James Carpenter - Seattle Misses You

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Watching the Jets destroy Miami. The Jets are running away from Suh, right behind James Carpenter. Poor Miami defense or no, Carpenter does not get pushed back, and Ivory, like Beast Mode is eating.

I get that Seattle have a vision, and that vision includes bare bones OL investment. I love that we stick to the script. But watching Carpenter run block on a high level makes me jealous.

Miss you big man. I suspect Beast does too.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
This belongs in the NFL Forum, and no we are just fine at left guard with Justin Britt.

Jets are averaging just 3.8 yards per carry and 100 yards per game vs. 4.7 yards per attempt and 134 yards per game with an injured Marshawn Lynch and still developing offensive line.

OP
OP
N

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Appreciate the reply and active oversight.

You are correct:

Seattle rushing 86 runs for 402 yards for a 4.7 average per rush.
Jets rushing 79 runs for 302 yards for a 3.8 average per rush

Wilson accounts for 137 of Seattles 402 yards. He is Seattle's leading rusher.
Fitzpatrick accounts for 18 of Jet's 302 yards.

Taking QB out of the equation, Seattle has 265 non-QB rush yards. Jets have 284.

The result is a 4.2 standard YPR for Seattle vs 3.9 for thr Jets.

The real difference is with sacks. Seattle has given up 12 to 2 for the Jets.

You would think more sacks would mean significant yards per pass difference, but both are a poor YPP, with Seattle at 6.9 and Jets at 6.1.

So, numbers say I am wrong, but football is not played by mathmaticians. Enjoy.

Largent80

Reaction score
Carpenters career in Seattle was mostly injured, and when he was in there he had decent games and a LOT of not so decent games. Do not miss him one bit.

hawk45

Reaction score
All Britt has to do to eclipse Carpenter is stay relatively healthy and in-shape.

Carp was an asset (when on the field) when run-blocking but so is Britt. Both have a ways to go at pass pro, but for Carp it was more WTF because he had the size to be okay at it. There were always call for Bailey because Bailey seemed to perform better in passing situations.

Carp is definitely not useless, he'll maul some dudes, but at the price tag and with his health, conditioning, and pass pro concerns I find myself much happier with Britt learning the position. The interesting/scary question to me is what happens if Sweezy leaves and Britt ends up back and RT. Or if Okung goes. We think we've seen bad OL play...

rideaducati

Reaction score
Miss him? I didn't realize he was gone. The line doesn't look worse without him.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I miss James Carpenter like I miss Kelly Jennings and Julius Jones.