Romo out for season

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3tjz6m10 said:
Cracked collar bone. And Dallas won't win another game,
I think they luck into a win or 2, but that's it. They'll still screw up the draft though so it's irrelevant. :)
Their o-line is good (but overrated) but couldn't even keep Romo upright.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":18di181j said:
JSeahawks":18di181j said:
Cracked collar bone. And Dallas won't win another game,
I think they luck into a win or 2, but that's it. They'll still screw up the draft though so it's irrelevant. :)
Their o-line is good (but overrated) but couldn't even keep Romo upright.

To be fair to the line, Romo has been really fragile the last few seasons, and teams have been keying on him without having any real threat to run.

ringless

Reaction score
Romo has had multiple back surgeries, cracked ribs, punctured lungs, and broken his collarbone multiple times. His quality of life won't be to exceptional 5 years from now once he isn't trained to be in such great shape. Guy should hang it up. He plays for a dysfunctional team that isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

rideaducati

Reaction score
rlkats":1h0aj5y3 said:
20$ Dallas goes after Kapernick

I'll take that bet. I'd put money on the Cowboys going after Manziel or RGKnee. If those guys aren't available, they'll draft someone. I don't think they'll even "settle" for Kaepernick if he is still available into preseason.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
ringless":d28pgpbs said:
Romo has had multiple back surgeries, cracked ribs, punctured lungs, and broken his collarbone multiple times. His quality of life won't be to exceptional 5 years from now once he isn't trained to be in such great shape. Guy should hang it up. He plays for a dysfunctional team that isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

only a fool leaves a job paying you millions to heal from injuries. Jocks just play ball. They could care less what any fan thinks of them. They dont walk around thinking about that

chris98251

Reaction score
Jerry has seen the erosion of Romo, he won't tip his hand till he has a replacement lined up, I think Romo is done in Dallas.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
ringless":3uqv5g3r said:

since 2010 to the 2014 seasons,the Cowboys have 42 wins and the Cards have 41. This is the most success the Cards have had for more than decades. in a couple years or less theyll go back to five win seasons while even in bad years the cowboys always get 8 or 9 wins. They are one of the more consistent winning organizations in the league and will continue to be

RichNhansom

Reaction score
rlkats":3nvr8yyt said:

I'd have to take the bet. I can't imagine many right now think even a healthy Kaep is worth his contract and he is now IR'd for the remainder of the season. It may be possible if he passes his physical before April but even then I would be surprised. They definitely would not make a trade before he passes. They would then be responsible for his full contract (at least that years worth) if he somehow couldn't play at all.

Also the 9ers can't release him until he passes his physical so FA isn't an option to be able to pay him less.

Could you imagine Hardy and Dez looking to Kaep for leadership? I think they would destroy him mentally to the point of no return.

Then you consider the X-Factor in Jerry and suddenly it seems very possible.

rlkats

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2wwugva5 said:
rlkats":2wwugva5 said:

I'd have to take the bet. I can't imagine many right now think even a healthy Kaep is worth his contract and he is now IR'd for the remainder of the season. It may be possible if he passes his physical before April but even then I would be surprised. They definitely would not make a trade before he passes. They would then be responsible for his full contract (at least that years worth) if he somehow couldn't play at all.

Also the 9ers can't release him until he passes his physical so FA isn't an option to be able to pay him less.

Could you imagine Hardy and Dez looking to Kaep for leadership? I think they would destroy him mentally to the point of no return.

Then you consider the X-Factor in Jerry and suddenly it seems very possible.

Hahahaha gid that would be so fun to watch. Hardy, Dez and Kaep on the same team. But ya I agree. Kaep will not have many people wanting him.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":2egmdx9u said:
ringless":2egmdx9u said:

since 2010 to the 2014 seasons,the Cowboys have 42 wins and the Cards have 41. This is the most success the Cards have had for more than decades. in a couple years or less theyll go back to five win seasons while even in bad years the cowboys always get 8 or 9 wins. They are one of the more consistent winning organizations in the league and will continue to be
One or two playoff wins since what, '95? You're right though, they are indeed consistent.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":p9h7thst said:
ilikedlargent":p9h7thst said:
ringless":p9h7thst said:

One or two playoff wins since what, '95? You're right though, they are indeed consistent.
I think it's 2 playoff wins since '96 (their last Lombardi).

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1wei5rus said:
hawksfansinceday1":1wei5rus said:
ilikedlargent":1wei5rus said:
ringless":1wei5rus said:

I think it's 2 playoff wins since '96 (their last Lombardi).

Yep, 2 playoff wins, and the year after both they immediately went in the tank and Romo got hurt (11-5 to 6-10 in '09-'10 and 12-4 to 3-8 and counting this year).

chris98251

Reaction score
Jerry will possibly go after Cousins, hurt his rival, get a QB that could be something if not messed with all the time like the situation in Washington. Kaep and Johnny Football may be fun to talk about, but Jerry knows he needs a real leader as a QB, neither Kaep or Johnny has that. Although he May sign Manziel as a back up, if nothing else but to have a guy on his party bus that knows how to have a good time.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":3mv4abn7 said:
Jerry will possibly go after Cousins, hurt his rival, get a QB that could be something if not messed with all the time like the situation in Washington. Kaep and Johnny Football may be fun to talk about, but Jerry knows he needs a real leader as a QB, neither Kaep or Johnny has that. Although he May sign Manziel as a back up, if nothing else but to have a guy on his party bus that knows how to have a good time.
Cousins might do well in D which means Jerruh won't be smart enough to go after him. He'll probably go Manziel instead so he can sell more jerseys.

Maulbert & Hernia: thanks for the exact info on the Cowpatties and the playoffs. 20 seasons with exactly 2 playoff appearances. Yep, that's consistency alright.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":bc0jwhw8 said:
chris98251":bc0jwhw8 said:
Cousins might do well in D which means Jerruh won't be smart enough to go after him. He'll probably go Manziel instead so he can sell more jerseys.

I would go with the latter option as well for JJ. He deserves a fantastic QB like Manziel. :twisted:

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2vzx5wq9 said:
chris98251":2vzx5wq9 said:

Maulbert & Hernia: thanks for the exact info on the Cowpatties and the playoffs. 20 seasons with exactly 2 playoff appearances. Yep, that's consistency alright.

They've made the playoffs a few more times than that, they've just won only 2 games. Remember Romo's botched hold?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Maulbert":e3rjn5tj said:
hawksfansinceday1":e3rjn5tj said:
chris98251":e3rjn5tj said:

They've made the playoffs a few more times than that, they've just won only 2 games. Remember Romo's botched hold?
Duh!! I was at that game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":2cqafbr5 said:
Jerruh has a huge "Woodrow" for Johnny Party. His son and another Cowboys employee had to almost tackle him from giving the guy that phones in the pick Johnny Party's draft card. Old rich men with huge ego's surrounded by "yes men" rarely change their stripes or opinions.