Rams Stedman Bailey shot twice in head

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/669391874566823936[/tweet]

Obviously hoping for the best for all involved.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Stay classy sports fans. Unbelievable responses, smh.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 11.55.44.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 11.55.44.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,198

Rex

Reaction score
What a sad story. I hope he fully recovers soon.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
If you really want to know what our world is becoming, then go read YouTube comments section of any famous video. So many ignorant & intolerant people with zero patience & maturity.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2cc6e2te said:
It's my opinion that facebook/twitter has made people dumber. Discuss.

Couldn't disagree more. Social media just:

1) Drags you out of the personal and professional "bubble" that you regularly occupy, which both selects you into networks of similarity in opinion, norms, beliefs (etc) (and even from WITHIN that bubble you select OUT of interactions with people you disagree with or find stupid).

2) The quasi (or full) anonymity of online communication can cause people to state their opinions and beliefs in completely unvarnished ways that violate the norms of politeness and interaction in face-to-face communication, meaning that it is through facebook and twitter that you're more likely to be exposed to people's real beliefs, rather than all the hedging, lying, and avoidance of actual opinions that happens off the Internet.

Just as an example of #2, I think the "the Internet is making us dumber" argument is ridiculously stupid. I say this BECAUSE of my anonymity, though. If we were speaking face-to-face I'd be MUCH more polite about it, and probably to the point that I'd never let on how stupid I think the argument is (e.g. "well, maybe, but also what could be happening is...").

In turn, you might respond to this post by saying I'm obnoxious as sh!t and a self-serious know-it-all because of YOUR anonymity, whereas if we were talking face-to-face by the water cooler you'd just silently think "well, I'm never talking to that jack@ss again." ;)

ivotuk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":wi4wl8ro said:

Why would you go out of your way to post stuff like this?

Anybody can find crap on the internet, but why bother? Unless you want to hijack the thread?

253hawk

Reaction score
Stay out of Florida. Why people even go there to begin with is beyond me.

Basis4day

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2gwsum27 said:
SomersetHawk":2gwsum27 said:

The internet has allowed dickheads to act like that. It's my opinion that facebook/twitter has made people dumber. Discuss.

If you don't mind i'll extend this to comment sections on websites in general. All the same beast.

It doesn't make you dumber, it just gives the dumb people who were already out there a forum. It used to be that you would need to write a letter to the editor of a newspaper to get your opinions out. Only a certain kind of person would make that effort.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":1zrjwwjy said:
SomersetHawk":1zrjwwjy said:

Why would you go out of your way to post stuff like this?

Anybody can find crap on the internet, but why bother? Unless you want to hijack the thread?

Going out of my way couldn't be any further from the truth. This was just a screenshot from the comments on the NFL.com story; the only one I read.

Thread hijacking ain't my style, unless it's intolerably dumb, or was created by peaches.

rideaducati

Reaction score
253hawk":1r85lls9 said:

This is the truth... I was robbed at gunpoint a couple months ago by three little punks. All three had guns pointed at my face. They got away with $23 and my wallet. Replacing everything in my wallet was a pain.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Out of surgery and in the ICU. Dang, getting shot twice in the head and surviving.

Bailey is a nice kid. Yes, he likes to smoke pot and that is a dumb decision on his part considering his potential NFL opportunity right now. But, he's not a thug and has potential.

Hope he has a good recovery for his life, regardless of football.

Hopeful thoughts to his wife and baby.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
rideaducati":1fe58hz7 said:
253hawk":1fe58hz7 said:

This is the truth... I was robbed at gunpoint a couple months ago by three little punks. All three had guns pointed at my face. They got away with $23 and my wallet. Replacing everything in my wallet was a pain.

Ironically enough, I lived in Florida for 6 years with nary a problem, but have been in an attempted carjacking and nailed by a drunk driver in my last two visits to King County.

Guess we all have different experiences.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2wvel75n said:
rideaducati":2wvel75n said:
253hawk":2wvel75n said:

Ironically enough, I lived in Florida for 6 years with nary a problem, but have been in an attempted carjacking and nailed by a drunk driver in my last two visits to King County.

Guess we all have different experiences.

I adore Florida!!! One of the best places to visit. Anyone who badmouths it is just stupid.

you can get into trouble anywhere. even here in San Diego.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Sad situation. Hope the kid pulls through.

Outlaws are seen as cool in today's society. The harder you are is where it's at with today's criminal youth. If your a halfway decent human, your considered weak. It's all about the power, the juice.

I've had a gun pulled on me several times. Luckily for me the guy holding it didn't have it in him each time. It's an interesting feeling to say the least.

Maybe with today's modern tech, we see it more than ever before. Now that we're so connected, we get the pleasure of seeing man's inhumanity to man within minutes occurrence.

RedAlice

Reaction score
@bjornanderson21

I think your post has zero to do with football or this forum and should be moved to some politicking forum type thing.