Next year bring Steve Smith Sr. In as a consultant/WR coach

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Many people agree that what we are lacking this season is the fire and intensity--we can still find it for sure before seasons end, but next year to help continue it we should bring in Steve Smith Sr as he has already said this is his last season.

Bring him in as an assistant WR coach/consultant. That dude has NEVER lost his fire or competitive attitude. He's my favorite non Seahawks player and it's because of what he brings. He's just this small little guy that shouldn't still be doing what he does, but every game, every year he goes and balls out.

Yea fans of opposing teams might say he's a little... You know what... But if you say you wouldn't LOVE him on your team then you are crazy. He would have fit right in with the arrogant, cocky, we are the best and we know it Seahawks team that won the Super Bowl.

Of course, being a great player and a great or even good coach are two different things, but if we could integrate him somehow and he could show our players how to stay hungry then it would be a boon to this team as we still have the best talent on paper and likely will next year as well.

rigelian

Reaction score
I love Steve Smith as a player. He's always been one of my favorites. I like his fire and combativeness. However, as a coach he'd be a disaster. He doesn't have the make up for it.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I just don't see what would bring him here. He has zero ties to our franchise. If he does move on to coaching, my guess is it would be in Carolina or Baltimore. I'd be more than happy to bring him in here, I just don't see it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If you need a life coach to light a match so you can be motivated to play a game then you need to quit.