As things stand after 10

AZ 7-2
STL 4-5
SEA 4-5
SF 3-6

Baltimore is favored over St. Lois by 2 points
Seattle is favored over San Fransisco by a whopping 12.5 points
Arizona is favored over Cincinnati by 5 points

St Louis will travel to Baltimore this week to face the Ravens. The Ravens have been extremely competitive this year and flat out got robbed in their previous game. They've just had horrible luck at the end of games however I think this is one they can and should win. The Rams are 1-5 outside of the division again. This game is not in the division and on the road so if history tells us anything it's that the Rams will continue their free fall without a parachute from what was just a high a few weeks ago. They've made a QB change, they are losing games, and it just feels like any mental edge they had is gone. We could see a return to some very undisciplined football and quickly. Baltimore takes this by 6.

The Seahawks are going to be hosting the 49ers this week and I think the line is a fair one. They really are the better team, and despite Seattle's record they are much better than the standings reflect. I really believe them to be a top 5 team but the offense is just going to need to step it up. They have the tools. Winning cures all and a win this week is going to go a long ways towards a strong finish for the year. The 49ers also made a QB change that worked out well for a week but likely ends there. They really are a bad team and advanced metrics say they are the worst team this year ranking 32nd. Not to mention they now have to go and face a hungry Seattle team where they haven't faired well in the past. Seattle wins by 16. 26-10

Arizona will be hosting the Bengals this week and up until today I was feeling really good about the game until Arians said we'd most likely be missing 2 OL, as well as John Brown and Michael Floyd. I think at this point we will see a significant drop off in production if that's the case and the Bengals defense certainly isn't a joke. Arizona's defense continue to be ranked higher than it should be and Dalton could very well exploit that. I may change my pick before the game but at this point I am going to go with the Bengals. But I'm running behind this week and lacking the info needed.

RedAlice 26-10
RINGLESS 25-11
drdiags 23-9
KEARLY 22-14
Hawksfansinceday1 22-14
POPEYEJONES 21-10
Mizzou 19-9
Shadowhawk 19-15
Hasselbeck 18-15
Superman28 18-11
REX 17-15
greenblue_eye's2 14-10
Fade 14-13
b8rtm8nn 11-10
ClutchDJ 10-9
UNCLE SI 8-4
Largent80 8-5
Erebus XXXXXX
SF49er XXXXXX
Marvin49 XXXXXX
SALISHHAWKFAN XXXXXX

drdiags

Reaction score
Bengals at Cards - Wasn't aware of the injuries mentioned in the OP, but I think the Cards will get it done at home. The Cards offensively can score enough and their defense can hold the Bengals in check. They should be able to replicate what the Texans did and what the Seahawks could have done if they didn't go on vacation in the 4th quarter. Not sure what was up with Eifert and Dalton. They will be trying to show all is well but a crack could be starting to show on the Bengals offensive side.

8-2

Rams at Ravens - The Bears look to be coming around under Gase and had a pretty balance attack against the Rams. I am not sure the Ravens can replicate that kind of output but the bigger question is whether the Rams can get better all-around production from the offense. I see this as a tight game, similar to the Vikings. I am going to lean toward the Ravens.

STL 4-6

9ers at Seahawks - The 9ers defense has enough to keep this a low scoring game, especially if the QB isn't turning the ball over. The Seahawks defense can put the rush on Gabbert but he should be able to make plays with the TE similar to what he did against the Falcons. Gabbert should also be able to begin getting on page with his WRs and expect some deep shots up the sidelines. The Seahawks offense has to stand on its own. If this is a 12-10 game late, there is going to be more blood-letting across the fan base. I am not as confident in a 12 pt margin for this game. This is a game of two mediocre teams. Reputation is the reason for the spread. Seahawks win.

SEA 5-5
SF 3-7

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
I would be WAYYYY more nervous about the Cincy game if it wasn't a Primetime game.

kearly

Reaction score
Cardinals lose
Seattle wins
49ers lose
Rams lose

I think the Cardinals will have an emotional let down after getting the biggest regular season win in ages last week. I think the Bengals offense is the kind that will create problems for AZ. As mentioned in the OP, Arizona will be missing some pieces too. I think it will be a close game but I think the Bengals will control things and ultimately win.

Before 2015, it seemed like you could always trust Seattle to beat the good teams but got nervous when they played bad teams. This year it's the opposite, Seattle always finds a way to shit the bed against good teams and always finds a way to win against the bad. Also, Pete was more pissed than I've ever seen him after the AZ loss, probably because of the piss poor officiating in that game. Even the day after he was still super-pissed. It will be interesting to see what the Seahawks look like with Pete Carroll in 'eff you' mode. I think Seattle takes out some frustrations on SF and will run the ball a LOT.

I think the Rams are playing better ball this season than ever before in the Jeff Fisher era, but their record outside the division speaks for itself. I've always liked Case Keenum but he's inconsistent and is now getting his first start with his latest team. Baltimore is the AFC's Seattle this year, a good team that can't catch a break. They are not easy to beat at home.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
I would normally pick the Bengals, but since it is a prime time game and since Dalton just got his feelings hurt by JJ Watt, I'm picking the Cardinals.

Seattle plays mad and wins over SF

I'll take the Rams this week, not enough tape on Keenum for the Ravens and they run basically 3 plays - throw deep, screen or other gadget to Austin and run by Gurley - it proves effective enough to win. Plus, I think Greggg Williams can handle a Trestman called offense executed by Flacco with few receivers.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
RT @Cardschatter: G Mike Iupati said his ambulance exit in Seattle was “scary” but he’s fine now, just football sore. Expects to be able to play vs. Bengals.

RT @Cardschatter: G Jonathan Cooper, who hasn’t practice this week, seems more unlikely to play.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Cards win a close, close game
'Zona 24
Cincy23

Seahawks don't bottom out this week. That will come next week when they give up over 40 to Pissburgh.
Seattle 20
Frisco 13

Rams are starting Case Keenum at QB.
Baltimore 24
St. Loo 9

EDIT Friday afternoon 2:00 PM: changed my mind and am taking the Cards to win because of Cincy coming off a short week and being on the road.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":33mr7iw2 said:
Baltimore 24
St. Loo 9

Pretty interesting call, especially since every game for Baltimore, outside of the Cards game, has been within 6 points.

6 points.

And you are projecting a 15 point differential this week?

Fascinating.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Rams win
Seahawks win
Cards win
Niners lose

Keenum gonna light up the Ravens. Gurley gonna run wild.

I got the Niners going 0-6 in the NFCW

I just think ARZ is too hot for the Bengals to handle in the desert.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":jlrcuzkx said:
hawksfansinceday1":jlrcuzkx said:
Baltimore 24
St. Loo 9

Pretty interesting call, especially since every game for Baltimore, outside of the Cards game, has been within 6 points.

6 points.

And you are projecting a 15 point differential this week?

Fascinating.
Score projections are just a stab in the dark. That said, I really don't like Keenum and the move smells of desperation. Of course Baltimore isn't good so a Rams win wouldn't surprise me one iota. All just for fun man.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Forgot last week.. but I would have gone 0-3 anyway..

Bengals over Cards
Seahawks over Niners
Ravens over Rams

Seahawks do enough to get our hopes up again before a loss to Shitsburgh

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Arizona - W
St. Louis - W
Seattle - W (I live in a family of 49er fans, so its gonna be a Civil War here...lolz?! :thfight7: )
Santa Clara - L

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":34m9qlpn said:
Score projections are just a stab in the dark. That said, I really don't like Keenum and the move smells of desperation. Of course Baltimore isn't good so a Rams win wouldn't surprise me one iota. All just for fun man.

Just giving you grief, that is about as much smack as you get from me as a Cards fan. I hope you are right though, I would like Fisher gone when the team is in LA next year :)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If STL can come up with an offensive game plan consisting of
Gurley
Gurley
Gurley
Gurley
Gurley
Play action off Gurley

They will be surprised how stupid the OC can be and still win.

If the Niners win, it will be Ciara's fault.

Cards have Bengals on a short week, on grass. Better practice stopping screens. I like the Cards, but Hue can call a good game most of the time, when he remembers he has AJ Green on his team. Still, I have to go Cards.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2cadh9x3 said:
Seahawks do enough to get our hopes up again before a loss to Shitsburgh

I feel a loss to Pittsburgh as well. Seattle still hasn't won a game in the RW era where the team gave up 25+ points, and with Brown and Bryant against Williams and Sherman, it will be extremely hard to keep them under 25.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Pacman Jones is listed as "doubtful" for Cincy.

That'll be a huge loss if he's out because he's been playing like their best DB & is important in special teams.

RedAlice

Reaction score
First: Yay. Is my streak at top long enough now to be the longest streak possible this season? :D

Second. Dang. This is the also the first week this season that I have no clue who is playing who and must look at the schedule on nfl.com. I know Quinn is out, Keenum is my QB, and we have two new rookies on the already horrible Oline and are playing in Baltimore.

So, I take Rams for that Win cuz I just do.

Pick Cards to win.

Pick Hawks to win.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Rams @ Ravens--Baltimore takes the kind of ugly, low-scoring game that will force everyone other than the fans of those particular teams to go outside and rake the leaves. Ravens 13, Rams 10.

49ers @ Seahawks--I don't want to live in a world where the Seahawks lose to the Blaine Gabbert-led 49ers at home. Fortunately I won't have to. Seahawks 34, 49ers 3.

Bengals @ Cardinals--Bengals lose an ugly game and are out for revenge. Cardinals might suffer a letdown after a huge division win. If this were in Cincy I would give it to the kitties, but Arizona ekes out a win at home. Cardinals 28, Bengals 24.