Carolina Magic

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
They have it... They got it after they beat us in that final drive.

The way they're dismantling teams, reminds me of our November run a couple years ago. 50-0 Cardinals, 42-14 Bills, 43-6 Niners.... (these records could be off, but they're ballpark figures.)

A ground and pound ruthless run game. Down right nasty and hard hitting defense. A get it just done type of a QB!
This is a big-boy team and they will rock you.

I love teams like this. It's football at its most beautiful form in my eyes. It's what we have had in the last few years.

Lucky for us, they don't have the 12th man ;). We will go in their house and rise!

ctrcat

Reaction score
^ As for the last comment, I won't spend all day defending nor bashing the Panthers HFA, and I won't expound on WHY this is, but I will say this- I have been to approximately 40% of home games in the Panthers history including the five home playoff games to this point, and the five home playoff games have had a SIGNIFICANTLY!!!!! different atmosphere than ANY regular season game-enough to compare to any major atmospheres in the SEC or elsewhere in CFB, having been to most.

As for the rest, thanks, but still too early to crown anyone. Veterans Davis, Tillman, Olsen, Kalil, Allen, et al will be key to keep focus to the inevitable remaining obstacles, seen and unseen.

OP
OP
A

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":2pj5x7eq said:
^ As for the last comment, I won't spend all day defending nor bashing the Panthers HFA, and I won't expound on WHY this is, but I will say this- I have been to approximately 40% of home games in the Panthers history including the five home playoff games to this point, and the five home playoff games have had a SIGNIFICANTLY!!!!! different atmosphere than ANY regular season game-enough to compare to any major atmospheres in the SEC or elsewhere in CFB, having been to most.

As for the rest, thanks, but still too early to crown anyone. Veterans Davis, Tillman, Olsen, Kalil, Allen, et al will be key to keep focus to the inevitable remaining obstacles, seen and unseen.

That's fair. I wouldn't have assumed you could have such a HFA. Let's see though, I know its early to crown but teams as ours are made for December-January football.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
If we don't make it to the big dance(and we probably won't), I will be rooting for Carolina if they do. I cannot, and will not root for a divisional rival(Tweety Birds). From personal interaction and online interaction, I actually like their fans. They have never won a SB. Anyone but the Tards or the Cheatriots to win it all...For the love of god, please.

RussB

Reaction score
They even admitted a little while back that they pretty much copied the seahawks scheme. I think ron rivera said it. I hope they keep winning so we can beat them in the playoffs lol

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Carolina wont make it to or win any Super Bowl.

Seattle will be 8-8 and wont make the playoffs

chris98251

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":2g4py3z8 said:

Well Mr. Know it all your already wrong, they have been to a Super Bowl.

KGrHqZqIFJcbh9ydnBSYyQ48Lw60 35

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":16la4key said:

Wait, you're saying Carolina won't make it to OR win any Super Bowl?

wow, that's a bold statement. I could see Carolina not making the Super Bowl, but not winning it? That's a stretch.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3m3drm4p said:
They even admitted a little while back that they pretty much copied the seahawks scheme. I think ron rivera said it.

On which side of the ball?

I don't see that at all on offense or defense.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Popeyejones":38416y0i said:
2Cool4School":38416y0i said:
They even admitted a little while back that they pretty much copied the seahawks scheme. I think ron rivera said it.

Agree. He may have said it out of respect and there are some similarities but also many differences. And I say this with all due respect since the Hawks have a ring but Rivera played on the 85 Bears, Shula's father is arguably the GOAT and coached the 72 Dolphins, Gettleman has been a part of 6 Super Bowls and 15 playoff teams, and Richardson won a championship as a player-they don't need a template.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
ctrcat":177xedb5 said:
Popeyejones":177xedb5 said:
2Cool4School":177xedb5 said:

Agree. He may have said it out of respect and there are some similarities but also many differences. And I say this with all due respect since the Hawks have a ring but Rivera played on the 85 Bears, Shula's father is arguably the GOAT and coached the 72 Dolphins, Gettleman has been a part of 6 Super Bowls and 15 playoff teams, and Richardson won a championship as a player-they don't need a template.

Yeah, Richardson's 1959 SB win brings a wealth of relatable material.

RussB

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2ot1cbdf said:
2Cool4School":2ot1cbdf said:

He said they wanted to be a running team just like the hawks and play zone with fast linebackers and tall corners. cant find the article but it was something like that. He might have said it at a presser

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
chris98251":3pmfbrut said:
ilikedlargent":3pmfbrut said:

Well Mr. Know it all your already wrong, they have been to a Super Bowl.

KGrHqZqIFJcbh9ydnBSYyQ48Lw60 35

I was referring to this year of course. They didn't win the last time they went anyway.
As far as calling me mrknowitall; you banned me after saying Lynch and another player would be injured.
Well,look,that's exactly what happened.
Sorry,iit's not my fault.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":2dwfks69 said:
ilikedlargent":2dwfks69 said:

Wait, you're saying Carolina won't make it to OR win any Super Bowl?

wow, that's a bold statement. I could see Carolina not making the Super Bowl, but not winning it? That's a stretch.

Lol which ever comes first,both ain't happening

NINEster

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3mg3h0zw said:
They even admitted a little while back that they pretty much copied the seahawks scheme. I think ron rivera said it. I hope they keep winning so we can beat them in the playoffs lol

Copying the Seahawks scheme? You mean running the 4-3? :mrgreen:

They don't even run a 4-3 UNDER in Carolina, which the 49ers have run as part of their 3-4 hybrid systems when they had Fangio.

These last few years I found more similarities between Carolina & SF defense than Carolina & Seattle, despite the fact that the 49ers run a 3-4.

Carolina and SF I always felt had better front 7s with good but not stellar secondaries while the Seahawks were always built off the back end. Robert Wagner is good, but the rest of the Hawk LBs are guys with good measurables that work in the system.

Now Carolina has a top flight CB to go with their strong front 7 which took a year off in 2014 (don't know what happened), and it's making a big enough difference to drive them to this dominant record -- that's what it looks like from the outside.

I'll have to read up a bit more....Panthers probably have an extra stud in the secondary that's helping them out.

I don't think anyone is trying to copy the Seahawk defensive scheme. Not because it's not a good defense, but it's a harder to replicate model because a lot of it is coaching and having two blue chip safeties. Ironically in a "cornerback driven" league, it's harder to find safeties like Thomas & Chancellor than shut down CBs.

You heard of teams wanting to draft bigger, "Seattle like" corners, but that was about it.

NINEster

Reaction score
2Cool4School":38rj2885 said:
Popeyejones":38rj2885 said:
2Cool4School":38rj2885 said:

He said they wanted to be a running team just like the hawks and play zone with fast linebackers and tall corners. cant find the article but it was something like that. He might have said it at a presser

Another problem with this statement is that when the Seahawks were well known to be an up and coming football team in 2012, the Panthers were already less than a year away from being a tough team themselves.

You think a team can transform their identity in an entire offseason?

No.

Panthers got better, but it's not like they were a Falcons or Saints wannabe that suddenly saw the light.

ctrcat

Reaction score
NINEster":2wcvap5v said:
2Cool4School":2wcvap5v said:
Popeyejones":2wcvap5v said:
2Cool4School":2wcvap5v said:

Another problem with this statement is that when the Seahawks were well known to be an up and coming football team in 2012, the Panthers were already less than a year away from being a tough team themselves.

You think a team can transform their identity in an entire offseason?

No.

Panthers got better, but it's not like they were a Falcons or Saints wannabe that suddenly saw the light.

Good post. FYI th Panthers beat the snot out of the #1 seed in the NFC, the Falcons, in 2012. It took a miracle, literally, for the Falcons to get a split.

FWIW another 49er fan suggested he wanted to lose so you guys could jockey for draft position. The Panthers went on a mini-tear at the end of the 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 seasons, and it didn't stop them from getting Kuechly, Star, Benjamin, Shaq, and multiple gems thereafter. The Keep Pounding culture was further solidified with some of those late season wins.

MAYBE if you KNOW the coach is gone, if you're talking about ONE game, and if you KNOW you'll get a franchise QB, then MAYBE. Otherwise it's hard to justify. The Redskins gave up the moon for RG3 and the Panthers got Kuechly at #9. JMO.

ctrcat

Reaction score
NINEster":2f4984bi said:
2Cool4School":2f4984bi said:

Copying the Seahawks scheme? You mean running the 4-3? :mrgreen:

Now Carolina has a top flight CB to go with their strong front 7 which took a year off in 2014 (don't know what happened), .

Greg Hardy was tagged and took up 10% of the cap. Boom, everything blows up, pun intended, and it took some getting used to. Kony Ealy who now has a sack in 5 straight games as a backup was just a rookie. This year they knew there was no Hardy and talent/depth/experience all along the D and especially the DL is simply better than a year ago. Still not as good at DE as a 2013 Hardy of course, but significantly better than 2014.