What’s wrong with the 49ers?... Tim Kawakami 11-1-15

Jville

Reaction score
20151101__SJM-49ERS-1101-02~1_300.JPG
495265782-mike-davis-of-the-san-francisco-49ers-is-gettyimages.jpg

What’s wrong with the 49ers? The QB, coach, offensive coordinator, the offensive line, the GM… and that’s just a start >>>> [urltargetblank]http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2015/11/01/whats-wrong-with-the-49ers-the-qb-coach-offensive-coordinator-the-offensive-line-the-gm-and-thats-just-a-start/[/urltargetblank]

Kawakami: Picking over the 49ers' totality of wreckage >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawakami/ci_29056711/kawakami-picking-over-49ers-totality-wreckage[/urltargetblank]

It’s probably time for the 49ers to bench Colin Kaepernick, as a matter of trust >>> [urltargetblank]http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2015/11/02/its-probably-time-for-the-49ers-to-bench-colin-kaepernick-as-a-matter-of-trust-or-the-complete-loss-of-it-by-all-sides/#more-29489[/urltargetblank]

Ramfan128

Reaction score
So the 49ers have played each division rival and are 0-3....

They've lost by a total score of 94-16, which averages out to a score of 31-5 in each game....

The Cardinals, who beat the Niners the worst, have the dubious distinction of allowing the ONLY TD scored by the Niners against a divisional opponent this season.

Just to recap....they've scored 16 points in THREE games against the Cards, Hawks, and Rams.

16 points in one game would be bad...

But the truth is, I've lived this level of ineptitude with the Rams too many times...I know exactly how it feels.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I want to be careful not to absolve Kap of any blame here because he's certainly been a part of the problem...

...but OH MY GOD this is the worst offensive line I've ever seen in red and gold. Ever. Completely inept. Add to that Boldin out. Add to that Hyde out. Add to that Bush AND Davis getting hurt during the game.

Add to that playing one of the best front 7s in the NFL.

Ouch.

I'm amazed Kap is still alive.

ringless

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1g2uk5nw said:
So the 49ers have played each division rival and are 0-3....

They've lost by a total score of 94-16, which averages out to a score of 31-5 in each game....

The Cardinals, who beat the Niners the worst, have the dubious distinction of allowing the ONLY TD scored by the Niners against a divisional opponent this season.

Just to recap....they've scored 16 points in THREE games against the Cards, Hawks, and Rams.

16 points in one game would be bad...

But the truth is, I've lived this level of ineptitude with the Rams too many times...I know exactly how it feels.

I share the same feeling. This is the first year ever in my life as a Cardinals fan that I have gone into games and actually expected to win. Or have been comfortable when losing because I felt we were the better team and could come back. Years of losing and you always wonder when the other shoe will drop.

I like Tim's articles and I know a ton of 49ers fans hate the guy. But he does say what needs to be said.

What is interesting about the 49ers only TD was that they started that drive inside the red-zone. Otherwise Kap only finished with like 60 yards on the day.

I also saw a punt that the last 2 weeks the 49ers have the same amount of first downs as they have punts. 19

Tim touched on some issues about everything being interlocked and there is a lot of truth in that. If Jed could bite the bullet, fire his staff, and GM I think they'd have a great shot at a quick rebuild. Plenty of Kaep space can be generated with his release. They already have a lot, and they do have talent on that team. It looks bad now, but I think they could fix it quick if Jed is willing to be held accountable.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ringless":1ejddelq said:
I share the same feeling. This is the first year ever in my life as a Cardinals fan that I have gone into games and actually expected to win. Or have been comfortable when losing because I felt we were the better team and could come back. Years of losing and you always wonder when the other shoe will drop.

Yep. I've been a 9ers fan from the winning times of the late 80s through the 90s, through the lost decade of the 2Ks, through the Harbaugh years and now.

Having been up and down across those periods the team being atrocious right now definitely doesn't bother me in the way it did in the 2Ks.

ringless":1ejddelq said:
Tim touched on some issues about everything being interlocked and there is a lot of truth in that. If Jed could bite the bullet, fire his staff, and GM I think they'd have a great shot at a quick rebuild. Plenty of Kaep space can be generated with his release. They already have a lot, and they do have talent on that team. It looks bad now, but I think they could fix it quick if Jed is willing to be held accountable.

I don't think Baalke goes anywhere, nor do I think he should go anywhere, but agreed with the rest of the house cleaning.

For me, the thing with Baalke is that he plays contracts and the draft the right way. I truly believe that draft and FA acquisitions are a crap shoot (it really is random chance) so the failed picks don't really mean anything to me as that's just luck. Baalke's a good GM because every year he maximizes his chances to the spin the wheel, which is all I want from a GM. He also doesn't mortgage the future on those dice rolls in the draft or FA. The other thing is that when GMs are making decisions for their job they tend to be bad one; they're short-term hail marry attempts when good GMs should always be orienting toward the long term.

As for a quick turnaround, I guess it's possible, but I just don't think it's reasonable or very likely. They need to hit on a QB, hit on a new HC and two new coordinators, hit on a couple OLineman, hit on a pass rusher, and need to stay healthy to really be in the playoff picture again. That's POSSIBLE, but it's a lot of asks for one or two offseasons. If I were the 9ers I'd be projecting a few years out.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2yhqqb10 said:
Harbaugh is gone. That's what's wrong.

Having lost 9 pro-bowlers (and Anthony Davis) over the past couple years probably has something to do with it too. ;)

Barakas

Reaction score
Marvin49":wc0x5ijd said:
I want to be careful not to absolve Kap of any blame here because he's certainly been a part of the problem...

...but OH MY GOD this is the worst offensive line I've ever seen in red and gold. Ever. Completely inept. Add to that Boldin out. Add to that Hyde out. Add to that Bush AND Davis getting hurt during the game.

Ouch.

What kept Kap from looking to the left?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Barakas":ozcgwjpv said:
Marvin49":ozcgwjpv said:

Ouch.

What kept Kap from looking to the left?

As I said...not absolving him...but three runs from inside their own 5 and losing yards on each and every one (the final of which is a safety) isn't on the QB.

There was one point in the game where Kap had 17 yards rushing and the Niners as a team had 13.

Laloosh

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1utwrgg3 said:
Marvin....there were two wideouts with NO-ONE covering them. Kaep didn't even look up. He's not smart enough to account for the possiblity that the called play might not be the best one? You don't think that's on him?

Pull the other one mate, it's got bells on.

Marv, I never use this particular pic but c'mon, man.

07-minister.jpg

Popeyejones

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":7zceiwn6 said:
Marvin....there were two wideouts with NO-ONE covering them. Kaep didn't even look up. He's not smart enough to account for the possiblity that the called play might not be the best one? You don't think that's on him?

FWIW it was one WR with nobody covering him, not two (the second crashed on a run blitz right before the snap).

As for Kaepernick, yeah, of course he should have audibled out of the run when he saw that, but of course the Rams were ready to audible back into coverage should he audible.

To point out that 1) the 9ers playcalling is predictable enough for the Rams to get away with craziness like that and 2) the 9ers O-line and 3rd string RB are bad enough to get pushed back on three consecutive plays doesn't absolve Kaepernick from not playing the audible game with the Rams, it simply acknowledges that rather than being a one person failure there are no innocents for the 9ers in that sequence.

I think you might be missing the two sides to what Marvin is saying, and what he has been correctly saying IMO for awhile.

Part 1: Kaepernick has been playing like crap.

Part 2: If you think Kaepernick playing like crap is the story, you've missed the point that the whole offense has been so baf that Kaepernick's crap play doesn't even stand out as being more crappy than anything else. .

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":b09ijfdq said:
peachesenregalia":b09ijfdq said:

FWIW it was one WR with nobody covering him, not two (the second crashed on a run blitz right before the snap).

As for Kaepernick, yeah, of course he should have audibled out of the run when he saw that, but of course the Rams were ready to audible back into coverage should he audible.

To point out that 1) the 9ers playcalling is predictable enough for the Rams to get away with craziness like that and 2) the 9ers O-line and 3rd string RB are bad enough to get pushed back on three consecutive plays doesn't absolve Kaepernick from not playing the audible game with the Rams, it simply acknowledges that rather than being a one person failure there are no innocents for the 9ers in that sequence.

I think you might be missing the two sides to what Marvin is saying, and what he has been correctly saying IMO for awhile.

Part 1: Kaepernick has been playing like crap.

Part 2: If you think Kaepernick playing like crap is the story, you've missed the point that the whole offense has been so baf that Kaepernick's crap play doesn't even stand out as being more crappy than anything else. .

Did he even have to audible? Take the snap and throw the ball to his left. Easy 8-10 yards depending how long the safety takes to get there and if he makes a man miss, it's a TD.

All I'm saying is... Nobody was covering the freaking guy!

rlkats

Reaction score
What is wrong with the 49ers? How about this.

Attachments

• 12189837_10207727859297323_8606320364017118061_n.jpg
    12189837_10207727859297323_8606320364017118061_n.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 688

Laloosh

Reaction score
rlkats":1idyiyok said:
What is wrong with the 49ers? How about this.

That's a good one. We usually have to use our imagination but that's a pretty amazing likeness.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Marvin49":v7s6iogg said:

Ouch.

They're using him wrong. He'll never be a drop-back passer. They're wasting a lot of skills there. He should be doing something like a read-option.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/661264873607704576[/tweet]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Kaep is awful but the 49ers woes go wayyyy beyond that.

If you think Blaine Gabbert is going to suddenly make this team block better, coach better and defend better.. well... have fun with that theory.

rlkats

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":10ttah04 said:
Kaep is awful but the 49ers woes go wayyyy beyond that.

If you think Blaine Gabbert is going to suddenly make this team block better, coach better and defend better.. well... have fun with that theory.

I dont think many niners fans are stating Gabbert is the answer. We just want the season over already. Lol

Laloosh

Reaction score
Jville":27v6ovwe said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/661264873607704576[/tweet]

Jed posts using a pseudonym on twitter?