Kaepernick is the third 49ers scapegoat - so who’s next?

Jville

Reaction score
Jim Tomsula
A speculative but entertaining list >>>> [urltargetblank]http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2015/11/04/kaepernick-is-49ers-third-scapegoat-to-go-down-so-whos-next-in-order-probably-chryst-logan-tomsula-mangini-many-scouts-then-maybe-trent-baalke/[/urltargetblank]

Laloosh

Reaction score
If they keep anyone from that staff, please let it be JimTom.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Baalke should have been the one and only scapegoat fired long ago.

Why York decided to turn his organization completely upside down, shake out all the successful parts, yet keep Baalke is a head scratcher.

Yes Harbaugh burns as hot as the sun and rubs everyone within a five mile radius the wrong way. So what, he wins. He.Just. Wins. Players play their ass off for him, and he wins.

In business, that's all that matters. Results.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
^^

Agreed. A good owner would have kept Harbaugh over Baalke. It's so hard to find good head coaches in this league (So many old & new HC's getting fired) compared to GM's plus Baalke was overrated until recently when people started to notice the 49ers' team being so dysfunctional. Jim Harbaugh on the other hand is a GREAT enough coach to ignore his personality issues.

Just win baby!

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":bebdbeot said:
^^

Agreed. A good owner would have kept Harbaugh over Baalke. It's so hard to find good head coaches in this league (So many old & new HC's getting fired) compared to GM's plus Baalke was overrated until recently when people started to notice the 49ers' team being so dysfunctional. Jim Harbaugh on the other hand is a GREAT enough coach to ignore his personality issues.

Just win baby!

Any head coach that could turn Alex Smith and Kaep into serviceable QBs was worth his weight in khaki pants, that is for sure.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2qdfw5k9 said:
^^

Just win baby!

LOL :D

Just funny to me that you used the terms "Good Owner" and "Just Win Baby" in the same post. :D

Al was great in the 70's, but he certainly wasn't great for a few decades at the end there. The Coaches? Yikes.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2jf8c05j said:
SeahawksFanForever":2jf8c05j said:
^^

Just win baby!

Any head coach that could turn Alex Smith and Kaep into serviceable QBs was worth his weight in khaki pants, that is for sure.

You left out Andrew Luck who might just be his best Qudini act of all.

How much hype is Luck getting if not for Jimmy's system?

The man is definitely the QB whisperer. You have to give him credit for that.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RichNhansom":35pmi6rc said:
Trenchbroom":35pmi6rc said:
SeahawksFanForever":35pmi6rc said:
^^

Just win baby!

You left out Andrew Luck who might just be his best Qudini act of all.

How much hype is Luck getting if not for Jimmy's system?

The man is definitely the QB whisperer. You have to give him credit for that.

Could someone please explain how Harbaugh is a QB whisperer? I still don't see it. Alex has had better stats in every season in KC than he ever had in San Francisco. The team around him in San Francisco was a much better team too.

Kaepernick was blessed with a good team around him too, and he has never been very good. Kaepernick has always been carried by the team around him and has failed to progress or has gotten worse every year.

I don't pay attention to college, but I know Harbaugh sat Luck for a year before starting him in college and then Luck had better stats after Harbaugh left. I also know that the college team that he coached in San Diego plays in a conference nobody has heard of against defenses that are closer to high school defenses than they are to division one defenses.

I see zero evidence of a QB whisperer in Harbaugh's coaching, but I do see a really good motivational coach that gets entire TEAMS to play well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rideaducati":fhs089n1 said:
I see zero evidence of a QB whisperer in Harbaugh's coaching, but I do see a really good motivational coach that gets entire TEAMS to play well.

Smith's best year was his first year in KC, right after coming from SF. Add in coaching both Luck and Kaepernick who have regressed since not being around Harbaugh, and it's not a stretch to say he's a good QB coach.

So yeah, I wouldn't call him a "QB Whisperer" by any means........but he's always had productive, and more importantly disciplined QB's.

rlkats

Reaction score
I think Harbaugh is a good coach but in NO WAY a qb guru. Harbaughs downfall was Kap.

Back in the day it was said that Vick was a coach killer. I think Kap is the same thing. Dynamic arm, agility, strength just does not have the rest if the pedigree needed to be a long term qb. People are and were blinded by his arm and legs but did not look at his football IQ.

irocdave

Reaction score
It pains me to say it, and it will never happen because he wouldn't do it unless the owner stepped aside, but the answer to the niner problem is a no brainer. The Big Show, he has publicly said he would be interested. If JY handed the reigns over to MH he would take that coaching job job in a heart beat, but it would have to be a similar deal to what PC has in Seattle. Yea, there will be a GM, but MH gets to hire him and can override his decisions on personnel, along with no owner input. MH would walk tall in to that mess and you would dam sure know who was in charge and who was responsible for the decisions, so would the players.

It wont happen though. Thankfully, would suck to see MH put together a juggernaut offense in SC.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ball boys are a popular target these days........................

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Weird use of the word 'scapegoat', unless you think Kaepernick has been playing really well.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3apc902l said:
Weird use of the word 'scapegoat', unless you think Kaepernick has been playing really well.

[youtube]z5rRZdiu1UE[/youtube]

Babsmack

Reaction score
rlkats":2egfbf2p said:
I think Harbaugh is a good coach but in NO WAY a qb guru. Harbaughs downfall was Kap.

Back in the day it was said that Vick was a coach killer. I think Kap is the same thing. Dynamic arm, agility, strength just does not have the rest if the pedigree needed to be a long term qb. People are and were blinded by his arm and legs but did not look at his football IQ.

yep

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1rixa85l said:

They'll need a goat herder to get rid of all the goats that need to be gone.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3hqc6qwp said:

Weird thing is that Kap's stats are almost identical to Cam Newtons.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
rideaducati":3f2abofb said:
Popeyejones":3f2abofb said:

They'll need a goat herder to get rid of all the goats that need to be gone.

I heard their new mascot is a Border Collie.