McCown vs Manziel

ringless

Reaction score
I am a known Manziel hater. I think he is the trash of the Earth. So my opinion doesn't count.

But I have been reading the Browns forums just to get a grasp on a few things and it seems the majority want Manziel to play this week. There are varying opinions. McCown statistically has had a pretty excellent year.

Completing 66.8% of his passes. Outstanding!
281 YPG, 8 TD's and 3 INT.

It seems he is getting a lot of credit for the losses despite what seems to be one of the more subpar defenses in the league and really not any great WR's to help him out.

The reasoning is that the season is most likely over for them. They know what they have in McCown, but don't know what they have in Johnny who may or may not be the future. That board is split on either love or hate for Manziel. A lot want him off the team and a lot are excited about his potential.

Outside of my hate for Manziel I just don't see a QB. I don't see a leader, or someone who can command the respect of his peers in the huddle.

Going to keep his personal issues aside although I really want to share my thoughts there lol.

If you are the Browns. What do you want? I guess I feel McCown gives me the best shot at winning. He's older and not the future although you could get 3 good years from the guy.

Or do you let Manziel start playing this week. Let him finish the year and decide if this is someone who deserves to play on your team?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Let Johnny Football play, so that you can trade him to ... the Texans next season.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I see a guy that likes to get drunk in the morning and beat his wife in the afternoon.....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2pn1bbz5 said:
Let Johnny Football play, so that you can trade him to ... the Texans next season.
Right state wrong team. Crazy uncle Jerruh has a "rager" for the guy.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
ringless":28w7p3v5 said:
If you are the Browns. What do you want? I guess I feel McCown gives me the best shot at winning. He's older and not the future although you could get 3 good years from the guy.

Or do you let Manziel start playing this week. Let him finish the year and decide if this is someone who deserves to play on your team?

If I'm a Browns fan, I guess I'd want to have an end to the annual additions to the 17 (?) failed QBs since the franchise came back. They want a guy good enough to be resigned to a second contract. I doubt that McCown is the kind of QB that would 'call off the hounds' for the search of the QBOTF.

Not that I expect that Manziel is that guy. I think he's a dumpster fire. Plain and simple. But I at least could see some spark/magic about him. It's kind of a choice between a guy you pretty much know has a Dave Krieg ceiling at the very best, or a guy who may, but is almost assuredly not, going to be worth his 5th year option on his rookie deal.

If there was an option C, I think they'd take that.

Hawks46

Reaction score
We haven't seen enough from Manziel to tell how good he's going to be one way or another.

I'm if the Browns, I play him to see what they have and see if there's any progression at all.

I could care less about him either way, but it's not the first time a guy comes into the league cocky and a bit immature.

He was a football God for a Texas college. Everyone has told him he's the best his entire life. Let's not act like that wouldn't effect any of us the same way, it sure as hell would. He's starting to get humbled, if not already. Let the process mature a bit and see what you have.

Yanking 1st or 2nd year QBs on talent poor teams and not letting them learn is a sure fire way to kill that player's progress. The Browns are infamous for killing QBs right out of college. They're never going to get better if they keep doing the same things.

Latest posts