Don't like Cam's dancing?

mrt144

Reaction score
You're a fun hating, self congratulatory scold, maybe a not-so-good parent:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinio ... 63665.html
Dear Mr. Newton,

Congratulations on your win in Nashville today. Our team played well, but yours played better. Kudos to the Panthers organization.

That game happened to be my nine year old daughter’s first live NFL experience. She was surprised to see so many Panthers’ fans sitting in our section of the stadium; that doesn’t happen much at fourth grade football games. And she was excited we were near the end zone, so we would be close to the “action,” particularly in the second half.

Because of where we sat, we had a close up view of your conduct in the fourth quarter. The chest puffs. The pelvic thrusts. The arrogant struts and the ‘in your face’ taunting of both the Titans’ players and fans. We saw it all.

I refuse to believe you don’t realize you are a role model. You are paid millions of dollars every week to play hard and be a leader. In the off season you’re expected to make appearances, support charities, and inspire young kids to pursue your sport and all sports. With everything the NFL has gone through in recent years, I’m confident they have advised that you are, by virtue of your position and career choice, a role model.

And because you are a role model, your behavior brought out like behavior in the stands. Some of the Panthers fans in our section began taunting the hometown fans. Many Titans fans booed you, a few offering instructive, but not necessarily family friendly, suggestions as to how you might change your behavior.

My daughter sensed the change immediately – and started asking questions. Won’t he get in trouble for doing that? Is he trying to make people mad? Do you think he knows he looks like a spoiled brat?

I didn’t have great answers for her, and honestly, in an effort to minimize your negative impact and what was otherwise a really fun day, I redirected her attention to the cheerleaders and mascot.

I could tell she was still thinking about it as we boarded a shuttle back to our car. “I guess he doesn’t have kids or a Mom at home watching the game,” she added.

I don’t know about your family life Mr. Newton, but I think I’m safe in saying thousands of kids watch you every week. You have amazing talent and an incredible platform to be a role model for them. Unfortunately, what you modeled for them today was egotism, arrogance and poor sportsmanship.

Is that what your coaches and mentors modeled for you, Mr. Newton?

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Your post is ridiculous.

Cam is a douche on the field. There can't be any denying that. The dude does like 3-4 dances every god damn time.
Although if they don't want to see it then stop him.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":1eghme57 said:
Your post is ridiculous. Saying a fourth grader fell in love with his gyrating hips. Wtf is wrong with you??

Cam is a douche on the field. There can't be any denying that. The dude does like 3-4 dances every god damn time.

Your assumptions of parenting and falling in love are misguided. Jokes or not.

Are you the letter writer, you sound absolutely unhinged.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
On the article:

The parent is only reflective of a much larger issue created by the NFL.

Players and to a degree fans are not allowed to have fun. I saw some comments about Cam acting "professional" and to "grow up." I'm lost here. Its a game. One played for fun. And while maybe he was a bit antagonistic in the end, that's because the NFL has taken alot of the fun out of the game.

you see this spill out in basic crowd issues as well. People can't celebrate without drawing the ire of other fans. Its kind of dumb. Mommy dearest here, who for some reason can't see the irony in directing her child to look away from Cam and to the exploited and grossly underpaid cheerleaders is not alone, sadly.

marko358

Reaction score
Uncle Si":7k43gq33 said:
On the article:

Players and to a degree fans are not allowed to have fun. I saw some comments about Cam acting "professional" and to "grow up." I'm lost here. Its a game. And while maybe he was a bit antagonistic in the end, that's because the NFL has taken alot of the fun out of the game.

you see this spill out in basic crown issues as well. People can't celebrate without drawing the ire of other fans. Its kind of dumb. Mommy dearest here, who for some reason can't see the irony in directing her child to look away from Cam and to the exploited and grossly underpaid cheerleaders is not alone, sadly.

Bravo :229031_thewave:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1aw9arys said:
On the article:

Players and to a degree fans are not allowed to have fun. I saw some comments about Cam acting "professional" and to "grow up." I'm lost here. Its a game. One played for fun. And while maybe he was a bit antagonistic in the end, that's because the NFL has taken alot of the fun out of the game.

you see this spill out in basic crowd issues as well. People can't celebrate without drawing the ire of other fans. Its kind of dumb. Mommy dearest here, who for some reason can't see the irony in directing her child to look away from Cam and to the exploited and grossly underpaid cheerleaders is not alone, sadly.

Good post.

But I still hate how often he celebrates. If it was only after TDs or really big plays....but it seems like he does it after every single first down. Annoys me.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I absolutely NEVER see articles about; Erin Rodgers, Gronk, Tom Brady screaming at the top of his lungs At the refs AND his teammates over dropped 3 yard passes, and MANY other 'Role Models' and the way they celebrate. NEVER. Add JJ Watt to the list as well.
To the parent, you took your 9 year old Daughter to a 'Professional' sporting event where the athletes repeatedly hit each other with near crippling effects, and a majority of the players just reached the legal drinking age. Take care of YOUR HOME and everything shall be fine.
I bet the presidential debates are played in 7.1 surround sound on 65" 4K 'televisions' though, with hot wings and Tequila shots on deck.
Can't stand whiney assholes. At least be consistent. The writer of the article needs to go have SEVERAL seats. God humans annoy me! :roll: :evil:

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Ramfan128":3p5osyxw said:
Uncle Si":3p5osyxw said:
On the article:

Good post.

But I still hate how often he celebrates. If it was only after TDs or really big plays....but it seems like he does it after every single first down. Annoys me.

Being 'annoyed' is your right as a human, even being 'turn beet red angry'. The minute you decide to pen a letter about it makes you an utter vaginal cleanser though, especially if you cheer during fights at hockey matches or the like. And PLEASE don't tell me you're an ADULT 'FAN' of wrestling :141847_bnono:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1twz9a5m said:
Uncle Si":1twz9a5m said:
On the article:

Good post.

He does. Even after first downs that get called back for a penalty. He looks especially stupid when that happens.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Love Cam's dancing, Love Drew Stanton's dancing.

Ultimately, playing sports is supposed to be enjoyable, glad to see that he seems to enjoy himself and appreciate the position he has.

Great guy in the NC community and has a very likeable zest for life to him.

As for the silly lady that wrote the letter, cut from the same pearl clutching cloth as those whiners from the bay area who complained about crowed noise in Seattle. Parents who look to athletes to be role models and to pro sports for morals are crappy parents.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I think he is a complete douche bag. Go out and play the game with some class. You might have won a National Championship in college but win in the NFL before you deem yourself superman. I hate people who try to make the NFL the WWE. Spike the damn ball like the old players did.......and yes I would be pissed if Wilson acted like that after a TD and I was when Baldwin put on his little show in the Super Bowl. Anyone who doesn't think he is trying to get under peoples skin with his actions are really not dealing in reality. He is finally having a break out year but is choosing to be a jack ass!

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Newtons dance was no where near as bad as whatever you'd call Palmers move. Plus Palmer is like 10 years older

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1qnqw989 said:
I absolutely NEVER see articles about; Erin Rodgers, Gronk, Tom Brady screaming at the top of his lungs At the refs AND his teammates over dropped 3 yard passes, and MANY other 'Role Models' and the way they celebrate. NEVER. Add JJ Watt to the list as well.
To the parent, you took your 9 year old Daughter to a 'Professional' sporting event where the athletes repeatedly hit each other with near crippling effects, and a majority of the players just reached the legal drinking age. Take care of YOUR HOME and everything shall be fine.
I bet the presidential debates are played in 7.1 surround sound on 65" 4K 'televisions' though, with hot wings and Tequila shots on deck.
Can't stand whiney assholes. At least be consistent. The writer of the article needs to go have SEVERAL seats. God humans annoy me! :roll: :evil:

"Never see anyone being mad about "A" behavior, why are you now mad about "B" behavior...."

Are you really trying to make this a race issue? Get Out. As I said above the Palmer thing was way worse. Being passionate about the game like Brady is not the same as showboating and making a fool of yourself with 30 second dances. I also think QBs should be held to a higher standard regardless of race.

This reminds me of a post on Deadspin "Old White Men Can't Stand Cam Newton"

It has nothing to do with race, if you are a franchise Quarterback you should be held to a different standard, to give someone a pass for asshole behavior because of their skin color is... whats the word? oh right racist.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I'm not giving him a pass. I just don't care.

So funny how people get riled up about adults acting like kids playing a game that was invented to have fun. Actually, it's sort of sad. Also how seriously they take themselves when talking about it.

NFLFan45

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":40t9am83 said:
Your post is ridiculous.

The guy in your avatar isn't a douche on the field?

The irony of any Seahawks fans complaining about the behavior of other players on the field is downright hilarious.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Might not be fair... but imo QB's should hold themselves to a higher standard. QB's shouldnt dance. Act like you did your job like you were supposed to do your job and go back to the huddle.

I would love to like Cam, cuz I love the way he plays. But he makes it impossible for me.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
peppersjap":1r8e3g90 said:
I think he is a complete douche bag. Go out and play the game with some class.

Your threshold for douchey and classy are seriously off. Save your ire for people who actually commit crimes.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2wecm4j9 said:
Might not be fair... but imo QB's should hold themselves to a higher standard. QB's shouldnt dance. Act like you did your job like you were supposed to do your job and go back to the huddle.

I would love to like Cam, cuz I love the way he plays. But he makes it impossible for me.

Soulless, spiritless, emotionless automatons who play football solely for our entertainment.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
mrt144":2w5t3kb4 said:
JSeahawks":2w5t3kb4 said:

Soulless, spiritless, emotionless automatons who play football solely for our entertainment.

Incorrect. Passion is encouraged. Spontanious celebration is awesome. Choreographed dance moves practiced in front of a mirror are lame and not entertaining.