Raible doing play by play

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
For the SD - Oak game on Westwood one (KJR). Was driving to my nieces flag football game, I'm like WTF?
At first I thought it was some replay of old Hawks game.

irocdave

Reaction score
I listened to part of that game also. Holmy is a natural color guy, Steve joust sounded strange announcing another teams game. Seemed like an odd pairing.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Agreed, Holmgren seemed very good as a color man. Particularly good with insights on thought processes about the play calls (good or bad). Didn't focus solely on the result of the plays.

Seemed to have a very solid grasp of the plays and able to see/recall many of the ancillary one on one battles that helped spring plays. His understanding of QB fundamentals and add value to why a QB made a bad throw or bad decision seemed clearly on display.

I suspect his teacher mentality could really translate well to a color announcer role.

A few instances of kind of tripping over his play by play partner, which I would expect. But nonetheless, it's a gig he could really own if he wanted to make a run at it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I thought that was him! I was listening to the radio broadcast and thinking "That sounds like Raible...naw..can't be" He should be familiar with the old AFCW though.