As things stand

AZ 6-2
STL 4-3
SEA 4-4
SF 2-6

The lines:
Vikings -2.5 over Rams
Falcons -7 over 49ers

Elo Says: (I think this is a very flawed system personally but okay)
Vikings 66% over Rams 33%
Falcons 51% over 49ers 48%

The Rams will travel to visit the Vikings this week. I do think St Louis is the better team, and if you look at their scoring offense and defense it's almost identical. Sure the Vikings have the better record but the Rams have played the better teams. r. Yet they are 1-3 outside the division. This is a great shot for the Rams to prove they can win outside of the division. Time will tell. (For now Im going with the Rams but may change the pick)

The 49ers will host the Falcons this week. It's been eventful for one of them to say the least. But I feel that Gabbert has to be better than Kap at this point in time. However with the trade of Vernon Davis, and how the season has progressed I don't know if the team has a lot of fight left in them. Reggie Bush was not a loss, however Hyde may be out this week as well which leaves them with Gaskins. I can't say that looks to promising. The Falcons have not beat any team soundly, and I don't feel they are a good team. However I think they win this week.

After week 9
AZ 6-2
STL 5-3
Sea 4-4
SF 2-7

RedAlice 24-7
RINGLESS 23-8
KEARLY 22-9
Hawksfansinceday1 22-9
drdiags 21-6
POPEYEJONES 21-10
Mizzou 19-9
Shadowhawk 19-12
Hasselbeck 17-14
Superman28 16-8
REX 16-11
Fade 14-13
greenblue_eye's2 13-6
b8rtm8nn 11-8
ClutchDJ 10-9
UNCLE SI 8-4
Largent80 7-4
Erebus 7-5
SF49er 6-20
Marvin49 5-5
SALISHHAWKFAN 3-5

RedAlice

Reaction score
oh hey, I'm on top still. Yay. (Eyeore tail swishes a bit).

The Rams will travel to visit the Vikings this week. I do think St Louis is the better team, and if you look at their scoring offense and defense it's almost identical. Sure the Vikings have the better record but the Rams have played the better teams. r. Yet they are 1-3 outside the division. This is a great shot for the Rams to prove they can win outside of the division. Time will tell. (For now Im going with the Rams but may change the pick)

This week, this game, this is IT.

I don't think Rams have won 3 in a row, in what? a decade? I'm not looking it up. It just has not happened.

Vikings are the second team with a winning record that the Rams will beat this year.

AP is listed as #3, Gurley is listed as #5 with three less games played. If you look at balls touched and yards accomplished: ummmmmm????? wow.

It's stupid how identical these two teams line up. However, only one will end Sunday feeling like they are a contender.

The real Horns.

----

Vikings record is because of their cupcake schedule.

Vikings haven’t beaten a team with a winning record, and they are about to start a 6 game streak of teams with winning records (except Hawks)– beginning with the Rams.

Vikes next 6: vRams, @Raiders, vPackers, @Falcons, vHawks, @Cards
They’ve beaten: Lions (twice), Chargers, Chiefs and Bears

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":1hqs5r7w said:
I don't think Rams have won 3 in a row, in what? a decade?

It does seem like its been forever but actually its been only 3 years. 2012 weeks 12-14 the Rams beat AZ (away), 49ers (in OT at home) and the Bills (away).

You're right in that this game is seriously huge for the Rams and if the Rams win convincingly the rest of the NFL will take note.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rex":28h6v9wh said:
RedAlice":28h6v9wh said:
I don't think Rams have won 3 in a row, in what? a decade?

It does seem like its been forever but actually its been only 3 years. 2012 weeks 12-14 the Rams beat AZ (away), 49ers (in OT at home) and the Bills (away).

You're right in that this game is seriously huge for the Rams and if the Rams win convincingly the rest of the NFL will take note.

nice! I love being wrong on that stat. thanks for that Rex. I was at that Niner game in STL, my first visit. I am forever in the Rams history as I was the only one standing up at the end and Fisher was mic'd up. I will PM you the link of me from nfl.com

This is the game to win. Vikings are going down, and Rams are going up. :thirishdrinkers:

ok, and: :0190l:

drdiags

Reaction score
Current record - don't care (that much).

Rams at Vikings

I want to believe in the Rams as far as being able to predict what they will do on a week-to-week basis but I am just concerned that I can. The trap for me is that I may not appreciate how good the Vikings really are. They lost to the 9ers early but they have recovered. This should be a great game based on the stakes and the impact a win does for either team as far as playoff implications. In a leap of faith, I am going to take the Rams

Rams: 5-3

Falcons at 9ers

9ers are having a tough time but I would not be surprised to see them beat the Falcons. Atlanta has been winning with smoke and mirrors. Something is not right with Ryan in my opinion. I think the 9ers defense can keep the Falcons from going off allowing Gabbert the opportunity to stick around. This game is a long-shot for me and the safe pick would be to take the Falcons. Color me crazy, I am picking the 9ers.

9ers: 3-6

RedAlice

Reaction score
drdiags":1ic58jt2 said:
Current record - don't care (that much).

Rams at Vikings

I want to believe in the Rams as far as being able to predict what they will do on a week-to-week basis but I am just concerned that I can. The trap for me is that I may not appreciate how good the Vikings really are. They lost to the 9ers early but they have recovered. This should be a great game based on the stakes and the impact a win does for either team as far as playoff implications. In a leap of faith, I am going to take the Rams

Rams: 5-3

Falcons at 9ers

9ers are having a tough time but I would not be surprised to see them beat the Falcons. Atlanta has been winning with smoke and mirrors. Something is not right with Ryan in my opinion. I think the 9ers defense can keep the Falcons from going off allowing Gabbert the opportunity to stick around. This game is a long-shot for me and the safe pick would be to take the Falcons. Color me crazy, I am picking the 9ers.

9ers: 3-6

You care!!!!

I am going to suggest to all Hawk board games for next year: publish a list of rules before any players sign up. This plan works well on many other boards, and the players get all excited and frothy and sad and happy every week.

rules. we needs them.

I sign up to provide the trophy for whomever wins Ringless game in 2016. It will be awesome. If there are stated rules to the game in advance.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RedAlice":2q4chhhl said:

I don't think Rams have won 3 in a row, in what? a decade? I'm not looking it up. It just has not happened.

Vikings are the second team with a winning record that the Rams will beat this year.

AP is listed as #3, Gurley is listed as #5 with three less games played. If you look at balls touched and yards accomplished: ummmmmm????? wow.

It's stupid how identical these two teams line up. However, only one will end Sunday feeling like they are a contender.

The real Horns.

----

Vikings haven’t beaten a team with a winning record, and they are about to start a 6 game streak of teams with winning records (except Hawks)– beginning with the Rams.

Vikings are also undefeated at home and played Denver to the last minute in Denver. Something the Packers miserably failed at. Their other loss was a game against the 49ers in which they started at ...what...9:30pm or something Vikings time since it was a super late game in which there couldnt really be prep due to new coaches, schemes and a rusty AP who hadnt played in a year.

They have won 3 division games allready. Something they have struggled with. Havent beat Chicago in 7 years at Chicago and finally did. They crushed the lions both away and at home. Stafford was sacked 7 times in the last game and in the first game they hit him so much they injured his ribs and in the last game his hand.

At home Vikings have only allowed 40 points in 3 games for a 13.3 average while scoring 73 for a 24 points per game. Rams have allowed 70 points in 3 games on the road for a 23ppg, and have scored only 44 points for a 14.6ppg

Vikings offense is honestly pretty much like the Seahawks right now. Still finding their way. That defense however is pretty dang good and allowing about the same as the Rams and Seahawks. I think Teddy is better than Foles and AP is better than Gurley if the Oline actually blocks and he isnt hit behind the los 70% of the time.

This will be a test for both teams to see how legit they are IMO. Vikings outside of that 49er game have played pretty well for the most part. That offense will determine how good they do in this game and in the upcoming games. Stefon Diggs has emerged as a threat and I am sure the Rams will try to focus on him

RedAlice

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1q590w4m said:
RedAlice":1q590w4m said:

The real Horns.

----

Vikings are also undefeated at home and played Denver to the last minute in Denver. Something the Packers miserably failed at. Their other loss was a game against the 49ers in which they started at ...what...9:30pm or something Vikings time since it was a super late game in which there couldnt really be prep due to new coaches, schemes and a rusty AP who hadnt played in a year.

They have won 3 division games allready. Something they have struggled with. Havent beat Chicago in 7 years at Chicago and finally did. They crushed the lions both away and at home. Stafford was sacked 7 times in the last game and in the first game they hit him so much they injured his ribs and in the last game his hand.

At home Vikings have only allowed 40 points in 3 games for a 13.3 average while scoring 73 for a 24 points per game. Rams have allowed 70 points in 3 games on the road for a 23ppg, and have scored only 44 points for a 14.6ppg

Vikings offense is honestly pretty much like the Seahawks right now. Still finding their way. That defense however is pretty dang good and allowing about the same as the Rams and Seahawks. I think Teddy is better than Foles and AP is better than Gurley if the Oline actually blocks and he isnt hit behind the los 70% of the time.

This will be a test for both teams to see how legit they are IMO. Vikings outside of that 49er game have played pretty well for the most part. That offense will determine how good they do in this game and in the upcoming games. Stefon Diggs has emerged as a threat and I am sure the Rams will try to focus on him

It IS THE PERFECT GAME. One team will leave a contender. One team will leave back to as they always were........this is the end of the hallway for both teams this year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Peterson runs for 250, Gurley runs for 249. Vikes by 3.

Blaine Gabbert leads the Niners on a terrific 25 yard drive. Niners lose by 30.

Cards 6-2
Rams 4-4
Seahawks 4-4
Santa Clara 2-7

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Rams win
Niners lose

Rams defense will stifle the Vikings of whom has played good team this year. Vikings defense is overrated.

RedAlice

Reaction score
SuperMan28":2wwsyl58 said:
Rams win
Niners lose

Rams defense will stifle the Vikings of whom has played good team this year. Vikings defense is overrated.

Can you explain: of whom has played good team this year.

Please?

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
St. Louis - L
Minn. Vikings - W (have to admit that I was on the fence about this game, but the Vikings are at home, & should win)
Atlanta Falcons - W
SF/SC 49ers - L

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I think we're the better team, but the Vikings have made a lot of clutch plays this year, and they're at home...

Vikings win

Falcons win

Hope I'm wrong on both counts.

But, I think this game means a whole lot more for the Vikings than it does the Rams. If we win, the Vikings playoff chances basically go down the tube - but even if they win, they will be an underdog in their next 5 games after this. I cannot imagine them beating the Raiders in Oakland, Hawks or Cardinals, or the Pack....and at Atlanta will be a tough game.

For us, we play the Bengals, Seahawks and Cardinals - everyone else left on our schedule has a pretty bad record