Cheatriots

Cyrus12

Reaction score
will they go 16-0? dont see anyone that can stop them...what is their secret in keeping guys interested in winning?

IrishNW

Reaction score
Its easy, If you hold your self above the team you are gone. They will find someone else to take your spot and they will win without you.

Rex

Reaction score
They have the other teams signals and playbook and the officials on their payroll.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Cyrus12":38riot57 said:
will they go 16-0? dont see anyone that can stop them...what is their secret in keeping guys interested in winning?

They have a head coach who is a realist rather than an optimist, they have an OC that is actually creative, they have an OL coach that likes to draft and teach OLineman, and they have a QB that has a pair to throw into tight windows to his receivers.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Purely hypothetical, of course, but I would have loved to see how the Patriots would have treated the Kam holdout situation.

mistaowen

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3jo3op6v said:
Purely hypothetical, of course, but I would have loved to see how the Patriots would have treated the Kam holdout situation.

Kam would be on a different team.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
mistaowen":167t6xv0 said:
CodeWarrior":167t6xv0 said:

Kam would be on a different team.

One of the local sports radio guys here is former Steelers punter Josh Miller, who also spent a year or two with the Pats**** and won a ring, and says that Belicheat scares the hell out of everyone on the team. Players buy in because they know they have a good chance of winning a SB with the Pats**** but they also know he'll cut their ass in a heartbeat.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I hope the Patriots go 18-1 again. Hilarious.

RussB

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1ix1pd07 said:
After their superbowl hero malcolm butler showed up late to camp. They kicked his ass out for short time. Kam would have been gone after 2 weeks max

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
To answer the question of 16-0 .. I don't think they will do it. They still have 5 division games left, including trips to NY and Miami. They have road games at the Giants and Broncos too. I think they drop 2 of those and go 14-2.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I think they drop 1-2, but they will be favored in every game IMO. Even if the Broncos are also undefeated at the time.

As to how they do it...they have a system in place that works and a philosophy that is 2nd to none. How many players have played for the Patriots over the past 15 years (during Brady's tenure). I would guess that it would be shockingly high considering their success.

They identify a guy to build their franchise around (Brady), and do a great job getting offensive lineman to block for him - this has to be a scheme thing because it seems like it hardly matters who plays Oline for them.

And the most important thing, that Seattle should have learned from IMO, is that they let guys go. For the Patriots, their defense has been turned over what seems like every year since Brady emerged as "the guy" and got his first big contract.

purpleneer

Reaction score
Ramfan128":9dw2mstn said:
I think they drop 1-2, but they will be favored in every game IMO. Even if the Broncos are also undefeated at the time.

As to how they do it...they have a system in place that works and a philosophy that is 2nd to none. How many players have played for the Patriots over the past 15 years (during Brady's tenure). I would guess that it would be shockingly high considering their success.

They identify a guy to build their franchise around (Brady), and do a great job getting offensive lineman to block for him - this has to be a scheme thing because it seems like it hardly matters who plays Oline for them.

And the most important thing, that Seattle should have learned from IMO, is that they let guys go. For the Patriots, their defense has been turned over what seems like every year since Brady emerged as "the guy" and got his first big contract.
I'd add in, and put it near #1, that they understand how much easier it is to ice a game offensively than it is to hold it with your defense. In other words, the best way to hold a lead is to keep buliding it. Also, their gameplans and in-game adjustments are flexible and take all personnel into account.
And I'd actually take out the point about OL. They've had some mediocre lines; they just coach and play accordingly instead of acting like they are great.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
purpleneer":kiic36q1 said:
Ramfan128":kiic36q1 said:

I'd add in, and put it near #1, that they understand how much easier it is to ice a game offensively than it is to hold it with your defense. In other words, the best way to hold a lead is to keep buliding it. Also, their gameplans and in-game adjustments are flexible and take all personnel into account.
And I'd actually take out the point about OL. They've had some mediocre lines; they just coach and play accordingly instead of acting like they are great.

Cheating aside, they are an exceptionally well-coached and well-prepared team that rarely makes mistakes. Agree with purpleneer that their main thing is building the offense. In the salary cap era they have opted to spend most of their money on the offense. Their defense for most of recent history has been mid-pack or worse but, and I've said this on our board for years, they don't give a crap how many points you score because they will simply score more. In five games they're scored 40 in one, 51 in another, and at least 30 in two. Frankly I was shocked that we (Steelers) held them to less than 30 because they usually own our ass. There will be more 50+ point games this year. They also benefit from the fact that the other three teams in their division have sucked balls for a long time. The Pats**** will easily be undefeated in their division this year.

Rambitious

Reaction score
Cyrus12":rt8zx066 said:

Their secret=Cheating.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rambitious":1ipd7xrv said:
Cyrus12":1ipd7xrv said:

Their secret=Cheating.

:thirishdrinkers: :stirthepot: :thfight7: :stirthepot: :thirishdrinkers:

Truth.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The problem with trying to analyze the Pats is you just don't know if it is coaching or if they are still figuring out ways to cheat. There are too many question marks like why does every player suck when they leave?

If not for all the complaints and times actially getting caught, you would have to idolize what they have done but unfortunately the have proven beyond any doubt that they won't hesitate to cheat.

I would stop watching football if my team has thier reputation.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2tu5gy92 said:

I talked about this in another thread.

Except for a handful of key players like Brady, Belicheat churns his roster continuously so that there's no one there to get rich, fat and content over winning.

It's the opposite of what we're seeing here in Seattle, bunch of players got paid, got married, had babies and now the fire isn't there 24/7 like it was 2-3 years ago. The Patriots don't have to worry about complacency because 80% of their roster is new seemingly every year.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I am not a fan of this philosophy purely because if Brady for some reason due to injury misses a game like in the playoffs, they are done, where as defense can give you a chance.