What would you trade for Tate?

ErikG803

Reaction score
Obviously I'm the biggest Golden Tate fan in the world and after seeing his body language the other night I think he wants to be here... in the fantasy world where Detroit does a fire sale a la Chicago, what do you give? I'd give a 2nd round pick with ZERO hesitation... seeing Russell scramble I'm so upset we ever let him leave so we could keep Harvin... Golden Tate deserves to be a Hawk and he's the best WR we've had in 10... 15 years?

EDIT: I mean I don't wanna be ridiclous but his YAC and his catch rate is ridiculous... I was one of the guys that thought him and Russell had heat.. but being there the other night they hugged each other twice, so I want Golden Tate here no matter what it takes...

Basis4day

Reaction score
ErikG803":1st2bu52 said:
Obviously I'm the biggest Golden Tate fan in the world and after seeing his body language the other night I think he wants to be here... in the fantasy world where Detroit does a fire sale a la Chicago, what do you give? I'd give a 2nd round pick with ZERO hesitation... seeing Russell scramble I'm so upset we ever let him leave so we could keep Harvin... Golden Tate deserves to be a Hawk and he's the best WR we've had in 10... 15 years?

EDIT: I mean I don't wanna be ridiclous but his YAC and his catch rate is ridiculous... I was one of the guys that thought him and Russell had heat.. but being there the other night they hugged each other twice, so I want Golden Tate here no matter what it takes...

Need someone to block long enough to allow a throw

rastahawk

Reaction score
Nothing. Lockett is a better version of Tate. Tate is in the past I'd rather just leave him there. We have good WR's. We really do have a good WR corps. Just can't get the ball to them when RW is running for his life most of the time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Nothing, Tate is just a slightly better version of Baldwin.

Change the question to what would I trade for 2 above average O-lineman, and my answer would be the next two drafts.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
When Russell Wilson was asked about Tate during Wilson's press conference last week, he acted liked he'd swallowed a fly. He had very little to say and based on his compact answer it was evident he didn't want to talk any further about Tate, and the media got the hint and didn't ask Wilson any follow-up questions on the subject. If Wilson doesn't want Tate on the team for whatever reason, I doubt the team would trade for him. Besides, the Hawks can't afford his contract under the Cap anyway, unless they cut Graham which they are not going to do.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
rastahawk":2fsvcpsz said:
Nothing. Lockett is a better version of Tate. Tate is in the past I'd rather just leave him there. We have good WR's. We really do have a good WR corps. Just can't get the ball to them when RW is running for his life most of the time.
I keep hearing this narrative, and quite frankly it confuses me. Tate, at this moment is a better receiver than Lockett. He's one of the best after the catch in the league, and he plays much bigger than his size. Even though he is short, he is great at high pointing the ball, and boxing out defenders.

Exittium

Reaction score
I've also seen Tate get away with a lot of OPI by pushing defenders in front of him. Hell he did it with Williams when Stafford bombed on to him down the sideline. Earl was there for coverage as well. But he still pushed Williams from behind

Seanhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":3cs5r258 said:
Kearse, Bevell and Tarvaris Jackson

At the start of the season I would have told you to take a flying leap, but after losing the coin toss week 1, T-Jack has gots to go. The magic is gone.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
It would be nice to have Tate but I think we would only be marginally better at WR.

A top-10 WR would be nice, but with Bevell it wouldn't make a difference.

We need OL in a bad way.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Seanhawk":306of74i said:
rideaducati":306of74i said:
Kearse, Bevell and Tarvaris Jackson

At the start of the season I would have told you to take a flying leap, but after losing the coin toss week 1, T-Jack has gots to go. The magic is gone.

Woah there, chill. Tjack is still $$ on coin tosses. Even Michael Jordan misses a free throw every once in a while. Tjack still maintaining a 97 coin toss rating on Madden.

massari

Reaction score
At this point it seems it'd be better if they spend that money towards the OL.

Wish they didn't let Tate go though.

canfan

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":380xfkj6 said:
marko358":380xfkj6 said:
hawksfansinceday1":380xfkj6 said:
We need o-linemen.
He's a plus blocking receiver. Maybe he can replace Britt.
Doubt he'd be any worse.
Britt tried blocking me on twitter....needless to say, he whiffed. :thirishdrinkers:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":24k2nll4 said:
It would be nice to have Tate but I think we would only be marginally better at WR.

A top-10 WR would be nice, but with Bevell it wouldn't make a difference.

We need OL in a bad way.

I don't know what Bevell could do to make the line block for longer than 1 second, or have Justin Britt not wind up on his ass immediately after the snap as Jason Jones looks like Reggie White against him, or have the line make Darryl Tapp look like Von Miller, etc etc.

I get that it is fun to hate on the guy, but the OL is so bad it really disrupts everything on offense. There's barely enough time to run quick hitters and bubble screens.

So yeah, having Tate right now wouldn't make a world of difference.

mikeak

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":204yfkit said:
rastahawk":204yfkit said:
I keep hearing this narrative, and quite frankly it confuses me. Tate, at this moment is a better receiver than Lockett. He's one of the best after the catch in the league, and he plays much bigger than his size. Even though he is short, he is great at high pointing the ball, and boxing out defenders.

I TEND to agree with you. Not sure it is that clear but Tate has been in the league longer and shown that he can play.

With that said. I would not agree with a statement that Tate is better dollar for dollar

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/golden-tate/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... r-lockett/

I would take Lockett for $830k per year over Tate at $6.2M / year any day of the week

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade for Tate. His salary is too much, which is why the Hawks didn't re-sign him in the first place.

Latest posts