Thank you, Jeff Fisher!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
How I hated to see our special teams get burned by the Rams special teams last year.

How I loved to see us learn our lessons, and use that lesson against the Bears!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Still watching the game but saw that highlight. Only thing I question here... why use that against CHI? Now the good teams will be looking out for what could have potentially been a game changer against a better opponent. Looked sick though!

chris98251

Reaction score
Laloosh":1p9o88nb said:
Still watching the game but saw that highlight. Only thing I question here... why use that against CHI? Now the good teams will be looking out for what could have potentially been a game changer against a better opponent. Looked sick though!

It now spreads the defenders out across the field, they have to honor it and that makes more open lanes for Lockett.

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2wdl6ezi said:
Also Jeff, thank you for sucking as a coach. Looking forward to your termination at the end of this season (or sooner).

Be prepared to be dissapointed then. Fisher is not being fired after 2015.

RedAlice

Reaction score
BlueTalon":34c7idco said:
How I hated to see our special teams get burned by the Rams special teams last year.

Considering how almost all Hawk fans complained when STs worked against you, and seeing you love it when you do it - is it fair to say you were wrong to complain and now you like it?

chris98251

Reaction score
I have to admit I did enjoy watching Sherman get the ball and run, I think our contempt comes from the personality of Fisher and how he pushes the teams chippiness and the tricks fall into that persona.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
RedAlice":l8lkztk8 said:
BlueTalon":l8lkztk8 said:

Considering how almost all Hawk fans complained when STs worked against you, and seeing you love it when you do it - is it fair to say you were wrong to complain and now you like it?

:snack:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3u1r33x7 said:
Also Jeff, thank you for sucking as a coach. Looking forward to your termination at the end of this season (or sooner).

Knowing Fisher, he'll go 7-9 and somehow get a 5 year extension.

ringless

Reaction score
I was so upset when I saw that play happen. I immediately text my friend in Australia who's a Seahawks fan exactly what RedAlice just said.

We demand to know the truth! lol

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
chris98251":3fjqoyoo said:
I have to admit I did enjoy watching Sherman get the ball and run, I think our contempt comes from the personality of Jack Patera and how he pushes the teams chippiness and the tricks fall into that persona.

See what I did there? (Hint: a little razzle dazzle for you old time Hawk fans)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
BlueTalon":re57ih9c said:

Interesting nugget..

The Bears were the first team to use that fake return.. Johnny Knox returned a punt for a TD after Hester faked out the special teams unit.. only the return was brought back due to penalty.

So.. the Rams got it from them.. and used it against us.

Then we used it against the Bears today. Full circle.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":k91hk8q9 said:
I have to admit I did enjoy watching Sherman get the ball and run, I think our contempt comes from the personality of Fisher and how he pushes the teams chippiness and the tricks fall into that persona.

I think the contempt comes from the fact that you lost the game when it happened. If you had still won, it woulda just been a silly thing.

I agree with whomever said why would you do that v the very depleted and lacking Bears? At least when Fisher calls it, it's to beat a better team.

btw: Fisher tried a fake punt today w Hekker and Steelers stopped it immediately.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":hbpkltr8 said:
chris98251":hbpkltr8 said:

I think the contempt comes from the fact that you lost the game when it happened. If you had still won, it woulda just been a silly thing.

I agree with whomever said why would you do that v the very depleted and lacking Bears? At least when Fisher calls it, it's to beat a better team.

btw: Fisher tried a fake punt today w Hekker and Steelers stopped it immediately.

Nah it goes back to the cheap shots we seen playing here and other games, not just this one. The North Remembers....

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":1ni40dpu said:
RedAlice":1ni40dpu said:
chris98251":1ni40dpu said:

Nah it goes back to the cheap shots we seen playing here and other games, not just this one. The North Remembers....

All fair to remember.

And this year's win?

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":1jb4ez9f said:
chris98251":1jb4ez9f said:
RedAlice":1jb4ez9f said:
chris98251":1jb4ez9f said:

All fair to remember.

And this year's win?

I gave the Rams credit, we didn't take it and finish it like we should have.

RedAlice

Reaction score
@Chris

Fisher's Rams this year seem to at least not be fighting. They also are not winning. I'm starting to believe my own theories for 2015 and etc.

eta: I'm also mystified by the benching of Quick.

oh, and....none of this explains why Hawks tried a trick play v the BEARS!

Atradees

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":pemtp568 said:
hawksfansinceday1":pemtp568 said:

Knowing Fisher, he'll go 7-9 and somehow get a 5 year extension.

How is Jeff Fisher still working as a head coach? Baffled.

We needed the trick play for more offense. An explosive play.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I could not believe we fell for that play against the Rams but today sitting in the stadium I was completely faked out. I saw Lockett fall down and thought "oh crap" and next think I knew Sherman was heading up the sidelines.

byau

Reaction score
RedAlice":ua5utbqg said:
chris98251":ua5utbqg said:

Not for everyone. The contempt for me is that we looked stupid being the victim and didn't want to admit it.

The relief is then pulling it on someone else.

Kind of like a practical joke that made us look silly, and then we couldn't wait to pull it on someone else.