No more undefeated teams.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Panthers fall to Falcons.
13-17

Well this is what I was going to post.
Falcons have figured out a way to give Cam the ball with 1:35 left.
???? What the heck ????

20-13 falcons FINAL

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
LOL, yea, even the refs couldn't do anything this time. Good job Quinny.

Truly, the only Panther loss I care about is their first playoff game of the year.

RussB

Reaction score
Glad to see that overly cocky team eat some humble pie. You shut down olsen and they dont know what to do lol.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
How do you lose to a team you beat 38-0 2 weeks ago

Wartooth

Reaction score
I miss Dan Quinn...
Good on him and the Falcons for popping that bubble!
It'll be interesting to see how the Panthers react to this.

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
Ambrose83":3kiwy6rr said:

Carolina without a doubt has the better roster than Atlanta, but Atlanta has the better coaching staff. Rivera and Newton got outcoached.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1xh087iq said:
Cam Newton's only outstanding qualification for MVP just evaporated. Too bad most of the votes have already been submitted.

yup.. He was annoited weeks ago. Just how it works.

RussB

Reaction score
Ambrose83":3qm4f6us said:
They where overrated. NY exposed them a little bit and atlanta finished the job.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Atlanta tried to give it to them twice too. Snap gets by Ryan when Falcons were in FG range. Cam goes 3 and out but they kick a FG.

Then Cam has two more oppurtunites and fails. Falcons could run out the clock, but somehow have 3 penalites to give Cam another shot. Fails again.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Smellyman":2ob14pj5 said:
Atlanta tried to give it to them twice too. Snap gets by Ryan when Falcons were in FG range. Cam goes 3 and out but they kick a FG.

Then Cam has two more oppurtunites and fails. Falcons could run out the clock, but somehow have 3 penalites to give Cam another shot. Fails again.

In other words, DAMN WE MISS DAN QUINN, at least when playing Carolina.

ctrcat

Reaction score
olyfan63":3v9sfmz7 said:
Smellyman":3v9sfmz7 said:

Can't say it is definitely not Quinn but I would not read TOO much into just the Quinn angle. The Panthers on offense only had 52 plays from scrimmage whereas they usually average about 15 more, so credit to Quinn and the Falcons overall in all phases. The previous week included a media chit storm after winning in NY/NJ, Christmas, Cam becoming a father, and another road game in a traditional house of horrors (Georgia Dome). Quinn himself did a great job taking advantage of the no respect angle on that day-but it was just one game.

JMO, but if the Hawks do not resign Irvin then they'd miss him A LOT more than Quinn when playing the Panthers. I know there's some Okung/Irvin/someone else either/or pick your poison in regards to letting go, just saying. Will be interesting to see who they chose.

olyfan63

Reaction score
ctrcat":1714650z said:
olyfan63":1714650z said:
Smellyman":1714650z said:

Can't say it is definitely not Quinn but I would not read TOO much into just the Quinn angle. The Panthers on offense only had 52 plays from scrimmage whereas they usually average about 15 more, so credit to Quinn and the Falcons overall in all phases. The previous week included a media chit storm after winning in NY/NJ, Christmas, Cam becoming a father, and another road game in a traditional house of horrors (Georgia Dome). Quinn himself did a great job taking advantage of the no respect angle on that day-but it was just one game.

JMO, but if the Hawks do not resign Irvin then they'd miss him A LOT more than Quinn when playing the Panthers. I know there's some Okung/Irvin/someone else either/or pick your poison in regards to letting go, just saying. Will be interesting to see who they chose.

Yeah, it's hard to say how much was Quinn and how much was Pete's scheme and the talent (and maybe luck with injuries), but this year at times we really miss that 2013-15 defense that got us to two Superb Owls. That group had the ability to make it almost a non-issue when the offense stunk. We're just hoping they reappear in the playoffs.

Thank you for the opponent view on Irvin. He is one of the few players in the league that can run down elite running QBs like Cam, Kaep, etc. I always felt that Irvin was one of the keys to "The Tip" that sent us to SB48 because Kaep knew he was there spying and that's what made Kaep elect to throw instead of run. Irvin has made key plays on Cam too, the last few meetings, just not so much the last time. If you see this about Irvin, then our coaching staff and FO for sure are tuned into it, and probably value him more highly than fans (and posters here) that just see him as an average LB.

Irvin and Okung probably both fall into the "you don't know what you had until it's gone" category. (With Quinn, we for sure knew) I suspect our FO will do everything they reasonably can to keep both players. We for sure missed Okung against the Rams...

Carolina and Arizona this year, to me, both have the "vibe" the 2013-14 SB48 champ Seahawks did. (Maybe we'll catch fire in the playoffs, in a good way) Carolina more so because their overall team and approach (running QB, bruising ground game, great defense, timely passing attack) I think some here put Arizona above Carolina right now, but I personally see Carolina as the more dangerous team for Seattle, because even if you shut down one thing, e.g., the running game, now Cam is a more developed QB who can better read defenses and make the throws. If Palmer is having a bad day (e.g., gets banged up by pass rush) Arizona has fewer alternatives. I also think some people here underestimate Cam's leadership (style) and how that team follows him.