Seattle will cakewalk to the Super Bowl?

ringless

Reaction score
Stay tuned for a trial run this Sunday to see if some accuracy issues prevail. A relative of Carsons has reported that his injury may be a lot more serious than is being reported. Possible ligament issues that may require surgery. Apparently he is going to give it a go but is concerned. The surgery otherwise would be season ending. This is the same relative who reported his nerve damage in his shoulder was worse than the organization let on and was 100% spot on.

sutz

Reaction score
hate to hear about injury. regardless, I don't think anybody around here thinks that it will be some kind of cake walk.

three playoff games on the road doesn't sound very cakewalk-ey to me.

WillySchu

Reaction score
Didn't he stay in the game after having the finger popped back in? Did he seem to have any accuracy issues to you? The consensus seems to be that he didn't have any issues with it in that game. Any reason why accuracy issues would appear a week later?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I hope he's not injured, not only because the guy and the Cards don't deserve it, but because I genuinely believe we'd beat a Carson-led Cards twice on our way to Santa Clara.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
After that the ball was pretty much handed off. The issue isn't a pain issue. It's going to be an accuracy issue. I guess the damage was only discovered after the game as a lot of injuries don't seem so serious until later. His relative said it may be possible to have w special glove made. Idk.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
From Darren Urban's article up front on DJ :

Arians also dismissed the idea of having Matt Barkley active as third quarterback Sunday to hedge against the finger injury of Carson Palmer. Palmer is listed as probable despite being limited all week, and previously said the finger – which got hurt against the Eagles – was fine.

“(Carson) was throwing the ball really well Thursday and Friday,” Arians said, noting that Palmer’s reps on Wednesdays have been diminishing “since October.”

If he was "throwing the ball really well Thursday and Friday"... he should be nothing but better come Sunday afternoon.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":gmte1i6n said:
From Darren Urban's article up front on DJ :

Arians also dismissed the idea of having Matt Barkley active as third quarterback Sunday to hedge against the finger injury of Carson Palmer. Palmer is listed as probable despite being limited all week, and previously said the finger – which got hurt against the Eagles – was fine.

“(Carson) was throwing the ball really well Thursday and Friday,” Arians said, noting that Palmer’s reps on Wednesdays have been diminishing “since October.”

If he was "throwing the ball really well Thursday and Friday"... he should be nothing but better come Sunday afternoon.

That's also what Arians said before the Giants game last year. And then he missed the next 2-3 games. The issue is ball placement moving forward.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
ImageHere is a tweet. Also Palmer said he was fine and we only found out 90 minutes prior to the game hed miss that week. So don't take what Arians says as a fact.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think Palmer is fine. If he was truly hurt and they were worried it would be out yet no one is really talking about it.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hate to hear, was wondering at the time if there would be lingering affects but he seemed okay. As far as a cakewalk, I would think it would be the Panthers who would be the first to consider as having an easier path to the Super Bowl if Palmer was out.

Threedee

Reaction score
Clay Matthews will be aiming his helmet at a certain hand tomorrow, so Palmer will want to bring his A pocket awareness.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
So imagine Palmer gets injured and doesn't play in the play-offs we would have to first beat the Redskins and then the Panthers. Finally we face GB instead of AZ in the conference championship. That's hardly any easier.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Arians and Pete share a brain when it comes to reporting injuries.

A finger thing?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I could care less if he's hurt or not(not life threatning)The Cards chose to sign the aging QB which means the risk is higher for injury.As others have said the path to the SB is not a CAKEWALK there are other teams that are just as tough

rideaducati

Reaction score
Damn... Getting their excuses for losing ready already. I can't blame them, they KNOW Seattle is coming.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Rideaducati I knew you'd be excited as you come across as that type of person.

However if Carson has issues that would be a legitimate reason. Not a made up reason. But I know you'll twist it to fit your bs as usual

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Not all of us feel that way Ringless. I would prefer to beat the Cards with Palmer at full strength and Mathieu in.

Should you beat us, I'll be rooting for Fitz to get his ring. The guy deserves one.

-bsd

AZ_fan

Reaction score
ringless":1rkqnkbl said:
Rideaducati I knew you'd be excited as you come across as that type of person.

However if Carson has issues that would be a legitimate reason. Not a made up reason. But I know you'll twist it to fit your bs as usual

Yes he would.

I like that part he says "we KNOW Seattle is coming"... but honestly, are you worried?

Today's performance against the Rams just proves what I've pointed out from the start... and that is that Seattle's issues still exist... they've only been masked the last few weeks against mediocre competition.