him look a lot better than he is yesterday
As much as I'd like to agree with you, I can't. Foles is a decent QB, particularly in Chip's system and now in Cignetti's offense. Why Eagles traded him, when they were exceedingly productive with him last year is astounding? He makes sound decisions, makes good throws. During the yesterday game, I don't think Bradford would have been able to take advantage of the mistakes we made. The good QBs do. Gotta tip your cap to him.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The swap was kind of baffling, but the fact that Chip also threw in a 2nd rounder is what made it completely nonsensical to me.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":25o7nz5y said:

I don't like how much I've been agreeing with you lately.

Rex

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3gx0aptk said:

Have :179422: some :179422: more :179422: .

CPHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3t6o7a8h said:
Hasselbeck":3t6o7a8h said:

I don't like how much I've been agreeing with you lately.

Well, he's right.

Rex

Reaction score
jake206":2j1l5ovt said:
Hasselbeck":2j1l5ovt said:
As much as I'd like to agree with you, I can't. Foles is a decent QB, particularly in Chip's system and now in Cignetti's offense. Why Eagles traded him, when they were exceedingly productive with him last year is astounding? He makes sound decisions, makes good throws. During the yesterday game, I don't think Bradford would have been able to take advantage of the mistakes we made. The good QBs do. Gotta tip your cap to him.

I agree. Folks seems to shake off the bad play and starts attacking. He's a leader.

Rex

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1afvbzvg said:
The swap was kind of baffling, but the fact that Chip also threw in a 2nd rounder is what made it completely nonsensical to me.

That is Les Snead deal making.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rex":11p58vbn said:
jake206":11p58vbn said:
Hasselbeck":11p58vbn said:

I agree. Folks seems to shake off the bad play and starts attacking. He's a leader.

Folks? He is so new you don't even know his name yet. Good thing you don't still have Sam Bradchevy.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Bradford looks like garbage. Can't see why anyone would want him.

Rex

Reaction score
chris98251":10o0staf said:
Rex":10o0staf said:
jake206":10o0staf said:
Hasselbeck":10o0staf said:

Folks? He is so new you don't even know his name yet. Good thing you don't still have Sam Bradchevy.

Really? Thats all you got? This computer constantly checks out of Foles to post Folks. How about making a substantive comment?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
OP already regretting this thread. Foles is an average QB. Chip went with the guy who can play in his system and has the higher upside. I personally thought it was a good trade for both sides.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
For not being any good he sure torched us and outplayed our elite QB

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Except for very early, Bradford looked really sharp tonight. His release seems quicker than Foles. The pick at the end was right through JMatthews's hands, otherwise I say the Eagles score on that drive too.

Rex

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":28s9j1n2 said:
Except for very early, Bradford looked really sharp tonight. His release seems quicker than Foles. The pick at the end was right through JMatthews's hands, otherwise I say the Eagles score on that drive too.

Bradford when healthy is extremely accurate. I think Foles responds better to set backs and seems to be a better leader.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Neither will finish the year healthy, but both looked good in week one. How are their backups?