Rams in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Fisher is a POS and everyone but the most blind of homers knows it. And, as someone pointed out in this forum yesterday, he's on the damned rules committee.

I was watching yesterday and it was so obvious Keenum was concussed a 5 year old could figure it out. Don't hand the league "eye in the sky" guy a thing on this either (cue Rex blaming him and absolving Fisher in 5-4-3-2....)

ringless

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":h964b0ac said:
Fisher is a POS and everyone but the most blind of homers knows it. And, as someone pointed out in this forum yesterday, he's on the damned rules committee.

I was watching yesterday and it was so obvious Keenum was concussed a 5 year old could figure it out. Don't hand the league "eye in the sky" guy a thing on this either (cue Rex blaming him and absolving Fisher in 5-4-3-2....)

To be fair the Rams aren't dirty. Before anybody says that the unnecessary body slam on Forsett that snapped his arm in half like a twig was on purpose. If you watch the play it was clearly incidental contact via picking up and slamming down.

In regards to Keenum, he really hasn't played much and to be honest I feel like he has always looked concussed and that behavior is his natural self.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Fisher is just garbage. But I'm sure this concussion issue will be "addressed" at the Rules Committee this offseason.

On a related note, how has he not been fired yet? 2008 last winning season??

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ringless":2nwd067t said:
hawksfansinceday1":2nwd067t said:

To be fair the Rams aren't dirty. Before anybody says that the unnecessary body slam on Forsett that snapped his arm in half like a twig was on purpose. If you watch the play it was clearly incidental contact via picking up and slamming down.

In regards to Keenum, he really hasn't played much and to be honest I feel like he has always looked concussed and that behavior is his natural self.
Oh wow, my misrake. Thanjs for setting me steaight my friend.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Fisher's presser after the game was him pretending he didn't know Keenum was concussed. Is he stupid? Well, yes, of course he is, but still.

Fisher is going to try and ignorance his way out of this one, and the NFL is going to claim teams have as much responsibility as the independent NFL doctors. Nobody want to be the last one standing on this issue.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3gfxeawv said:
Fisher is going to try and ignorance his way out of this one, and the NFL is going to claim teams have as much responsibility as the independent NFL doctors. Nobody want to be the last one standing on this issue.

Then the NFL would be lying through their teeth.

This whole thread is misguided IMO.

The NFL has an independent evaluator in the booth whose JOB it is to pull players from games for concussion tests. They've entirely taken it out of the hands' of teams, precisely so that it's not coaches who are incentivized to keep players in who are making the decision.

There's simply nobody else to blame except the league's own independent evaluator for being asleep at the wheel.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":26ah0lzw said:
Scottemojo":26ah0lzw said:

The NFL has an independent evaluator in the booth whose JOB it is to pull players from games for concussion tests. They've entirely taken it out of the hands' of teams, precisely so that it's not coaches who are incentivized to keep players in who are making the decision.

There's simply nobody else to blame except the league's own independent evaluator for being asleep at the wheel.

That is not entirely accurate.

The teams and the league have spotters. If the NFL spotters pull him off the field the team cannot object, however. Both failed to do their jobs.

My feeling is the magnitude of the moment intimidated the spotters and they felt it should be up to the team to make that decision at that crucial time. The team did not. Both are culpable.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Fisher is fired in the off season anyway. Rams get a qb and a couple pieces at wr the next head coach will have a lot to work with.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1azhwr86 said:
Scottemojo":1azhwr86 said:

Not so fast.

I wrote that yesterday because the league is saying team trainers are just as culpable in player safety, and the reason they give is good. The evaluator is in a booth, not on the field talking to the player. The team trainer is on the field, and in fact did talk to the player and gave him the OK to go, then was part of diagnosing his concussion after the game. They had Foles warming up. All signs say the Rams knew he was potentially hurt, but the league evaluator talked to the trainer and was assured he was good to go.

Jeff Fisher claims he noticed none of this, and said to blame no one, then went on to blame the officials for hurrying the trainer off the field. Which is bullshit, all the trainer has to say is injured player, and they stop the game. Of course, that may carry in game consequenses based on clock, timeouts, etc., but I kind of doubt this injury would have, it was dead ball after a penalty on the Ravens.

My impression live was that Fisher was well aware Keenum was dinged. Which is why his post game comments like he was unaware Keenum got hurt were so odd, I figured it was pretty much impossible for him to have zero knowledge of such an obvious thing.

I don't actually disagree with you about who should take the blame. I am telling you that the league is so sensitive to concussion implications that they are going to do their best to hang it on Fisher or the trainer. And Fisher makes it easy to do by acting like he was Colonol Clink.

I dislike Fisher very much, if you can't tell. I think his being on the league competition committee is a joke.

Rex

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":akx6hzzc said:

I don't know if Fisher witnessed the hit. I don't know if anyone alerted him either. I do someone on the sidelines had to have seen it besides Foles who had put on his helmet ready to in......but to claim individuals had seen it strikes me as a really emotional tact in which I care not to participate. I do know the NFL has someone who's job it is to take the player out of the game for concussion protocol.....and that the officials also have the same ability. So there is more than enough blame to go around.

Rex

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2v2ps62o said:
My feeling is the magnitude of the moment intimidated the spotters and they felt it should be up to the team to make that decision at that crucial time. The team did not. Both are culpable.

Nonsense, the NFL has authority over the team. The officials and the spotter are at fault.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Not just the sidelines... He was evaluated by a training staff member on the field. Here is the sequence.

[youtube]204GsqfRlKc[/youtube]

Rex

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2g4o9pgq said:
Not just the sidelines... He was evaluated by a training staff member on the field. Here is the sequence.

No, that was not a member of the medical staff. Looked to me like he was motioning to Keenum about his helmet mic.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scottemojo":38o26uve said:
Popeyejones":38o26uve said:
Scottemojo":38o26uve said:

Not so fast.

I wrote that yesterday because the league is saying team trainers are just as culpable in player safety, and the reason they give is good. The evaluator is in a booth, not on the field talking to the player. The team trainer is on the field, and in fact did talk to the player and gave him the OK to go, then was part of diagnosing his concussion after the game. They had Foles warming up. All signs say the Rams knew he was potentially hurt, but the league evaluator talked to the trainer and was assured he was good to go.

Jeff Fisher claims he noticed none of this, and said to blame no one, then went on to blame the officials for hurrying the trainer off the field. Which is bullshit, all the trainer has to say is injured player, and they stop the game. Of course, that may carry in game consequenses based on clock, timeouts, etc., but I kind of doubt this injury would have, it was dead ball after a penalty on the Ravens.

My impression live was that Fisher was well aware Keenum was dinged. Which is why his post game comments like he was unaware Keenum got hurt were so odd, I figured it was pretty much impossible for him to have zero knowledge of such an obvious thing.

I don't actually disagree with you about who should take the blame. I am telling you that the league is so sensitive to concussion implications that they are going to do their best to hang it on Fisher or the trainer. And Fisher makes it easy to do by acting like he was Colonol Clink.

I dislike Fisher very much, if you can't tell. I think his being on the league competition committee is a joke.

Gotcha, and understood. Thanks for clarifying. :th2thumbs:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Rex":1sxlrgon said:
Uncle Si":1sxlrgon said:

No, that was not a member of the medical staff. Looked to me like he was motioning to Keenum about his helmet mic.

Of course....

ringless

Reaction score
Rex lol.

Come on man. That guy didn't go on the field to check on Foles Mic.

Plus if you read his lips he says "come on man" then I miss a couple words... Then something about "your head"

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I want the "Drew Stanton" to replace the Whip and nae nae...

Status
Not open for further replies.