Refs Refs Refs

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
He he he.....Crew moved after they botched another one. But it makes one team easier...

http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Pete-More ... e-41598350

Just a snippet of the story...

After more controversy following it's officiating during Arizona's Week 12 win over San Francisco, Morelli's crew has been removed from Pittsburgh's Sunday night game against Indianapolis. The crew has been reassigned to cover Sunday's 4:25 p.m. matchup between New England and Philadelphia.

The 49ers have been verbally upset over Morelli's crew following it's loss to the Cardinals, as San Francisco was penalized 13 times, including this roughing the passer penalty that led to Arizona's eventual game-winning touchdown.

rideaducati

Reaction score
What did the Eagles and Patriots do to deserve the bad referee crew?

ringless

Reaction score
Decimation":2rqq41q6 said:
Refs screwed us in a game against Arizona.

Seattle should have played better and not given up a 19-0 spot. Simple as that. Game is 60 minutes long. Cant expect to play 20 and win and Seattle didn't play for 60.

Seattle49er

Reaction score
ringless":27mxjhlu said:
Decimation":27mxjhlu said:

Seattle should have played better and not given up a 19-0 spot. Simple as that. Game is 60 minutes long. Cant expect to play 20 and win and Seattle didn't play for 60.

So I'm guessing you believe your team didn't get the benefit of bad officiating during the SF game?

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":xtghk20j said:
Decimation":xtghk20j said:

If the refs called holding when they should have on the Cards offensive line, there wouldn't have been a 19-0 deficit for the Seahawks to overcome. The cardinal linemen basically had Avril and Bennett in choke holds on every pass play, but nothing was called. Instead, Sweezy gets called on a phantom hold that was bogus. Enjoy your win, but we all know the cards needed A LOT of help to get that 19-0 lead and even more help to get the lead back late in the game...and they got the help they needed.

ringless

Reaction score
Seattle49er":2d9ugew0 said:
ringless":2d9ugew0 said:
Decimation":2d9ugew0 said:

So I'm guessing you believe your team didn't get the benefit of bad officiating during the SF game?

I think we benefited sure.

I certainly didn't see anyone complaining on this board when we played the Steelers and our players were getting tackled well before the ball even got there. Taking away Two different touchdowns from us.

My whole point is, we got screwed in a game, and benefited from another. It's kind of what happens in the NFL. So yes, we benefited in the 49ers game. But if it wasn't for officiating in the Steelers game we would have won. So maybe we'd still have the same record we have today.

So I really don't care, the refs taketh, and then they giveth setting the balance.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ringless":1z7y3et7 said:
Seattle49er":1z7y3et7 said:
ringless":1z7y3et7 said:
Decimation":1z7y3et7 said:

I certainly didn't see anyone complaining on this board when we played the Steelers and our players were getting tackled well before the ball even got there. Taking away Two different touchdowns from us.

My whole point is, we got screwed in a game, and benefited from another. It's kind of what happens in the NFL. So yes, we benefited in the 49ers game. But if it wasn't for officiating in the Steelers game we would have won. So maybe we'd still have the same record we have today.

So I really don't care, the refs taketh, and then they giveth setting the balance.

Unfortunately lvnginbantown can't respond to your post.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Seattle49er":3nmqbzup said:
ringless":3nmqbzup said:
Decimation":3nmqbzup said:

I'll admit we benefited from it during the SF game.

As for the Seattle game? Nope.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":1mdzxz3k said:
Seattle49er":1mdzxz3k said:
ringless":1mdzxz3k said:
Decimation":1mdzxz3k said:

HAHAHA the Seattle game was far worse.

The fumble that was called an incomplete pass.

The 4 straight phantom 1st and 20-25's (WOW!) in the first half. None on Arizona.

6 drive extending penalties on 3rd down called on our secondary/defense (Niners, sound familiar?)

Larry Fitzgerald holding numerous times with no call. 3-4 of them were flat out takedowns.

The facemask personal foul in the first quarter that was nowhere near a facemask.

Not one holding call on AZ's offensive line despite multiple take-downs and numerous calls on Seattle's line.

Arizona played well, but despite that, a balanced and properly officiated game has a much different result. And we know why you refuse to acknowledge this.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ringless":39j3dlc8 said:
Seattle49er":39j3dlc8 said:
ringless":39j3dlc8 said:
Decimation":39j3dlc8 said:

Right, it happens.

Nobody here complained about the Steeler/Cards game because it wasnt our team. Im sure the Cards forums were up in arms though, just like we are when we get screwed.

The discussion here is from the Cards fans getting bristly about acknowledging the "giveth" that they have gotten twice this year. In a division race that will likely come down to a game or two, its too bad (but inevitable) that human error got in the way of the results.

Considering the chip on the shoulder that some Cards fans have about Seattle though, we understand why that acknowledgement is harder to come by than the SF game. Cards fans want what we have, and any concession about the game two weeks ago threatens the ideal that you want so badly to believe in.

Kind of like hawk fans a few years ago with Niner fans :)

ringless

Reaction score
But why no complaints about this? Which cost a TD to what would have been a wide open Floyd in the end-zone but instead resulted in a 4th down...

Screen Shot 2015 12 02 at 102003 PM

Why no complaints about the prior drive where Floyd caught a TD, and instead the refs called it OPI and it wasn't even close.
Or the fact they refused to call a penalty on Pittsburgh until the 2nd half. They bailed the Steelers out of a safety on the vick hit to the shoulder pad which never even came close to touching helmet. Instead of at the very least punting from their end zone they got a 15 yard freebie. Otherwise that game is a blowout in the first half for the Cardinals. 2 touchdowns taken off the board.

@Cardschatter Oct 20
Finally saw a replay of a Michael Floyd OPI that negated a TD catch. ... I can see why Arians was upset.

@itmemikeallen Oct 18
Floyd sleep wth Hochuli's wife or something? How do you call the OPI but not the blatant DPI?

@timringTV Tim Ring Retweeted Mike Pereira
It's been a rough day for Ed's crew. Hopefully the league lets 'em all know about it this week.

Why no complaints when we played the Rams and recovered one fumble at the 5 yard line (Play was not reviewable) even though the play was clearly not even close to being over.

2 Plays prior to that we also quite possibly recovered a fumble.

Here is the point. Sure the 49ers game went for us. But we've had calls go against us. (Apparently those don't count?)

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ringless":14c5g6bw said:
But why no complaints about this? Which cost a TD to what would have been a wide open Floyd in the end-zone but instead resulted in a 4th down...

Why no complaints about the prior drive where Floyd caught a TD, and instead the refs called it OPI and it wasn't even close.
Or the fact they refused to call a penalty on Pittsburgh until the 2nd half. They bailed the Steelers out of a safety on the vick hit to the shoulder pad which never even came close to touching helmet. Instead of at the very least punting from their end zone they got a 15 yard freebie. Otherwise that game is a blowout in the first half for the Cardinals. 2 touchdowns taken off the board.

@Cardschatter Oct 20
Finally saw a replay of a Michael Floyd OPI that negated a TD catch. ... I can see why Arians was upset.

@itmemikeallen Oct 18
Floyd sleep wth Hochuli's wife or something? How do you call the OPI but not the blatant DPI?

It's been a rough day for Ed's crew. Hopefully the league lets 'em all know about it this week.

Why no complaints when we played the Rams and recovered one fumble at the 5 yard line (Play was not reviewable) even though the play was clearly not even close to being over.

Here is the point. Sure the 49ers game went for us. But we've had calls go against us. (Apparently those don't count?)

All valid points and legitimate gripes. I'm sure the Cards forums were irate.....just like we were after the debacle of the AZ game.

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that the refs only screw Seattle :)

There are just a few Cards fans scattered here and there who don't believe the refs utter incompetence in the Seattle-AZ game had any effect whatsoever.

Which is laughable. But again, its also understandable. Hard thing to admit under the circumstances.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":srsuy0tt said:

@Cardschatter Oct 20

@itmemikeallen Oct 18

Why would a Seahawk fan complain about the Cardinals getting hosed? We don't care. If the game the cards played in Seattle had been officiated fairly, your Cards would have lost in blowout fashion. We care about that game because our team was involved.

Polaris

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":31cr96op said:
Seattle49er":31cr96op said:
ringless":31cr96op said:
Decimation":31cr96op said:

Read the commentary on Football Outsiders right after that game. The authors of the site flatly tell us that going by strict DVOA Seattle blew the doors off Arizona that day (it was by DVOA one of Seattle's best days and one of Arizona's worst), and that Aaron said the only reason the game worked out the way it did was because of officiating disparity (and openly wondered how and if he should include that in his statistical model).

Now being who he is and the connections he has, Aaron couldn't quite go to where we have here, but it sounded to me when I read it that he was stepping just short of saying that unbalanced officiating was the primary factor in determining that game.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Polaris":1avgrhpg said:
Read the commentary on Football Outsiders right after that game. The authors of the site flatly tell us that going by strict DVOA Seattle blew the doors off Arizona that day (it was by DVOA one of Seattle's best days and one of Arizona's worst), and that Aaron said the only reason the game worked out the way it did was because of officiating disparity (and openly wondered how and if he should include that in his statistical model).

Now being who he is and the connections he has, Aaron couldn't quite go to where we have here, but it sounded to me when I read it that he was stepping just short of saying that unbalanced officiating was the primary factor in determining that game.

Yeh, ultimately it cost us, but we shouldn't have put ourselves in such a poor position. It's OK though, we'll get 'em next time, and then almost immediately after that again.