Joe Staley accuses Vernon Davis of faking a knee injury

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The first instance occurred on the Tuesday following the Week 4 loss to the Packers. The conflict apparently stemmed from Staley’s doubts regarding the severity of Davis’ knee injury, which he sustained in the Week 3 loss to the Cardinals. According to the source, on the day after the Packers loss, Davis was told by a trainer that there was nothing wrong with his knee. Staley called Davis out on this the next day and they exchanged words over it. Davis didn’t play in either of the 49ers’ Week 4 and 5 losses to the Packers and Giants.

The next altercation occurred in the locker room following last Thursday’s loss to the Seahawks. While the details of this skirmish are unclear, a source told me that this was where the players were arguing over Kaepernick. The source couldn’t clarify what was said, but told me that it was Davis who spoke out against Kaepernick, and it was Staley who defended his quarterback.

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/source- ... -quarrels/

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2bgkar5l said:
Why does Davis doing something like this, if true, not surprise me one iota?
Man is it ever a mess in Santa Clara.

What surprises me is that there is a player that stands up FOR Kaepernick in that locker room.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
rideaducati":ewidjadw said:
hawksfansinceday1":ewidjadw said:
Why does Davis doing something like this, if true, not surprise me one iota?
Man is it ever a mess in Santa Clara.

What surprises me is that there is a player that stands up FOR Kaepernick in that locker room.
Staley is the right kind of player.

ringless

Reaction score
I am amazed at how much has leaked out of that FO and Locker room over the last two years. And before anyone says that we don't know whats true. Must of it has come to fruition.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
The best thing about this thread is I now know what a tumulus is.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Serious question: Is Tomsula spending all of his new salary on Twinkies?

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Davis is stuck on a bad Niners team that needs to retool. The 31-year-old hasn't done much this season, but it looks like he has enough in the tank to contribute on a Super Bowl competitor. I'd expect Davis to get a big psychological boost in moving from a cellar-dweller to a Super Bowl contender. I could see him traded for a sixth-round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... make-sense

:D