NFC West is darn fun to watch

byau

Reaction score
Was just thinking this morning as a result of catching up on some 710 shows and Salk's hate for Arians (contrasted with Groz's admiration of Arians) that I really like the NFC West. It's fun to watch

The Rams and their trick plays, not to mention some really dynamite players like Gurley and Bailey. And their defense. The Rams are an easy team to root for

The Cardinals... I am on the Salk side, don't like Arians much. But I do like the players a lot and Groz made the point that Carson Palmer is an easy player to root for considering what he's gone through (much the same reason for me Peyton Manning is easy to root for .. towards my age range, after many surgeries, still out there getting hit by athletes almost half his age). And I do like the rest of the Cardinals in general. Good solid team I could easily root for

The 49ers .. well, I can't easily root for them, but it is fun to watch them, maybe not for the reasons it's fun to watch the Rams and Cardinals.

I was trying to think of other teams I have this much fun watching. To be honest I have tried to watch other games and I end up falling asleep. But not during 49ers, Rams, and Cardinals games.

Maybe it's because we are in the division, who knows. Regardless, these guys are fun to watch.

Yay for the NFC West

ringless

Reaction score
byau":7s0mvfju said:
Was just thinking this morning as a result of catching up on some 710 shows and Salk's hate for Arians (contrasted with Groz's admiration of Arians) that I really like the NFC West. It's fun to watch

The Rams and their trick plays, not to mention some really dynamite players like Gurley and Bailey. And their defense. The Rams are an easy team to root for

The Cardinals... I am on the Salk side, don't like Arians much. But I do like the players a lot and Groz made the point that Carson Palmer is an easy player to root for considering what he's gone through (much the same reason for me Peyton Manning is easy to root for .. towards my age range, after many surgeries, still out there getting hit by athletes almost half his age). And I do like the rest of the Cardinals in general. Good solid team I could easily root for

The 49ers .. well, I can't easily root for them, but it is fun to watch them, maybe not for the reasons it's fun to watch the Rams and Cardinals.

I was trying to think of other teams I have this much fun watching. To be honest I have tried to watch other games and I end up falling asleep. But not during 49ers, Rams, and Cardinals games.

Maybe it's because we are in the division, who knows. Regardless, these guys are fun to watch.

Yay for the NFC West

We really do have exciting football. We have two top 5 Defenses IMO between the Rams and Seattle. I like watching a good D more than a good O so I find that a lot of fun as well.

We also have a top 3 offense in the league in our Division in AZ and it's not your typical dink and dunk. It's based off explosive plays, play action, and the deep threat.

SF is fun to watch because of the FO. Leaks, drama, and what was. Although I do miss watching their defense as well when it was good.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I enjoy 49er press conferences more than their games. I get what you're saying though, byau.

Rams are the more intriguing team to me because Gurley seems to add legitimacy that was never there in the run game. Makes me wonder who we'll actually be fighting for an NFCW title this season (assuming we turn things around).

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
Laloosh":2f2y5m72 said:
I enjoy 49er press conferences more than their games. I get what you're saying though, byau.

Also, with the 49ers I do like watching Kaepernick, not just this incarnation where he is throwing at heads of team managers, but prior in the 2012 and 2013 seasons. He was deceptively fast with those long strides and really hard to take down.

And the defense ..very fast, like that first strip fumble by.. I think it was Wilils?

The 2013 NFC Championship game was definitely a riveting one to watch with both teams bringing some nasty game with them (though I'm sure it is easier for me to say that being on the winning side)

Rams are the more intriguing team to me because Gurley seems to add legitimacy that was never there in the run game. Makes me wonder who we'll actually be fighting for an NFCW title this season (assuming we turn things around)

Agreed - Gurley is a huge piece that was missing. (well, in addition to a starting QB not being injured)

It will be interesting if they move to my side of the country :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":3kq8wkr4 said:
byau":3kq8wkr4 said:

Yay for the NFC West

We really do have exciting football. We have two top 5 Defenses IMO between the Rams and Seattle. I like watching a good D more than a good O so I find that a lot of fun as well.

We also have a top 3 offense in the league in our Division in AZ and it's not your typical dink and dunk. It's based off explosive plays, play action, and the deep threat.

SF is fun to watch because of the FO. Leaks, drama, and what was. Although I do miss watching their defense as well when it was good.

You and me both.

Honestly I don't like watching the NFC West all that much. Even when the Niners were good.

There are players on every team that I enjoyed watching, but not the teams so much. For example, I can't stand Seattle, but I do really like Marshawn. Its not just a rivalry thing either...just don't enjoy the games. I don't like Arizona, but I have the utmost respect for Fitz and I enjoyed watching Dockett when he was in his prime.

Rams? Less so. :D I LOVED Faulk back in the day dating back to his first college game...HATED that he got traded to the Rams. I just about had a conniption when the Colts traded him. Sigh.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I love love love our NFC W.

I am facing the absolute fact that my team might be in the AFC W next season, and it really bothers me. Much more so than their physical location.

Our NFC W is fun to watch. I know all the teams so well and so much that I can enjoy the games because I know all the players and I can hate them but love what they do when they perform. I often feel sad when another NFC team loses....yes, it does happen.

I respect all three teams immensely. That is part of it - the respect. The knowing we have made each other better over the last few years. The old time going back to forever loved and adored rivalry w the Niners - it STILL matters.

I think all of the other Rams fans on this board are from St. Louis, so they won't understand any of this. In fact, they are WISHING vocally to be in the AFC W on St. Louis boards.

But, it will be a TRUE NFL TRAVESTY if the Rams leave the NFC W.

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":3v4m19k3 said:
I think all of the other Rams fans on this board are from St. Louis, so they won't understand any of this. In fact, they are WISHING vocally to be in the AFC W on St. Louis boards.

Careful with your use of "they" since I don't remember any Rams posters here wanting to leave the NFCW. The "TRUE NFL TRAVESTY" would be the Rams leaving St. Louis.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I'd rather the Seahawks were back in the AFC West..

I mean I don't "hate" that they are in the NFC West... but the Rams, Cards and 9ers will never be "rivals" of the Seahawks in my mind... only "in the way" teams. There will be good games, and some bad blood (there already has been) but it won't match the Raiders-Broncos-Chiefs rivalries (Chargers, a little I guess).

Nothing disparaging about the current NFC West... its been highly competitive the last few years. I just don't "hate" the teams.. mildly irritated by them at best.

Rex

Reaction score
byau":faxe55at said:

Yay for the NFC West

Good post. NFCW divisional games are real knocking the snot out affairs. :th2thumbs:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
RedAlice":2kwyhnlf said:

I am facing the absolute fact that my team might be in the AFC W next season, and it really bothers me. Much more so than their physical location.

Our NFC W is fun to watch. I know all the teams so well and so much that I can enjoy the games because I know all the players and I can hate them but love what they do when they perform. I often feel sad when another NFC team loses....yes, it does happen.

I respect all three teams immensely. That is part of it - the respect. The knowing we have made each other better over the last few years. The old time going back to forever loved and adored rivalry w the Niners - it STILL matters.

I am not from St. Louis.

I'm 29 years old, which would make most people think I'm a St. Louis Rams fan...

But the truth is, my Dad has been a Rams fan since 1965. I was born into it. Starting really getting into football in the 90s, and it just so happened that by the time I understood the game, they were in St. Louis. My dad desperately wants them back in LA, although I have to admit I like being able to drive to a game every year (I live in Ohio). I will be happy either way, but I think the City of St. Louis has kind of shown they don't really want an NFL team....the past three games I went to the Rams fans were basically out numbered...

But we will not be in the AFC West....no need to worry about that. Our rivalry with the Niners is in the top 5 in terms of games played. The NFL will not allow that to go away.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Uncle Si":xc96hw63 said:

I mean I don't "hate" that they are in the NFC West... but the Rams, Cards and 9ers will never be "rivals" of the Seahawks in my mind... only "in the way" teams. There will be good games, and some bad blood (there already has been) but it won't match the Raiders-Broncos-Chiefs rivalries (Chargers, a little I guess).

Nothing disparaging about the current NFC West... its been highly competitive the last few years. I just don't "hate" the teams.. mildly irritated by them at best.

This will happen before the Rams move to the AFCW.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Rex":1haaromx said:
Uncle Si":1haaromx said:

Go to your room. :141847_bnono:

Again, nothing against the current set up... but if I was given the choice, i'd choose the AFC west.

Perfectly comfortable with the NFC West

Rex

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ju9ur2d said:
Rex":2ju9ur2d said:
Uncle Si":2ju9ur2d said:

Go to your room. :141847_bnono:

Again, nothing against the current set up... but if I was given the choice, i'd choose the AFC west.

Perfectly comfortable with the NFC West

and no supper.

Rex

Reaction score
Ramfan128":bofo6bea said:
I think the City of St. Louis has kind of shown they don't really want an NFL team....

Not true. Given the horrendous stretch of terrible teams and coaches and now an owner that wants to move....no city fills a stadium well under those circumstances.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Ramfan128":21jksdze said:
Uncle Si":21jksdze said:

I think it will be horrible if they move any of our NFC W teams to the AFC.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RedAlice":btix6wcx said:
Ramfan128":btix6wcx said:
Uncle Si":btix6wcx said:

I think it would be horrible too, but the NFL will want at least two inland teams in each Western division so that the East coast teams don't have to travel too far. Damned East coast bias.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Ramfan128":11v6cpgz said:
RedAlice":11v6cpgz said:

I am not from St. Louis.

I'm 29 years old, which would make most people think I'm a St. Louis Rams fan...

But the truth is, my Dad has been a Rams fan since 1965. I was born into it. Starting really getting into football in the 90s, and it just so happened that by the time I understood the game, they were in St. Louis. My dad desperately wants them back in LA, although I have to admit I like being able to drive to a game every year (I live in Ohio). I will be happy either way, but I think the City of St. Louis has kind of shown they don't really want an NFL team....the past three games I went to the Rams fans were basically out numbered...

But we will not be in the AFC West....no need to worry about that. Our rivalry with the Niners is in the top 5 in terms of games played. The NFL will not allow that to go away.

:thirishdrinkers: I hope you are right regarding the divisions.

And, good to know Ramfan128. Happy you are posting here!

Not sure if you read Webzone, but this thread is particularly delicious this year. Especially page 6.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... s-pregame/

A post from there:

Devey gives up a league record in sacks. Kap throws a wild ball and kills a cheerleader. Tomsula starts to pace so hard the trainers are called to treat him for cramps. Vernon brings a clay wheel on the sideline and has a ghost moment with Jed. Patton manages to get a 30 yard penalty baffling the announcers. Bush gets hurt walking out of the locker room. In an act of desperation Hayne it's White in pregame warmups with a boomerang. Acker loses his man and ends up running with Fisher down the sideline on accident.

We lose 28-10

----
Why does a cheer leader have to die?

---
We'll find out next year she was in a twisted love triangle with Trent's daughter.

RedAlice

Reaction score
rideaducati":3qysc7ku said:
RedAlice":3qysc7ku said:
Ramfan128":3qysc7ku said:
Uncle Si":3qysc7ku said:

I think it would be horrible too, but the NFL will want at least two inland teams in each Western division so that the East coast teams don't have to travel too far. Damned East coast bias.

I think the reason is that you can't have two AFC teams in one stadium or city because of the TV contracts. It's only an issue if both the Chargers and Raiders move to LA.

No issue if the Rams move to LA by themselves, or with one or other of the Raiders or Chargers.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RedAlice":2hsre1ni said:
rideaducati":2hsre1ni said:
RedAlice":2hsre1ni said:

I think the reason is that you can't have two AFC teams in one stadium or city because of the TV contracts. It's only an issue if both the Chargers and Raiders move to LA.

No issue if the Rams move to LA by themselves, or with one or other of the Raiders or Chargers.

My guess is that the Rams and Chargers move to L.A. and the Raiders get left in Oakland where they eventually get their own stadium built. The Raiders will probably have to be sold before they get their stadium.