Johnny Manziel benched.... again, after new drunk video.

chris98251

Reaction score
If this was the 60's they would be laughing about it, although in the 60's he would be partying with his lineman also.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I was just being told on this very board he was "fixed". What the heck? 8)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3qdhc79n said:
I was just being told on this very board he was "fixed". What the heck? 8)

I hope he has been fixed...Johnny spawn would not be good.

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Imitates laugh of little Star Wars Creature" Ahahahahahah!

[youtube]X-Y6YfDBmh8[/youtube]

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
In all seriousness, how is this news? And why does this constitute being demoted to third string? The media in this country sucks. I am by no means a fan of Manziel but the way he's been treated in the tabloids seems criminal. Like last year, he had that bad game against Cincinnati and the news made it seem like his career was over,,,with one game,,as a rookie.

My guess is the media hyped him, now it's time to destroy him. That's how they roll.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":294i2f12 said:
In all seriousness, how is this news? And why does this constitute being demoted to third string? The media in this country sucks. I am by no means a fan of Manziel but the way he's been treated in the tabloids seems criminal. Like last year, he had that bad game against Cincinnati and the news made it seem like his career was over,,,with one game,,as a rookie.

My guess is the media hyped him, now it's time to destroy him. That's how they roll.

Or, it could be that he has substance abuse problems and the team is protecting itself. He did go to rehab this off season.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The Browns invested $8.25 million (6.7 guaranteed) into this cocky, immature little jackass. They reserve every right to set restrictions on their investment and how he represents the franchise. After all his off the field issues and rehab and second chances, he looked like a complete idiot on the video and the Browns understandably have low tolerance for any future behavior that presents the team in a bad light. This is why he's being benched, not because he was just "partying like anyone else" or "he was just at a bar like other players-what's the big deal?" He's on a tight leash and they won't hesitate to ax him let alone bench him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":15v0elsl said:

Or there can be even more to the story that hasn't come out yet......

nategreat

Reaction score
Oooohhhhh, he was drinking.... big deal. Seriously, who cares. And the only reason he went to treatment before is because he was forced into it and wanted to leave a good impression on people. But if the coach gives him the bye week off, he should be able to spend it however he wants, as long as he's not getting into trouble. This video was pointless. Just showed a young guy having some drinks and having a good time, "singing" the lyrics to a song. If you want him to put a stick up his butt and smile at people all day.....

Osprey

Reaction score
nategreat":1x3wezm3 said:
Oooohhhhh, he was drinking.... big deal. Seriously, who cares. And the only reason he went to treatment before is because he was forced into it and wanted to leave a good impression on people. But if the coach gives him the bye week off, he should be able to spend it however he wants, as long as he's not getting into trouble. This video was pointless. Just showed a young guy having some drinks and having a good time, "singing" the lyrics to a song. If you want him to put a stick up his butt and smile at people all day.....

Except that he's already proven he can't live that life style and show up to practice on time, let alone play at the level expected from a NFL QB. If he was showing dedication to his craft and playing lights out no one would care and I'd agree with your argument.

And it's not just booze, don't forget the other TMZ video of him in a Vegas bathroom with a rolled up bill in hand leaning over the counter. Most likely he came back from rehab and promised the team he'd stay out of that scene. If so, he broke his word to his employer.

MrThortan

Reaction score
What a moran. If I had the opportunity to make a million in one year, you better believe I would be as strait edge as it would take, let alone for several million. That being said... he got drunk, so what.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
nategreat":2swi68ob said:

Its quite possible that he has a drinking problem. Either way, he has an issue with partying and it being disruptive to his preparation and development.

This is not as simple as some player going off and having some fun on his bye week. This is a player who has gotten himself in trouble doing exactly what the video purports and has been asked, warned and finally mandated to stay away from such incidences.

Instead, he ignored his employer and selfishly fell back into his usual pattern.

Manziel is going to fail as an NFL player, and I doubt it will have much to do with his talent.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3atgpp9z said:
He sucks. That's reason enough to demote him to 3rd string. The drinking is just the scape goat.
Well he did miss a few practices last year due to drinking, it is a problem. But yeah he isn't very good which is the main issue.

morgulon1

Reaction score
This is another case of the run and shoot style college qb that doesn't quite translate to the pros. This was the reason he was in a "free fall" in the draft before he talked the idiot Browns into selecting him.
Heck , he could've been in a free fall because the other teams did their due diligence and knew he was going to be a nightmare.

Manziel Is ill equipped mentally to handle the challenges of being an NFL qb. So he does what a lot of people do. He escapes with alcohol then after he gets a little buzz, he decides it's time to go score some white. He is really an immature punk and draft choices like this are why Cleveland will forever suck. This type of a draft pick gets people fired.

Five years from now Johnny football is going to be sitting in an Applebee's bar telling young sweatermeat...

"No, really. I used to play in the NFL."

blue 22

Reaction score
He is 22 years old! I just realized that the other day. TWENTY TWO!!!! so young... I think he will be fine... Maybe not? Idk but he has the talent... just needs to mature. Maybe that will come with time. Sucks for the browns!