Cardinals RB Chris Johnson out with a fractured fibia

hawknation2015

Reaction score
TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals need an insurance policy for their insurance policy. With the news Monday that running back Chris Johnson suffered a fractured tibia in Sunday's win over San Francisco, the Cardinals have lost the engine of their running game. This might be the most damaging injury the Cardinals could have suffered aside from quarterback Carson Palmer.

This might have just cost the Cardinals the Super Bowl.

http://espn.go.com/blog/arizona-cardina ... -bowl-shot

ringless

Reaction score
I didn't want to start a thread because of complaints.

Ellington is also out with Turf toe and I think Seattle fans are very familiar with how long that can hold someone out.
Powers is out with a calf strain and we will be using our #6WR as a slot corner possibly. He's going to give it a try in practice this week.

Otherwise we are a pretty healthy team this year. I don't think these injuries are too big of a deal. While Chris Johnson is the 3rd leading rusher in the league I think he's overrated.

So in one game we went down to our #3 RB and don't have depth their anymore at RB or CB.

However, we should be getting a lot of players back this week. Stinson, Rucker, Redding, and Cooper should all be back.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Maulbert":kiiqg5q8 said:
.....And once again, the Arians injury bug bites. If I were Palmer, I'd worry for my knees, especially with the Rams on deck.

You can blame it on Arians or w/e, but the team has been pretty much healthy for the most part this year. Heading into Week 13 & this is probably the first "severe" injury of the season. A LOT better health-wise compared to last year.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Cards can't have a healthy stable of RB's, it's a unwritten rule.

sherman123

Reaction score
Every running back i've had in fantasy football has had season ending injuries. Bell, Charles, Lewis, and now Johnson. Maybe i should try and trade for AP before our game.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Just please don't pick up Rawls.

Please

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Good job David Johnson's a stud. I really don't think it's as big a hit as they're making it out (second to losing Palmer), I'd rate Fitzgerald, Mathieu, Peterson, Iupati and Veldheer as more vital to the Cards' success, and maybe a couple more.

That O-line's been good enough to make Chris Johnson look like a top back; which I'm not totally sure he is. It's a loss in a sense that you're going to have to find a new workhorse, but it's not like he's been performing particularly well of late. 55 attempts for 138 yards over the last three games with a long of 9.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Blessing in disguise for them.

I haven't seen what's happened in the past couple weeks, but as of two weeks ago according to the advanced stats CJ1K? was getting amazing blocking and doing very little with it. That's what I thought I was seeing while watching Cardinals games also. He doesn't have the quicks he used to, and has always been the case with him, he can't break a tackle to save his life.

TBH I think Ellington is a bigger blow than Johnson.

ringless

Reaction score
Popeyejones":x27b6oep said:
Blessing in disguise for them.

I haven't seen what's happened in the past couple weeks, but as of two weeks ago according to the advanced stats CJ1K? was getting amazing blocking and doing very little with it. That's what I thought I was seeing while watching Cardinals games also. He doesn't have the quicks he used to, and has always been the case with him, he can't break a tackle to save his life.

TBH I think Ellington is a bigger blow than Johnson.

I think you might be spot on. He came onto the team not well conditioned and late. He had some energy and has appeared to be regressing as of late.

Ellington is frustrating. He has big play potential but only when he's the #2 back it seems, and even as a #2 back he is always injured.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Yeah, with Ellington it's really his inability to stay healthy.

Ellington is 5'10 200 lbs.

When I think about him and what he could end up being, I always think of another small back (5'10 205 lbs) who couldn't stay healthy through is early career and "worked best in a rotation."

Then about six years into his career it turned out that none of that was actually true, and he could stay healthy and was actually a pretty awesome lead back despite his small stature.

Hint About Who I'm Talking About: His brother was one of the announcers for the Cardinals/9ers game on Sunday. :th2thumbs:

Not saying he can or will do that, but I think that's his ceiling still, an it's really pretty high.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think David Johnson is the most talented of the three RBs. However, it's really a question if he can prove to be the tough-running bellcow type RB that Arians wants. Surprisingly, Chris gave them that element of toughness their offense has been lacking for some time. You don't get that from Ellington, talented as he is.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Tibia, not fibia. The other bone in the lower leg is the fibula, so it is easily confused.

rideaducati

Reaction score
chris98251":3t8ovfst said:
The Cards can't have a healthy stable of RB's, it's a unwritten rule.

It is odd that their backs are injured so often because they use them so little.