Vernon Davis traded...

Marvin49

Reaction score
Saw this one coming...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 57s57 seconds ago
Here we go: 49ers trading TE Vernon Davis to Denver for 6th- and 7th-round picks this year, and a 6th-round pick in 2017, sources tell ESPN.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
Deal amended by Shefter...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 3m3 minutes ago
Here's the actual deal: SF is trading Vernon Davis and a 2016 7th-round pick to Denver for a 6th in 2016 and a 6th in 2017, per sources.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
WHOO!!! Love that! Could be lethal with an actual pocket QB getting him the ball.

Maybe, just maybe, DEN will beat NE. If DEN can't, I see NE going undefeated. Cupcake schedule.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I like it for Denver, and SF probably needed to get Davis out of their locker-room. For that cost, it's definitely worth seeing what Vernon can do with a QB who can actually utilize a TE. Denver needed a third receiving option pretty badly too.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
That's a nice deal for both teams, I love seeing these.

For SF, getting anything for a diminished soon-to-be-UFA who doesn't fit into your future plans, and is still due over $2M this season, is a success.

For Denver, getting a veteran TE as a receiving complement to Virgil Green, and who makes you a better/deeper offense, for ostensibly nothing more than a 6th round pick two drafts from now, is a savvy move.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1p51zdno said:

For SF, getting anything for a diminished soon-to-be-UFA who doesn't fit into your future plans, and is still due over $2M this season, is a success.

For Denver, getting a veteran TE as a receiving complement to Virgil Green, and who makes you a better/deeper offense, for ostensibly nothing more than a 6th round pick two drafts from now, is a savvy move.

That's where I'm at.

Vernon was done in SF anyway. He's a shadow of himself on the field and he wasn't going to be back next year. Maybe Denver can get something out of him. If they make it to the Bowl I'd root for Vernon to get a ring.

Jville

Reaction score
The signs were every where. Plus, Trent Baalke is well on this way to gathering more draft picks than anyone else. 2016 could be his banner year for draft capital.

rideaducati

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2cjrjk3m said:
I like it for Denver, and SF probably needed to get Davis out of their locker-room. For that cost, it's definitely worth seeing what Vernon can do with a QB who can actually utilize a TE. Denver needed a third receiving option pretty badly too.

Well, he won't have to worry about dropping passes because they were thrown too hard anymore.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Did they consult Kam to see if he was willing to give Vernon his soul back? Cause he stole it in 2012.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Jville":7c4ucgti said:
The signs were every where. Plus, Trent Baalke is well on this way to gathering more draft picks than anyone else.

More hasn't meant anything so far for Baalke...except more camera time on draft day.

Jville

Reaction score
rideaducati":9muoixig said:
Jville":9muoixig said:
The signs were every where. Plus, Trent Baalke is well on this way to gathering more draft picks than anyone else.

More hasn't meant anything so far for Baalke...except more camera time on draft day.

Exactly ........ more doses of hope. More promises of upside.

Jville

Reaction score
They had to move Vernon Davis ... very little leverage. The Broncos (John Elway) did them a favor.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Problem is, Vernon runs a 4.3, and Peyton's passes are a 5.03 :p

Wait until December and January, Quaaccckkkkk!!!!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":37ohevu9 said:

Totally agreed.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Wow, that's a nice pick-up for Denver. Davis should be able to put up Julius Thomas numbers in that Offense if they start playing like they did last night.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he's going from a QB that can't put two and two together on the field to one that wants you to do long hand Calculus before every snap and isn't afraid to chew some ass.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Man I would love to know what salary cap Denver is operating under. They seem to be able to add salary at will. Haha

Latest posts