So, here I come... (info. desired)

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
I'm pumped!!!

Just confirmed and booked my trip to Seatlle for the Hawks vs. Browns game on December 20th. As a retirement gift for my step-dad (big Browns fan) I am bringing him to Seattle (we live on the west side of Cleveland, Ohio) for the game on that Sunday. We used to live in Richland, WA when I was a young pup but haven't been back to Seattle since 1981 and since the Kingdome was blown up. So pumped to be heading out.

I have some questions for any of you "locals" that can provide some insight. We are staying at the Andra hotel and only because it looks like they were having a huge sale over that weekend and I got a great deal on the place. It appears to be centrally-located but was hoping for some real insight (and not "reviews" online).

It appears to be in walking distance to many attractions and not too far from CenturyLink but can I get some insight from some fellow 12's??? We will be flying in on the 18th of December and leaving on the 21st. I plan to stop at Temple and do some pre-gaming. Forgive my old man if he has a clowns, er Browns, jersey on.

So excited to be coming out...

Any information would be great... :snack:

Go Hawks!

chris98251

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":3e2vqkq7 said:
I'm pumped!!!

Just confirmed and booked my trip to Seatlle for the Hawks vs. Browns game on December 20th. As a retirement gift for my step-dad (big Browns fan) I am bringing him to Seattle (we live on the west side of Cleveland, Ohio) for the game on that Sunday. We used to live in Richland, WA when I was a young pup but haven't been back to Seattle since 1981 and since the Kingdome was blown up. So pumped to be heading out.

I have some questions for any of you "locals" that can provide some insight. We are staying at the Andra hotel and only because it looks like they were having a huge sale over that weekend and I got a great deal on the place. It appears to be centrally-located but was hoping for some real insight (and not "reviews" online).

It appears to be in walking distance to many attractions and not too far from CenturyLink but can I get some insight from some fellow 12's??? We will be flying in on the 18th of December and leaving on the 21st. I plan to stop at Temple and do some pre-gaming. Forgive my old man if he has a clowns, er Browns, jersey on.

Go Hawks!

Here are some links that we have for visitors that members have contributed to help.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=95613

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=86319

Hope these help.

irocdave

Reaction score
I don't spend anymore time than I have to in downtown Seattle but have been working in South Lake Union for the last 7 years. Walking from your hotel in late December is a crap shoot weather wise. Could be in the teens and Chrystal clear, 48 degrees and sunny but more than likely 35-40 degrees and pouring rain. I would use UBER. If you want a great breakfast with Seattle flair try Portage Bay, great food and large portions. If your in the area, check out any of Tom Douglas's restaurants, including the Brave Horse tavern ( last time I was there for lunch they had a pig on a spit out front) and Serious Pie if you into gourmet pizza.

Have fun, you will be amazed at the atmosphere at the stadium. The only thing similar to the Kingdome experience is the volume of fan generated noise.

45Hawker

Reaction score
I've stayed at Andra few times: nice, quiet, great location, and Lola is excellent for breakfast. Only complaint is their elevator is very small and slow. No big deal.

You're walking distance to Pike Place Market. I'd head to Emmet Watson's for lunch. Go to the back of the restaurant, park yourself at the bar, and order the oyster loaf, salmon soup and a few Red Hooks. After lunch, cruise around the market, and get a few more beers at Kell's Irish Pub on Post Alley. That's how I always kick-off my Seattle visits.

There's a bar at the top of the Hilton at 6th and University. The bar is ok, but the city and water views are awesome.

If you're looking for a sports bar to hole up in, Buckley's in Belltown is close to your hotel. Good pub food, lots of beers and TV's.

My favorite coffee: Seattle Coffee Works on Pike.

I lived in Pike Place Market for a number of years. PM me if you need more recommendations.

OP
OP
PateratoWilson

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Awesome stuff! Thanks for the replies and info. I honestly appreciate it. Looking forward to taking in all the recommendations.

Love my pubs, good food, and atmosphere...

Thanks, again.

Go Hawks!

OP
OP
PateratoWilson

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
chris98251":2icss316 said:
PateratoWilson":2icss316 said:
I'm pumped!!!

Go Hawks!

Here are some links that we have for visitors that members have contributed to help.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=95613

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=86319

Hope these help.

Excellent. Thanks for the links.