Cam newton

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Really wish he didnt act like Gods gift to football after every 3 yard carry or completion. Otherwise I could really like the guy, cuz I like his play style. But man, I hate the dude.

ringless

Reaction score
JSeahawks":18hpyg37 said:
Really wish he didnt act like Gods gift to football after every 3 yard carry or completion. Otherwise I could really like the guy, cuz I like his play style. But man, I hate the dude.

Thats honestly my issue with him. I like Carolina's defense. I think it's an exciting D to watch. But When Cam celebrates constantly it bothers me. I'm not sure why. It's partly the look on his face and how long the celebrations go for.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I have NO issue with him. I love him.

He can celebrate as much as he wants.

:179417: :179417:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Such a preening queen. Just did it a bit ago, but the play got called back for holding. Hilarious.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Ginn just dropped a beautiful game-winner. Unbelievable.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for humility. Cam doesn't have a lot of that. Many will say it doesn't matter since he's so good but I think character is important.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I think he's garbage.

His WRs aren't very good, I get that. But I just don't think Cam is that good....and it is very annoying how he celebrates after every play...especially when he generally plays poorly like he did last night.

I can't remember the last time a team was 7-0 but presented no threat whatsoever to win their conference

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cam is a good, not great QB. His career stats indicate as such. People are waiting for him to take the next step, whatever that may be. I don't get the hype, to be honest.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
IMO, Cam is taking a big step forward this season. Playing team ball, buying into a run-first philosophy and making great throws. He's been a project from year to year, but he's turning into a stud QB. That throw to Ginn was P.R.E.T.T.Y. Give that team a healthy WR threat other than Olsen, and they are scary.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Cam looks a lot better to me this year than he's ever looked.

The stats don't tell the story. He's doing what it takes to win, which sometimes means giving his mediocre receivers a chance to make plays. The completion percentage and efficiency rating aren't his concerns. He's just balling, and you gotta watch the games to see it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I enjoy his celebration, he's like a kid, having fun out there and keeping things light. Ever since he rolled his truck, he's taken a lot of joy in everything he does.

ANd that defense is phenomenal. It's so unfair that they got 2 elite DTs. I know, I know, I've griped about it before, but I wanted Kawaan Short so bad. Damn you John Schneider!

ivotuk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3ljoey7a said:

The stats don't tell the story. He's doing what it takes to win, which sometimes means giving his mediocre receivers a chance to make plays. The completion percentage and efficiency rating aren't his concerns. He's just balling, and you gotta watch the games to see it.

David's right on point here. Cam used to be called the "Stat Monster." He didn't win games, but he had monstrous stats. Well he's changed his game, and his team's winning because of it.

I believe that we will be playing them in the NFCCG.

ctrcat

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1af9shdm said:

DavidSeven is $$$$ as usual. Great post Sir.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ivotuk":1hf5ql0m said:
DavidSeven":1hf5ql0m said:

David's right on point here. Cam used to be called the "Stat Monster." He didn't win games, but he had monstrous stats. Well he's changed his game, and his team's winning because of it.

He's never been a top 10 QB though, and his yardage has gone down steadily each season. He's got 8 interceptions through 7 games, which puts him on pace to exceed any other year. His completion percentage is roughly the same as it has been in years past, his QB rating is down and he's on pace to equal his lowest career total for yards. He's on pace to have the 3rd highest TD total of his career. So he's forcing it and his team is dealing with the good and the bad?

So what exactly is he doing that's better, besides winning games? Because statistically he looks to be regressing.

Is it possible the team around him is the one progressing?

Edit: I like Cam, so i am genuinely interested in what you all see him doing better.

mrblitz

Reaction score
cam is a great qb. could you imagine having russ, cam, and kaep on the same roster? you could platoon them all day long.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3cxdl3p8 said:
ivotuk":3cxdl3p8 said:
DavidSeven":3cxdl3p8 said:

He's never been a top 10 QB though, and his yardage has gone down steadily each season. He's got 8 interceptions through 7 games, which puts him on pace to exceed any other year. His completion percentage is roughly the same as it has been in years past, his QB rating is down and he's on pace to equal his lowest career total for yards. He's on pace to have the 3rd highest TD total of his career. So he's forcing it and his team is dealing with the good and the bad?

So what exactly is he doing that's better, besides winning games? Because statistically he looks to be regressing.

Is it possible the team around him is the one progressing?

Edit: I like Cam, so i am genuinely interested in what you all see him doing better.

Not sure what a top 10 QB is, but this will be the 3rd out of 4 healthy years he'll be in the Pro Bowl, and only 6 QBs make the Pro Bowl.

All QBs are plagued by ints off of drops/tipped balls/etc, but Cam has certainly had more than his share. Last weeks Eagles game is exhibit A, three ints, and only one was his "fault" and it was simply an amazing play by Malcom Jenkins.

A significant number of his would be TDs also come via him running it in or bruisers Stewart or Tolbert running it in.

Stats, in this case, do NOT tell the story.