Paper Tigers

ringless

Reaction score
Cardinals?

No.

Best team in the NFC?

Yes

Just put up 30 points again for the 8th time this season. And in back to back weeks against the #1, and #2 scoring Defenses!!!

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Agreed right now I would take them over Carolina and Green Bay for sure.

drdiags

Reaction score
You still have to beat the Panthers to claim title of best team in the NFC. But I am sure this was more reflex to express your frustrations with some of our more doubting fans. Enjoy your ride. Good game.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ringless":3qnhwdl8 said:
Cardinals?

No.

Best team in the NFC?

Yes

Just put up 30 points again for the 8th time this season. And in back to back weeks against the #1, and #2 scoring Defenses!!!

Paper tigers? Where does that come from?

Cards are decent.

Best team in the NFC will be determined in a few months. Cards are one of the top 3 or 4 in the NFC for sure....at least as of right now.

But lets let the season play out before we get too cocky.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
AZ better shore up that defense, or they might be one and done again, and Palmer won't be able to get away with turning the ball over like he has the last 2 games. You won both of those games, congrats, can't make those sort of mistakes in the playoffs.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1zbuzdet said:
AZ better shore up that defense, or they might be one and done again, and Palmer won't be able to get away with turning the ball over like he has the last 2 games. You won both of those games, congrats, can't make those sort of mistakes in the playoffs.

If we can get in with the 5/6 seed, there is a very real possibility that one and done comes at the hands of us.

Other than the NFC least survivor, there isnt another team I would rather play in the playoffs, if we can earn our way there.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2klbchea said:
Sports Hernia":2klbchea said:

If we can get in with the 5/6 seed, there is a very real possibility that one and done comes at the hands of us.

Other than the NFC least survivor, there isnt another team I would rather play in the playoffs, if we can earn our way there.

I was talking with my friend in Australia about this. With the Vikings and Falcons playing next week a Seattle win almost guarantees Seattle will make an appearance. Good teams lose games too, and I feel that would be a nightmare if you guys made it for that very possibility.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ringless":6oqu0x5i said:
Hawkpower":6oqu0x5i said:
Sports Hernia":6oqu0x5i said:

I was talking with my friend in Australia about this. With the Vikings and Falcons playing next week a Seattle win almost guarantees Seattle will make an appearance. Good teams lose games too, and I feel that would be a nightmare if you guys made it for that very possibility.
Absolutely they do. I think Seattle isn't the team they were the last 2 years, as there are more obvious holes.
I think the offensive players are suffering from Bevell fatigue, and the offensive line cannot pass protect on a consistent basis, and they cannot cover the TE on the defensive side of the ball to save their lives.

Just saying if the Cards are going to make a deep playoff run their defense needs to be better and they can't turn the ball over like they have been.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ringless":3eo4mr3b said:
Hawkpower":3eo4mr3b said:
Sports Hernia":3eo4mr3b said:

Seahawks likely will be in, maybe as the 6, but they will be in. Atlanta is not a good team and will struggle to finish 8-8.

I'm sure that Green Bay and the Cards would never "fear" Seattle...heck both teams beat us this year. But you know those two teams don't want any part of the 3 seed if Seattle is the 6.

The Seahawks are only a game behind where they were last year, and are still arguably the most talented team in the NFC. All it takes is for it to start clicking.....as you well know, 9-7 teams can do some damage in the playoffs.

Its what makes the NFL fun :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ringless":19i9qgup said:
Hawkpower":19i9qgup said:
Sports Hernia":19i9qgup said:

Absolutely they do. I think Seattle isn't the team they were the last 2 years, as there are more obvious holes.
I think the offensive players are suffering from Bevell fatigue, and the offensive line cannot pass protect on a consistent basis, and they cannot cover the TE on the defensive side of the ball to save their lives.

Just saying if the Cards are going to make a deep playoff run their defense needs to be better and they can't turn the ball over like they have been.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2outlz4n said:
ringless":2outlz4n said:
Hawkpower":2outlz4n said:
Sports Hernia":2outlz4n said:

Seahawks likely will be in, maybe as the 6, but they will be in. Atlanta is not a good team and will struggle to finish 8-8.

I'm sure that Green Bay and the Cards would never "fear" Seattle...heck both teams beat us this year. But you know those two teams don't want any part of the 3 seed if Seattle is the 6.

The Seahawks are only a game behind where they were last year, and are still arguably the most talented team in the NFC. All it takes is for it to start clicking.....as you well know, 9-7 teams can do some damage in the playoffs.

Its what makes the NFL fun :)

No doubt, Seattle is the team I'd fear the most right now in the NFC. Because this team is a proven winner.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
These posts remind me of hawks fans trying to validate our team 3 years ago on web zone. If you're the best in the NFC you'll be the last team standing. And if that's the case, see you in the Super Bowl. But you won't get fans on another board to concide, ever.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Arizona is a very good team, best in the NFC?

No. Carolina is undefeated and starting to blow people out.

Arizona might be anywhere form 2nd to 4th, but probably leaning towards 2nd.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I hope we get a 3rd game with the Cardinals is the Divisional or, even better, conference final game. With the 49er rivalry on hiatus until Jed York leaves there is a hole to fill there.

Rob12

Reaction score
Ringless, until they do it for a full season, they have accomplished nothing.

mrblitz

Reaction score
as a team, panthers have an attitude like rocky balboa.

having said that, i like seattle's chances in a playoff game in carolina.

cards are definitely in contention.

nobody wants to play seattle in the playoffs...

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Rob12":10lzjss4 said:
Ringless, until they do it for a full season, they have accomplished nothing.

Always fun to see Seattle fans making 2012-style 9ers fan posts. :lol:

As for the Cardinals:

They're a really good team. Definitely in control of the division at this point. FWIW I think they're also a more complete team than the Panthers.

I think their problems for the rest of the year basically comes down to their insistence on using CJ1K? (good raw numbers; one of the worst according to advanced stats, and it really shows IMO) and their LBs.

Something you've gotta like about the Cardinals is that they're beating good teams, and beating bad teams really convincingly.

I'll be rooting for them to win the SB for the same reasons I was rooting for the Seahawks to win it in 2012: Once the 9ers are eliminated (which they effectively are), I'm rooting for whichever team hasn't won one before (and they get the bump over the Panthers b/c all things being equal in the playoffs I'm rooting for the NFCW teams to do well).