Why Didn't we Re-sign Browner?

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
Didn't realize he was available this off season. I would have thought this team would have jumped at the opportunity to bring back one of "their guys" as Pete calls them. Off the field issues left a bad taste in their mouths perhaps? Would have been cool to reunite the OG Legion of Boom.

Basis4day

Reaction score
chimpanjesus":2fcfq3y7 said:
Didn't realize he was available this off season. I would have thought this team would have jumped at the opportunity to bring back one of "their guys" as Pete calls them. Off the field issues left a bad taste in their mouths perhaps? Would have been cool to reunite the OG Legion of Boom.

Yes

kobebryant

Reaction score
Cary was signed prior to Browner being released (or not having his option picked up).

Rob12

Reaction score
I'd love him here. He's not that good but knows this system inside and out and would still be an upgrade over Cary Williams, IMO.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Brandon Browner: We thought it was curious when folks all offseason bemoaned the Patriots losing Darrelle Revis and Browner from their secondary, as if they were remotely connected. Revis is an all-time great. Browner was an average starter in New England, although he'll always have free drinks for life in Boston for his role in Malcolm Butler's interception. Bill Belichick knew how to cover up Browner's weaknesses. In New Orleans, opposing quarterbacks pick on him mercilessly. I went to double check ProFootballFocus to make sure including him on this list wasn't crazy and found out PFF ranks him dead last among 104 cornerbacks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...iggest-disappointments-of-2015s-first-quarter

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Dead last amongst 104 NFL CB's. Wow.

He still looked way better than Cary Williams.

Polk738

Reaction score
he's always drawing penalties when he's not suspended for drugs

Tical21

Reaction score
I think the intimidation factor he brought to our team drastically outweighed his penalties and sometimes less than stellar play, but in the end, when we needed him, he wasn't there. He was unreliable. Suspended, hurt, you name it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I honestly don't get the Cary Williams hate. I think he's been an upgrade over Maxwell overall. Both of them gave up big plays periodically.

Williams has been better than Browner this year.