Aldon Smith Suspended 1 year

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/666738967673307137[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/666738875805466624[/tweet]

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Thought it was substance abuse. Hmm...

He'll be lucky to sign for the vet minimum after this suspension.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Reports say he was "surprised" it was a year, LOL. Now you know why I refer to him as Aldumb!

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Raiders say they're going to stick with him. Said they knew it might happen.

We'll see. :16:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/666742923787149312[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
'bout time.

I was surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Raiders can say they'll "stand by him" all they want...bottom line is he'll be an Unrestricted FA after the year will 9 games left to serve on his suspension (assuming it doesn't get shortened somehow).

Laloosh

Reaction score
The irony of Niner fans saying "bout time" regarding an Aldon Smith suspension...

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":cb7064nv said:
The irony of Niner fans saying "bout time" regarding an Aldon Smith suspension...

Not sure what that means. Dude voluntarily left the team for 5 games right after his incident with the tree and served a 9 game suspension to start the following year.

I said "bout time" because I was expecting this suspension to get handed down a month ago.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":225bp7ur said:
Laloosh":225bp7ur said:

Not sure what that means. Dude voluntarily left the team for 5 games right after his incident with the tree and served a 9 game suspension to start the following year.

I said "bout time" because I was expecting this suspension to get handed down a month ago.

Nah, you said 'bout time because it's been killing you that Oakland has had the pleasure of his services since his signing (and he balled out). Admit it Marv, it's been killing you.

rlkats

Reaction score
Who really cares. He deserves a longer punishment.

But as long as a class act like Hardy is still playing and Aldumb gets a year who cares anymore. The league and Goddell are a joke. They both should be booted from the league

Laloosh

Reaction score
rlkats":36ekvpom said:
Who really cares. He deserves a longer punishment.

But as long as a class act like Hardy is still playing and Aldumb gets a year who cares anymore. The league and Goddell are a joke. They both should be booted from the league

Don't throw rocks in the pond when I have a fish on, rlkats. C'mon, man!

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":16r3ljax said:
Marvin49":16r3ljax said:
Laloosh":16r3ljax said:

Nah, you said 'bout time because it's been killing you that Oakland has had the pleasure of his services since his signing (and he balled out). Admit it Marv, it's been killing you.

Does it bug me? Absolutely.

Is that why I said 'bout time? Nope.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Is he really a FA next year?Jerruh will give him a 5th chance and pair him with Hardy.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Laloosh":lx5rqri4 said:
Marvin49":lx5rqri4 said:
Laloosh":lx5rqri4 said:

He balled out at Oakland? Srsly?

I don't think he played poorly but the guy keeps getting chances because to start his career he had 35 sacks in his first 36 games (or whatever it was). He hasn't been bad for Oakland, but he also hasn't been any better than the occasional times he was actually playing for the 9ers in the past couple years.

That said, as a 9ers fan, I'm 1) still rooting for the guy to get his life together, 2) glad he got another opportunity (he's an alcoholic and for all his sins he's still never hurt anyone), and 3) still think a year long suspension for dinging a car in parking lot while parking is friggin nuts.*

*I know there's more context to this, but I think it's a good example of why the NFL's version of a "3 strikes" law is so patently ridiculous.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2y6y1j1i said:
Laloosh":2y6y1j1i said:
Marvin49":2y6y1j1i said:
Laloosh":2y6y1j1i said:

He balled out at Oakland? Srsly?

I don't think he played poorly but the guy keeps getting chances because to start his career he had 35 sacks in his first 36 games (or whatever it was). He hasn't been bad for Oakland, but he also hasn't been any better than the occasional times he was actually playing for the 9ers in the past couple years.

That said, as a 9ers fan, I'm 1) still rooting for the guy to get his life together, 2) glad he got another opportunity (he's an alcoholic and for all his sins he's still never hurt anyone), and 3) still think a year long suspension for dinging a car in parking lot while parking is friggin nuts.*

*I know there's more context to this, but I think it's a good example of why the NFL's version of a "3 strikes" law is so patently ridiculous.

3rd in QB hurries. Can't be doing too bad.

If I said that he sucked, it wouldn't really advance my efforts to crawl under Marvin's skin and wiggle around a bit now would it?