Seahawks 'really disappointed' in Levi's Stadium field

Jville

Reaction score
"Dangerous? It was certainly on the play that Russell did a baseball slide," Carroll said. "I’m getting after him for forgetting how to slide, and he talked about how the turf just jumped up at him and grabbed him, grabbed his knee. And that was dangerous. Other than that, I know that our guys were really disappointed in that, the footing and their confidence once they got going. It is what it is. It’s what they offer at their stadium."

[urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/15415/pete-carroll-seahawks-really-disappointed-in-levis-stadium-field[/urltargetblank]

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seeing as a shitty field in Washington cost us quite possibly a trip to the NFCCG in for the 2012 season when Clemons got hurt, yeah, Pete might be a bit sensitive to shitty fields.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Scottemojo":ov4xknxr said:
Seeing as a shitty field in Washington cost us quite possibly a trip to the NFCCG in for the 2012 season when Clemons got hurt, yeah, Pete might be a bit sensitive to shitty fields.

And Hauschka as well as Lynch spraing a knee.

No pass rush, short kick offs, no confidence in field goals and a gimped Lynch but at least we got to start the Atlanta game at 10am. Really amazing we were in that game at all not to mention a lead with 31 seconds on the clock.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Yesterday, Ravens kicker Justin Tucker shanked a field goal off the goalpost, but to blame him would be to overlook the abysmal field conditions entirely.......... Tucker's entire leg seem(ed) to sink into the ground. It's lucky that he didn't get injured.

Levi field condition concerns from four days during the Raven game >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.businessinsider.com/super-bowl-levis-stadium-turf-disaster-2015-10[/urltargetblank]

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
And yet this is where the superbowl is going to be played....what a disaster

DeeHawks

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2cku9n1w said:
This is an NFL field!?
[vine]e9rUYl77rOu[/vine]
Wow...his foot sank way down into the turf...!!!
He could've broken his ankle. They need to do something to fix this or someone's going to get really hurt.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sinkholes in an NFL field. Unbelievable. I hope an earthquake wipes out that stadium; at least Oakland's is safe for the players, if not the fans. (Granted, 49ers stadiums have been the most dangerous in the past decade for fan violence incidents...)

rideaducati

Reaction score
The fix for that field seems so easy. Plug the stupid drainage system. You can't have dry sand under grass and expect the grass to root. You also can't have a drainage system under a foot of sand and expect the top of the sand to remain wet enough for it to not be loose and dry.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":xoca6lig said:
I can't disagree. Like you point out that game was likely a huge factor in us losing to Atlanta.

nanomoz

Reaction score
hawknation2015":12c3ntxz said:
This is an NFL field!?
[vine]e9rUYl77rOu[/vine]

I think this is criminal. I really do. But, the NFL‘s #1 concern is player safety. Unreal. Belligerent hypocrisy.

A

Anonymous

They'll probably bring in a team of botanists, chemists, and a few professional lawn crew dudes to confer prior to SB50.

I believe it was discussed last year that they brought in and cultivated an entirely new field for SBXLIX.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1zmjjuqp said:
They'll probably bring in a team of botanists, chemists, and a few professional lawn crew dudes to confer prior to SB50.

I believe it was discussed last year that they brought in and cultivated an entirely new field for SBXLIX.

This is probably what the Yorks are waiting for. Pay their cousin $20 a week for now and let the NFL come in and foot the bill to fix it right and be ready for the super bowl.

After watching that clip of the Ravens kicker sinking into the turf I really feel like the NFL should step in and force a real fix or stop having games there until it is fixed. That field is downright dangerous. Thank god we got out alive and don't have to go back this year.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
WHy are they so stubborn about having natural turf, it's not like having natural turf is all revered anymore and it's certainly not natural turf that defines who yo are, so why not just go with field turf?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
whatta dump...then again the turf might slow down their fans when they go on field to try and stab someone...

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2ugki1xm said:

Know the feeling. Rodgers got his calf hurt hurt at Tampa last year, and he blamed the turf.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bobblehead":36500ggw said:
WHy are they so stubborn about having natural turf, it's not like having natural turf is all revered anymore and it's certainly not natural turf that defines who yo are, so why not just go with field turf?

I believe the excuse was because Candlestick had it and they wanted to bring the same feel for play for the players.

253hawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2onr4sa8 said:
And yet this is where the superbowl is going to be played....what a disaster

The NFL has a specialized grounds crew to handle the SB specifically; the head guy has done all of them since SB I. So I wouldn't worry too much about it for that game.

But week in and week out during the regular season it's been the same story. Visiting teams should just refuse to play on it. There is absolutely zero excuse for a professional sports franchise worth over $1 billion to have such an awful playing surface for its investments, as well as the rest of the league's.