Just Retire Peyton

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Nearly just threw another pick. He's throwing Jamie Moyer change ups out there.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
11-13.....Peyton Manning's playoff record.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2w9rh2ls said:
So you having crow for dinner tonight?
Peyton had nothing to do with that debacle Kansas City committed. That was an Andy Reid special right there. The bigger the game the worse his team performs.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":29m83tbn said:
TheRealDTM":29m83tbn said:
Peyton had nothing to do with that debacle Kansas City committed. That was an Andy Reid special right there. The bigger the game the worse his team performs.

He put his team in position to win!

The next time we have a RW argument remind me that team success and wins have nothing to do with the QB 8)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":29pcpx5x said:
MizzouHawkGal":29pcpx5x said:
TheRealDTM":29pcpx5x said:

The next time we have a RW argument remind me that team success and wins have nothing to do with the QB 8)
At this point I can't take you seriously given you must not have actually watched the game.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2ctmqitb said:
TheRealDTM":2ctmqitb said:
MizzouHawkGal":2ctmqitb said:
TheRealDTM":2ctmqitb said:

At this point I can't take you seriously given you must not have actually watched the game.

He was incredibly rusty early on and is clearly a shell of his former self. That said he went hurry up and got the tying TD in the waning moments. He finished with 3 TDs and consistently found Sanders on third down to continue drives. His defense played pretty great all night and nearly completely shut down Kelce who just had an amazing game last week.

Andy Reids play calling at the end of the two halves was baffling but honestly you don't expect a top 5 RB to fumble twice in big spots like that (opening drive, end of the game), still he didn't just drop it the broncos D knocked it out and won the game.

If you are saying for the record that a QB shouldn't get credit for great defensive performances I completely agree.

kobebryant

Reaction score
When football is gone it is gone forever, and it is something that he loves to do.

He'll have half of his lifetime left to not play football whenever he decides to hang em up. Who are we to tell another man to retire?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2fwcs650 said:
TheRealDTM":2fwcs650 said:

I'd say 256 and 3 following a terrible start had something to do with it.

Kubiak needs to let Peyton stay in the gun/pistol. When he's under center the offense is miserable, and that line is as bad as ours.

Charles fumble may have officially lost the game, but Peyton still lead them down the field to tie it.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":jy770z5b said:
MizzouHawkGal":jy770z5b said:
TheRealDTM":jy770z5b said:

I'd say 256 and 3 following a terrible start had something to do with it.

Kubiak needs to let Peyton stay in the gun/pistol. When he's under center the offense is miserable, and that line is as bad as ours.

Charles fumble may have officially lost the game, but Peyton still lead them down the field to tie it.

This.

canfan

Reaction score
Peyton looked bad trying to operate Kubiak's offense under center. He needs to be in the shotgun so he can set his feet to throw. With his physical limitations thats the only way he is going to get through the year. The solution is obvious...fire Bevell!! :16:

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I can't stand how the media treats Peyton. He plays beyond bad and everyone blames injuries and his health. It wouldn't surprise me if they made up the foot injury to protect Peyton's image.

Was he injured in his SB loss to us too?

Regardless if he is playing hurt or not, he is old and washed up.

drdiags

Reaction score
Its tough handling the graceful exit of a legend. Good on him coming back from that neck issue but was hoping he would have called it a career at the end of last year. No athlete ever wants to hang them up unless it is on their own terms.

rjas77

Reaction score
12119012_932343423525985_1758872476688535022_n.jpg

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3nqkjble said:
I can't stand how the media treats Peyton. He plays beyond bad and everyone blames injuries and his health. It wouldn't surprise me if they made up the foot injury to protect Peyton's image.

Was he injured in his SB loss to us too?

Regardless if he is playing hurt or not, he is old and washed up.

What's with the bitterness? The media is not "protecting" him, really. His team is forwarding the injury as a rationale for his poor performance. It's the right thing to do. Saves his image a bit. He's a tremendous QB and deserves some protection from his team.

This will be his last year in the NFL. at 7-2, the Broncos can run Brock out for a game or two, let Peyton rest and come back and make one last run with him...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Peyton has not been good since early 2012...then we saw the ducks and serious regression. At this point he makes Favre at the end of his days look like a rookie...he has to be done after this year...unless the Browns want him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":22td4z8o said:
Peyton has not been good since early 2012...then we saw the ducks and serious regression. At this point he makes Favre at the end of his days look like a rookie...he has to be done after this year...unless the Browns want him.

Not to defend the guy, but in 2013 he threw for 5500 yards and 55 TDs. Last year wasn't bad either: 4800 yards and 39 TDs.