49ers bench Colin Kaepernick, Gabbert era begins

ColinSackorpick

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/661386569409044481[/tweet]

The source first said that a big change was coming for the 49ers on Tuesday, and followed up later with confirmation that the change is going to be at the quarterback position. Gabbert will be starting for the 49ers against the Falcons on Sunday, the source said.

While the suggested timing of an announcement (Tuesday, when the only media availability is for conversations with players in the locker room) is curious, the decision isn’t. Kaepernick has played abysmally in back-to-back games against division rivals, several franchise voices have been tossing blame his way for weeks, and yesterday Jason Cole said two 49ers players texted him and said it’s time for Kaepernick to be benched.

The decision was only telegraphed further by Tomsula’s non-committal answer regarding Kaepernick’s job security during his Monday press conference.
Q: Have you guys met and is there a decision on who your starting quarterback will be Sunday?

Tomsula: Yeah, we’re evaluating everything right now. So, we’re in the middle of it right now. I don’t have any comments on any position on our field right now. We are evaluating everybody.

Q: In the past, you’ve stated quite clearly, “QB Colin Kaepernick is our quarterback.”

Tomsula: Yeah, we’re evaluating everyone.

Q: Does that mean he might not start the next game?

Tomsula: I’m not going to have any further comment. I’m just telling you that we are evaluating everyone.

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/49ers-b ... e-gabbert/

ringless

Reaction score
ColinSackorpick":3m292430 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/661386569409044481[/tweet]

Wonder if he is done there.

Have to say, the way they structured that contract doesn't look to bad now.

ringless

Reaction score
@JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago
Vernon Davis was among those sick of Kap walking around team headquarters with headphones on all day. Guess Tomsula was too

So was the league

OP
OP
ColinSackorpick

ColinSackorpick

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kyle_McLorgBASG/status/661387388237647872[/tweet]

This guy broke the news of Kaep being benched before Rapoport.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
It's absolutely unbelievable what has happened with that team in just two years.

OP
OP
ColinSackorpick

ColinSackorpick

Reaction score
ringless":qrfqc4j9 said:
@JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago
Vernon Davis was among those sick of Kap walking around team headquarters with headphones on all day. Guess Tomsula was too

[youtube]4Ttsx5squWg[/youtube]

He couldn't handle it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This pretty much sums it up. York & Baalke will just keep ignoring the real problem (ie: themselves).

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/661392274094354432[/tweet]

homerun1970

Reaction score
That is a good present to not have to play behind that line. The utimate present would be to be traded out of the dumpster fire.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seriously all of this could not be happening to a better fan base. This warms my heart so much.

RationalNiner

Reaction score
Niner fans are the dumbest fans in the league. All I'm seeing is "we need to see kap behind a good line!" He's had 3 seasons and has been progressively regressing since 2012 when he had an all-star team, and even then he was just a middle of the pack QB. Dude has never been that good.

He can eat poo.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
RationalNiner":q58hrobv said:
Niner fans are the dumbest fans in the league. All I'm seeing is "we need to see kap behind a good line!" He's had 3 seasons and has been progressively regressing since 2012 when he had an all-star team, and even then he was just a middle of the pack QB. Dude has never been that good.

He can eat poo

You don't sound very rational.

RationalNiner

Reaction score
JSeahawks":se4o6oln said:
RationalNiner":se4o6oln said:

He can eat poo

You don't sound very rational.

what the hell do you know? stick to judging your midget qb