Dwight Freeney signs one year deal with the Cardinals

ringless

Reaction score
@RapSheet
Wow RT @Rand_Getlin: DE/OLB Dwight Freeney is signing a 1-year deal with the #AZCardinals a source said. Still has plenty of gas in the tank

Wow this is pretty disappointing. I am guessing this means Okafor is done for the season. We already had possibly the worst LB's in the league. Now we just got older and slower. I am sure Wilson is shaking in his boots at the thought of our OLB's Woodley and Freeney leading the geriatric LB's out there.

We are really going to struggle at Defense this year. Washington still suspended, and two old slow guys at a position that needs speed. Lost the starting NT to FA, then his replacement tore his achilles. Some big weaknesses right up the gut of this defense should be exposed as the season moves on. (

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Actually I think this is a good signing for you guys. I think Freeney can still cause some problems for Offenses in your Defense.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Freeney couldn't stay healthy last year, and a defense needy Chargers team declined to re-sign him. I think he's done.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I think Ringless is right here. If it was a simple addition it's hard to dislike it, but it's not an addition, it's a replacement for Okafor, who is someone that the Cards and their fans have been really high on. TBF he hasn't done much so far this year, but you have to imagine that if the Cards preferred Freeney starting over him, they would have already signed Freeney.

Latest posts