Week 10 Rams Opening Act for NFC West Showdown

ringless

Reaction score
Please make sure all picks are in before 1PM Est or picks will not count. It gets to difficult with late changes etc. Thank you

As things stand after 9

AZ 6-2
STL 4-4
SEA 4-4
SF 3-6

The Lines-
SF Vs By. Sf is sure to gain half a game on someone.
STL -7.5 over Chicago
Sea -3 Over AZ (Pickem)

DVOA
Team: Overall Offense Defense
Arizona 2nd 3rd 3rd
Seattle 9th 15th 7th
STL 14th 28th 5th
SF 32nd 32nd 30th

SF: Bye

The Rams will host the Bears this week to try to hold serve, and ultimately have a realistic shot at the playoffs. The Bears at home are likely the medicine they need to get back on track. It's pretty straightforward. Gurley against a horrible defense, and a horrible offense against a top 5 defense. This might be a chance for Foles to attempt a pass who surprisingly hasn't attempted many this year. Rams by 10. Shortly after the board will be flooded with :0190l: :0190l: :179422: :179422:

Arizona will travel to Seattle. The more I see the more I get excited. Had this as a sure loss at the beginning of the year but now I feel it's a toss up. Seattle is one of the worst offenses in the league in regards to the Red Zone and through the air. However they still feature a deadly running game. Overall the offense is not anything close to what it's resembled the last few years.

‏@Softykjr 2h2 hours ago
Hawks were SEVENTH in RZ trips per game in 2014 at 3.7. Currently 32nd at 2.1 per game

‏@Softykjr 2h2 hours ago
#'s dont lie: Hawks are HORRIFIC in red zone: #32 in RZ TD% at 29.41%, #32 in RZ visits per game at 2.1 and #32 in RZ TD's per game at 0.6

However AZ has not been able to get to the QB this year. We are tied for 27th in the league with only 13. I've refused to believe that the defense is great because I don't feel TO's are something you can rely on every week. We have the best rated DB's in the league according to PFF and lead the league in interceptions but that wont matter if Seattle runs the ball. Getting Okafor back will help, but who's going to have the speed to contain Wilson and Lynch? Not Minter, Not Woodley, and not Freeney. But somehow we have 47 TFL and lead the league in Negative yardage plays. I am missing something here. I think Seattle could have one of it's better days on offense. Especially if it's raining. At least between the 20's

On offense AZ may have the most well balance unit in the NFL. Larry Fitzgerald is having the best year of his career. Even better than the Super Bowl run in 08. Chris Johnson is the 3rd leading rush in the NFL. Arizona has scored more TD's than any team in the league and move the ball well. Even in their losses. Carson Palmer has the highest QBR in the league, and the line has only allowed 11 sacks through 8 games. John Brown, and Michael Floyd are able to create a lot of space. Do you put 8 in the box and let them run free? Or do you try to make Johnson beat you?

HOWEVER
Look what a great Denver Defense did to a good Packers offense. Same story with the Super Bowl between Denver and Seattle. Most of the times a good defense will beat a good offense. Palmer has also shown that he can certainly throw a lot of picks under pressure. I think one key to watch is if Lane will be playing or not. Bruce Irvin despite his penalties is a having a monster year. The defense has clearly been different since Kam came back, and have only allowed 3 passes of 20 or more yards since then while allowing 11 the first 3 games. Teams aren't even getting to 18PPG game on this defense. It's a slight drop off from last year however they are clearly improving week to week.

Special teams I clearly have to give Seattle the advantage. Our Punter is quite possibly the worst in the league. I will literally be having a heart attack on anything kicked to Lockett. We don't have that same threat. Not to mention Haush has been $ this year. While Catanzaro has missed half his kicks past 43 and multiple PAT's

Arizona finally wins this because they are at this time a more balanced team. 20-17, at the last minute.

Disclaimer: Neither team has beaten good teams. Neither team has proven anything yet in regards to that.

After week 10

Cardinals 7-2 (2-1 Div)
Rams 5-4 (3-0 DIV)
Seahawks 4-5 (1-2 DIV)
49ers 3-6

RedAlice 24-9
RINGLESS 23-10
drdiags 22-7
KEARLY 22-11
Hawksfansinceday1 22-11
POPEYEJONES 21-10
Mizzou 19-9
Shadowhawk 19-12
Hasselbeck 18-15
Superman28 16-10
REX 17-12
greenblue_eye's2 14-7
Fade 14-13
b8rtm8nn 11-10
ClutchDJ 10-9
UNCLE SI 8-4
Largent80 8-5
Erebus XXXXXX
SF49er XXXXXX
Marvin49 XXXXXX
SALISHHAWKFAN XXXXXX

Rex

Reaction score
:0190l: :0190l: :0190l:
Rams win.
Seahawks win.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I dont see a cards win.... just dont... I have been less then impressed with them and the hawks... I still see seattle as the better team, especially at home.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Rams win
Cards win

Not a good time for any team to be traveling to STL. Rams coming off a highly emotional loss and labeled "dirty" across the league. That's sure to set a fire in this team and encourage them to hit harder. Gonna set the tone for tone for the rest of this season, defensively. I'd say Welker may get a few snaps just to break the rust off. Why not?

I got the Cards over Seattle mainly for their offense. Both teams boast really good defenses, regardless of some glaring stats on SEA's stat sheet. Ultimately I just think ARZ's offense has more tools to handle SEA defense. They have the best OL in the division and WR's. I don't see SEA over coming Palmer and Cambell even in their own house. If this game was in ARZ, I'd expect nothing less than a two score win.

I'd prefer SEA to win this game because I like the how the Rams match up with them better. Gonna be really hard to catch the Cardinals. That game in STL will be pivotal to how this division plays out. This is assuming the Rams are still a couple games out, or less, when they play ARZ again.

Gonna be a great game, though. Good luck to both teams.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ringless":2zhfzok2 said:
As things stand after 9

AZ 6-2
STL 4-4
SEA 4-4
SF 3-6

The Lines-
STL -7.5 over Chicago
Sea -3 Over AZ (Pickem)

DVOA
Arizona 2nd 3rd 3rd
Seattle 9th 15th 7th
STL 14th 28th 5th
SF 32nd 32nd 30th

The Rams will host the Bears this week to try to hold serve, and ultimately have a realistic shot at the playoffs. The Bears at home are likely the medicine they need to get back on track. It's pretty straightforward. Gurley against a horrible defense, and a horrible offense against a top 5 defense. This might be a chance for Foles to attempt a pass who surprisingly hasn't attempted many this year. Rams by 10. Shortly after the board will be flooded with :0190l: :0190l: :179422: :179422:

Arizona will travel to Seattle. The more I see the more I get excited. Had this as a sure loss at the beginning of the year but now I feel it's a toss up. Seattle is one of the worst offenses in the league in regards to the Red Zone and through the air. However they still feature a deadly running game. Overall the offense is not anything close to what it's resembled the last few years.

‏@Softykjr 2h2 hours ago
Hawks were SEVENTH in RZ trips per game in 2014 at 3.7. Currently 32nd at 2.1 per game

‏@Softykjr 2h2 hours ago
#'s dont lie: Hawks are HORRIFIC in red zone: #32 in RZ TD% at 29.41%, #32 in RZ visits per game at 2.1 and #32 in RZ TD's per game at 0.6

However AZ has not been able to get to the QB this year. We are tied for 27th in the league with only 13. I've refused to believe that the defense is great because I don't feel TO's are something you can rely on every week. We have the best rated DB's in the league according to PFF and lead the league in interceptions but that wont matter if Seattle runs the ball. Getting Okafor back will help, but who's going to have the speed to contain Wilson and Lynch? Not Minter, Not Woodley, and not Freeney. But somehow we have 47 TFL and lead the league in Negative yardage plays. I am missing something here. I think Seattle could have one of it's better days on offense. Especially if it's raining. At least between the 20's

On offense AZ may have the most well balance unit in the NFL. Larry Fitzgerald is having the best year of his career. Even better than the Super Bowl run in 08. Chris Johnson is the 3rd leading rush in the NFL. Arizona has scored more TD's than any team in the league and move the ball well. Even in their losses. Carson Palmer has the highest QBR in the league, and the line has only allowed 11 sacks through 8 games. John Brown, and Michael Floyd are able to create a lot of space. Do you put 8 in the box and let them run free? Or do you try to make Johnson beat you?

HOWEVER
Look what a great Denver Defense did to a good Packers offense. Same story with the Super Bowl between Denver and Seattle. Most of the times a good defense will beat a good offense. Palmer has also shown that he can certainly throw a lot of picks under pressure. I think one key to watch is if Lane will be playing or not. Bruce Irvin despite his penalties is a having a monster year. The defense has clearly been different since Kam came back, and have only allowed 3 passes of 20 or more yards since then while allowing 11 the first 3 games. Teams aren't even getting to 18PPG game on this defense. It's a slight drop off from last year however they are clearly improving week to week.

Special teams I clearly have to give Seattle the advantage. Our Punter is quite possibly the worst in the league. I will literally be having a heart attack on anything kicked to Lockett. We don't have that same threat. Not to mention Haush has been $ this year. While Catanzaro has missed half his kicks past 43 and multiple PAT's

Arizona finally wins this because they are at this time a more balanced team. 20-17, at the last minute.

Disclaimer: Neither team has beaten good teams. Neither team has proven anything yet in regards to that.

After week 10

Cardinals 7-2 (2-1 Div)
Rams 5-4 (3-0 DIV)
Seahawks 4-5 (1-2 DIV)
49ers 3-6

RedAlice 24-9
RINGLESS 23-10
drdiags 22-7
KEARLY 22-11
Hawksfansinceday1 22-11
POPEYEJONES 21-10
Mizzou 19-9
Shadowhawk 19-12
Hasselbeck 18-15
Superman28 16-10
REX 17-12
greenblue_eye's2 14-7
Fade 14-13
b8rtm8nn 11-10
ClutchDJ 10-9
UNCLE SI 8-4
Largent80 8-5
Erebus XXXXXX
SF49er XXXXXX
Marvin49 XXXXXX
SALISHHAWKFAN XXXXXX

Good Analysis.

I don't know if I'd trust those red zone stats as a reliable indicator moving forward...thats quite a random, dramatic drop from last year without much in the way of personnel change.

I would imagine those numbers will get healthier with the back half of our schedule, team gelling with JG, etc. but we'll see.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1hfo7bkr said:
ringless":1hfo7bkr said:
As things stand after 9

AZ 6-2
STL 4-4
SEA 4-4
SF 3-6

The Lines-
STL -7.5 over Chicago
Sea -3 Over AZ (Pickem)

DVOA
Arizona 2nd 3rd 3rd
Seattle 9th 15th 7th
STL 14th 28th 5th
SF 32nd 32nd 30th

‏@Softykjr 2h2 hours ago

‏@Softykjr 2h2 hours ago

HOWEVER

After week 10

Cardinals 7-2 (2-1 Div)
Rams 5-4 (3-0 DIV)
Seahawks 4-5 (1-2 DIV)
49ers 3-6

RedAlice 24-9
RINGLESS 23-10
drdiags 22-7
KEARLY 22-11
Hawksfansinceday1 22-11
POPEYEJONES 21-10
Mizzou 19-9
Shadowhawk 19-12
Hasselbeck 18-15
Superman28 16-10
REX 17-12
greenblue_eye's2 14-7
Fade 14-13
b8rtm8nn 11-10
ClutchDJ 10-9
UNCLE SI 8-4
Largent80 8-5
Erebus XXXXXX
SF49er XXXXXX
Marvin49 XXXXXX
SALISHHAWKFAN XXXXXX

Good Analysis.

I don't know if I'd trust those red zone stats as a reliable indicator moving forward...thats quite a random, dramatic drop from last year without much in the way of personnel change.

I would imagine those numbers will get healthier with the back half of our schedule, team gelling with JG, etc. but we'll see.

Except a Center, a Guard and a Tackle on the O line. Might have a bit to do with it oh and that Graham kid we don't use down there.

drdiags

Reaction score
Cards (6-2) at Seahawks (4-4) - If I wasn't emotionally invested in the Seahawks I might pick the Cards. They are one of 3 teams that have beaten the Seahawks at home since Wilson has been the starter (Cards, Boys and Panthers. Though Packers and Lions fans are probably howling at their screens right now). Home field barely made a difference so far this year. With all that said, picking the Seahawks.

Cards: 6-3
Seattle: 5-4

Bears (3-5) at Rams (4-4) - I cannot seem to figure out the Rams. I am picking the Bears. Pretty sure the Rams will do opposite of what I choose, so Rams fans should take this as in the bag for them.

Rams: 4-5

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Niners struggle badly with Bye but somehow manage not to lose.

Rams roll:

St. Louis 27
Da Bears 13

Hawks win a very close one:

Hawks 17
Cards 16

Hawkpower

Reaction score
chris98251":3i04cvsv said:
Hawkpower":3i04cvsv said:
ringless":3i04cvsv said:
As things stand after 9

AZ 6-2
STL 4-4
SEA 4-4
SF 3-6

The Lines-
STL -7.5 over Chicago
Sea -3 Over AZ (Pickem)

DVOA
Arizona 2nd 3rd 3rd
Seattle 9th 15th 7th
STL 14th 28th 5th
SF 32nd 32nd 30th

‏@Softykjr 2h2 hours ago

‏@Softykjr 2h2 hours ago

HOWEVER

After week 10

Cardinals 7-2 (2-1 Div)
Rams 5-4 (3-0 DIV)
Seahawks 4-5 (1-2 DIV)
49ers 3-6

RedAlice 24-9
RINGLESS 23-10
drdiags 22-7
KEARLY 22-11
Hawksfansinceday1 22-11
POPEYEJONES 21-10
Mizzou 19-9
Shadowhawk 19-12
Hasselbeck 18-15
Superman28 16-10
REX 17-12
greenblue_eye's2 14-7
Fade 14-13
b8rtm8nn 11-10
ClutchDJ 10-9
UNCLE SI 8-4
Largent80 8-5
Erebus XXXXXX
SF49er XXXXXX
Marvin49 XXXXXX
SALISHHAWKFAN XXXXXX

Good Analysis.

Except a Center, a Guard and a Tackle on the O line. Might have a bit to do with it oh and that Graham kid we don't use down there.

You think an oft injured Unger and James Carpenter!!! are the reasons that we went from 7th to 32nd in red zone awesomeness?

LOL.

Seahawks have struggled in that department, but the Cards fans (especially the radio guys down here) who are rubbing their hands with glee citing that stat as a key reason why the Cards win may be in for a surprise. The hawks can and likely will operate down there just fine. The history and the personnel dictate this.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I know you mention Lane as the potential difference maker, but Paul Richardson could be all the difference in this game if used right. Break out the tape from our game in Pheonix last season, he was breaking ankles all over the place. Let's hope Pete's right and he really is as good as ever.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1c6r1pvm said:
I know you mention Lane as the potential difference maker, but Paul Richardson could be all the difference in this game if used right. Break out the tape from our game in Pheonix last season, he was breaking ankles all over the place. Let's hope Pete's right and he really is as good as ever.

For me it's really hard to compare anything from last year to this. Last year on defense we had 4LB's out. Our starting DT, and using our 4th QB of the year. Also our fourth rb of the year. We had 32 million on IR at that point. It was a very incomplete team. In saying that chances are we have more possession that last year which means more opportunity.

This year we are healthy and featuring the best DB's in the league so I feel containment there will be a little easier. I don't think we will be any better at containing Wilson but who knows.

That team was also lacking confidence as well after all that had taken place and how the season started to slide. I think they are also healthier mentally from that stand point. IMO that's why last year can't be compared to this when all that is taken into consideration. One would be harder pressed to find similarities than differences.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Rams win

Cardinals win

The Bears have actually looked like a decent football team when they haven't played the NFC West. Unfortunately, they're playing an NFC West team this week...

I think the Cardinals win Sunday night...and the game isn't close. It's no secret Arizona has struggled with Seattle in the past few years....I think they dump all of their frustration out on Seattle and win the game by 2 TDs.

I realize that sounds crazy because Seattle doesn't lose at home in primetime, and hasn't been blown out at home in what seems like 100 years. But I think this is the week that it all happens.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Completely forgot to make my NFC West picks last week! Oh well, I had Vikings over Rams but picked Falcons over Niners so I wouldn't have made up any ground anyway.

Chicago at St. Louis: The Bears in general and Jay Cutler in particular have been surprising me of late. Cutler may have a future in the Windy City after all. However, the woeful Chicago defense has no future against Todd Gurley. Rams 28, Bears 20

Arizona at Seattle: The Seahawks are relatively healthy, have three straight at home, and were smart enough to start Patrick Lewis over Drew Nowak at center this week. The Cardinals have feasted on a relatively easy slate of opponents to start the year and now face the tougher half of their schedule. The Seahawks never seem to figure out a way to do things easily, but will pick up the win in a game that will have 12s biting their nails down to the quick. Seahawks 20, Cardinals 17.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
RedAlice 26-10
RINGLESS 25-11
drdiags 23-9
KEARLY 22-14
Hawksfansinceday1 22-14
POPEYEJONES 21-10
Mizzou 19-9
Shadowhawk 19-15
Hasselbeck 18-15
Superman28 18-11
REX 17-15
greenblue_eye's2 14-10
Fade 14-13
b8rtm8nn 11-10
ClutchDJ 10-9
UNCLE SI 8-4
Largent80 8-5
Erebus XXXXXX
SF49er XXXXXX
Marvin49 XXXXXX
SALISHHAWKFAN XXXXXX

RedAlice

Reaction score
ringless":1bf2fg25 said:
RedAlice 26-10
RINGLESS 25-11
drdiags 23-9
KEARLY 22-14
Hawksfansinceday1 22-14
POPEYEJONES 21-10
Mizzou 19-9
Shadowhawk 19-15
Hasselbeck 18-15
Superman28 18-11
REX 17-15
greenblue_eye's2 14-10
Fade 14-13
b8rtm8nn 11-10
ClutchDJ 10-9
UNCLE SI 8-4
Largent80 8-5
Erebus XXXXXX
SF49er XXXXXX
Marvin49 XXXXXX
SALISHHAWKFAN XXXXXX

I forgot which week you mocked me for my: yay. But this now deserves a: Yay!!

Thanks for organizing this game Ringless.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
RedAlice":et7bjbgv said:
ringless":et7bjbgv said:
RedAlice 26-10
RINGLESS 25-11
drdiags 23-9
KEARLY 22-14
Hawksfansinceday1 22-14
POPEYEJONES 21-10
Mizzou 19-9
Shadowhawk 19-15
Hasselbeck 18-15
Superman28 18-11
REX 17-15
greenblue_eye's2 14-10
Fade 14-13
b8rtm8nn 11-10
ClutchDJ 10-9
UNCLE SI 8-4
Largent80 8-5
Erebus XXXXXX
SF49er XXXXXX
Marvin49 XXXXXX
SALISHHAWKFAN XXXXXX

I forgot which week you mocked me for my: yay. But this now deserves a: Yay!!

Thanks for organizing this game Ringless.
M
You certainly deserve it lol

Don't know if you saw Pat Kirwans stats on picking games this year but it's like 30-60 lol. But you are killing the west this year.