Cardinals might have to use silent count at home

ringless

Reaction score
@kentsomers 5m5 minutes ago
The 12-2 #azcardinals are working on using the silent count for Sunday’s home game vs. Packers, per Carson Palmer.

Arians said. “I don’t give a [sh-t] how much you get for your tickets. It ain’t worth it. . . . That’s why you buy the tickets.”

@darrenrovell Ticket biz insiders tell me Packers @ Cardinals game on 12/27 is going to look like it's at Lambeau there are so many people travelling. He follows up with it could be one of the highest fan road % to show up at a visiting venue.

It appears season ticket holders are putting their tickets up for sale because of all the snowbirds that are in town. Which we have a ton of as a lot have homes here during the winter.

One of my friends who has season tickets that have a face value of $82 just sold his for $450 each for a total of $900. About a $740 profit. I guess I can't really blame them.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't blame people for selling tickets as I have no idea what each individuals situation is, but as a diehard fan, if I had season tickets to my team (living out of state keeps me from doing so) and I had a team playing at a high level who has never won a super bowl, I'd do everything in my power to see every game possible in person in hopes that it was the year we won.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kidhawk":1qv4d4sj said:
I don't blame people for selling tickets as I have no idea what each individuals situation is, but as a diehard fan, if I had season tickets to my team (living out of state keeps me from doing so) and I had a team playing at a high level who has never won a super bowl, I'd do everything in my power to see every game possible in person in hopes that it was the year we won.

Which team was it that just recently started revoking season tix for people who put them up for sale too many times?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Almost nobody who lives in AZ is from AZ.

It will be a long time before that stadium is full of diehard Cards lifers. And until it is, visiting fans will be substantial in number.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":3w243k0p said:
kidhawk":3w243k0p said:

Which team was it that just recently started revoking season tix for people who put them up for sale too many times?

I hadn't heard of this actually happening to anyone, but I'd heard reminders that it could happen.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
hawknation2015":mwln7h9g said:
Playing for a first round bye, and they might be outnumbered in their own stadium? That's just sad.

So you didn't watch the Steelers game in Seattle a few weeks ago?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
ringless":2b5gfaqj said:
hawknation2015":2b5gfaqj said:
Playing for a first round bye, and they might be outnumbered in their own stadium? That's just sad.

The Hawks were not outnumbered in Seattle. Plenty of Stealers yes.

Reaction score
ringless":3k4s41tc said:
hawknation2015":3k4s41tc said:

Were there entirely too many Stealers fans at that game? ? Yes...

Did Hawks fans outnumber them at least 10 to 1?? Yes....

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":3g3cpa8b said:
ringless":3g3cpa8b said:
hawknation2015":3g3cpa8b said:

Half of the people that live here are from the Northern states. I think the price mark up of several hundred dollars is a little enticing for a lot of people as well. I guess we will see Sunday how bad it really is.

I guess if you pay $160 for something, and get offered $900 for it. It'd be pretty hard to turn down for the average person. Every other game it's a sea of red.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2015 12 23 at 104704 PM

Opening kickoff this year. I didn't have to go far. So I guess we can say it happens to everyone? Back to Back NFC Champs vs a Nobody (Cardinals)

I didn't realize so many people moved from Pittsburgh to Seattle like they do from Minnesota to Phoenix :stirthepot:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ringless":3exro6yi said:

Opening kickoff this year. I didn't have to go far. So I guess we can say it happens to everyone? Back to Back NFC Champs vs a Nobody (Cardinals)

I didn't realize so many people moved from Pittsburgh to Seattle like they do from Minnesota to Phoenix :stirthepot:

That doesn't show the Steelers outnumbering Seahawk fans. Don't be silly.

Maulbert

Reaction score
ringless":1ducxqzn said:
Chrome_Seahawk":1ducxqzn said:
ringless":1ducxqzn said:
hawknation2015":1ducxqzn said:

Have of the people that live here are from the Northern states. I think the price mark up of several hundred dollars is a little enticing for a lot of people as well. I guess we will see Sunday how bad it really is.

I guess if you pay $160 for something, and get offered $900 for it. It'd be pretty hard to turn down for the average person. Every other game it's a sea of red.

The fact is that the Cards never had the biggest fan base before they moved to Arizona, and it's expounded by their history of futility and a large snow bird population in Phoenix. The result is a larger amount of opposing fans than the average NFL team, no matter who they play. I'm not saying they don't have fans, but tell me this doesn't ring at least a little true.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
ringless":370oednl said:

FYI, that's a photo of the VISITING side of the field.

BigMeach

Reaction score
ringless":jjh4790i said:

I have that game DVR'd. Those 4 bottom sections are the only 4 sections in the stadium where you see that much yellow. Not to mention it's blury making the already yellow stand out more. The 10-1 ratio isn't very close either, it's more like 30-1 if not more.

I think it's funny you come to our forum and create this forum post and get so defensive though.

Largent80

Reaction score
I went to a game in the Kingdome in the mid 90's vs. GB and it was at least 50-50 in fans.