Congrats Rams!

Barakas

Reaction score
You got some help but you swept us this year. Congrats!

Enjoy the feeling after your year is over and you are watching the Seahawks and the Cardinals in the playoffs. :lol:

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Well, we went 3-1 against you guys. We got hot too late.

Let's see if you guys can get it done on the road. You may not get WAS for once.

OP
OP
Barakas

Barakas

Reaction score
3-1? You mean you split with us last year and then you watched us play in the super bowl?

Yup, I suppose that is correct. Congrats.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Barakas":2jwo7pl8 said:
3-1? You mean you split with us last year and then you watched us play in the super bowl?

No, he brought up the the Cards.

Rams record against Cards and SEA in 2015 3-1

Looks like Cards will beat you guys next week and you'll either play in GB or MIN. Good luck with that. Momentum is a big deal going into the post season. I'll let you guys gauge how much you have.

But we're 3-1 against you guys the last two years, too. Feels like old times. We'll be strong next year, good luck.

chris98251

Reaction score
SuperMan28":irqj7wdb said:
Barakas":irqj7wdb said:

Looks like Cards will beat you guys next week and you'll either play in GB or MIN. Good luck with that. Momentum is a big deal going into the post season. I'll let you guys gauge how much you have.

But we're 3-1 against you guys the last two years, too. Feels like old times. We'll be strong next year, good luck.

Well the Rams and the Refs beat us at home, nothing the Rams did was unexpected.

Not sure why we decided to take the day off as a team, but enjoy your Super Bowl, next year is next year.

OP
OP
Barakas

Barakas

Reaction score
SuperMan28":2bjbxpww said:
Barakas":2bjbxpww said:

Ahh, my bad, I gotcha. The Cardinals have nothing to play for next week as the 2nd round seed is all locked up. Well, maybe they can still get the #1 seed but I'm not sure about that.

Either way, this loss today was just another in a long series of weird games with the Rams. Rams beat us fair and square but they did it with only 207 yards. The ball bounced squirmy today with that damn rain, which should be an advantage to the Seahawks, but today it wasn't. Having a couple of key starters sitting on the sideline wasn't helping either I'm sure.

Oh well, I think we came out of the game mostly healthy which is the most important thing and if the Vikings lose tonight it doesn't hurt our playoff seeding at all (and may not if they win if GB can pull their head out of their ass next week).

We'll find out in two weeks.

Oh, and as far as the Rams being strong next year. The Seahawks got bit by the injury bug this year something hard. Next year if everyone returns healthy we'll be in a pretty darn good position ourselves.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Barakas":2gqp0q8n said:
SuperMan28":2gqp0q8n said:
Barakas":2gqp0q8n said:

Ahh, my bad, I gotcha. The Cardinals have nothing to play for next week as the 2nd round seed is all locked up. Well, maybe they can still get the #1 seed but I'm not sure about that.

Either way, this loss today was just another in a long series of weird games with the Rams. Rams beat us fair and square but they did it with only 207 yards. The ball bounced squirmy today with that damn rain, which should be an advantage to the Seahawks, but today it wasn't. Having a couple of key starters sitting on the sideline wasn't helping either I'm sure.

Oh well, I think we came out of the game mostly healthy which is the most important thing and if the Vikings lose tonight it doesn't hurt our playoff seeding at all (and may not if they win if GB can pull their head out of their ass next week).

We'll find out in two weeks.

Oh, and as far as the Rams being strong next year. The Seahawks got bit by the injury bug this year something hard. Next year if everyone returns healthy we'll be in a pretty darn good position ourselves.

Agree, SEA isn't going anywhere.

And to be honest, I don't think anybody beats ARZ in the NFC. Good luck.

mikeak

Reaction score
How did the refs cost us this game? We were outplayed and couldn't hold on to the ball nor pick up fumbles on the geound

OP
OP
Barakas

Barakas

Reaction score
mikeak":3ha5fda8 said:
How did the refs cost us this game? We were outplayed and couldn't hold on to the ball nor pick up fumbles on the geound

I never said the refs cost us the game. I said they got some help and they did. Us fumbling in the 1st quarter on a 3rd and 1 leading to a TD return was definitely helpful to them. They only managed 207 yards of total offense so yes they needed some help to win this game.

Now, I will admit I was irked by the forward fumble in the 4th quarter where two refs were battling each other in calling the fumble for the Rams and Seahawks repeatedly. This isn't the first time this year where the Seahawk came out of the pile with the ball and yet somehow a ref has x-ray glasses and a slow motion time machine so they can see exactly what happened in slow motion to determine that the other team did in fact recover the ball fair and square.

Also, not to mention that you can actually advance the ball from a forward fumble if you are outside of the final two minutes of a half. Makes no sense that an offense can make a mistake like that and benefit from it. Recovering the ball should be enough to make up for the mistake but to benefit from moving it forward as well just seems against logic. If there was no advancing the ball on the recovery they would have had a 4th and 1.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Barakas":sy7zxv90 said:
mikeak":sy7zxv90 said:

I never said the refs cost us the game. I said they got some help and they did. Us fumbling in the 1st quarter on a 3rd and 1 leading to a TD return was definitely helpful to them. They only managed 207 yards of total offense so yes they needed some help to win this game.

Now, I will admit I was irked by the forward fumble in the 4th quarter where two refs were battling each other in calling the fumble for the Rams and Seahawks repeatedly. This isn't the first time this year where the Seahawk came out of the pile with the ball and yet somehow a ref has x-ray glasses and a slow motion time machine so they can see exactly what happened in slow motion to determine that the other team did in fact recover the ball fair and square.

Also, not to mention that you can actually advance the ball from a forward fumble if you are outside of the final two minutes of a half. Makes no sense that an offense can make a mistake like that and benefit from it. Recovering the ball should be enough to make up for the mistake but to benefit from moving it forward as well just seems against logic. If there was no advancing the ball on the recovery they would have had a 4th and 1.

This was what made the officiating look really bad. If it was just that play no one thinks a thing about it but it happened three times in this game THREE and two of those the Rams benefited from forward progress on the fumble and the the other time the Seahawks fumbled and recovered and the ball was brought back to the point of the fumble.

I don't think the officiating decided the game or the outcome. I think they were playing a meaningless game against a hated division rival that has made their lives hell for a decade and we were playing a meaningless game against an opponent we really don't care about in a game where a loss might just actually benefit us.

That being said I don't understand on our own home field how the officiating was so putridly favoring the Rams. To me that is ruining the game much more than anything else. Like winning against the Vikings it makes it hard to really enjoy it when you know the officiating is beyond putrid.

Good game today Rams fans. I believe you played better and deserved the win even if I don't like how the game was called.

mikeak

Reaction score
Fumbles outside of 2 minutes are played from spot of recovery. Within 2 minutes they can't be advanced.

Dislike the rule but you can hardly blame the refs for correctly following the rules...

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Why are these posts necessary? Is there some yearning for a Rams fan to answer back 'thank you and good luck in the playoffs, we love you guys too'.

OP
OP
Barakas

Barakas

Reaction score
mikeak":2pputv8x said:
Fumbles outside of 2 minutes are played from spot of recovery. Within 2 minutes they can't be advanced.

Dislike the rule but you can hardly blame the refs for correctly following the rules...

Who is blaming the refs for allowing the ball to advance on the fumble? I was saying the rule doesn't make sense. I never blamed the refs for correctly implementing it.

OP
OP
Barakas

Barakas

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":v9txg8zp said:
Why are these posts necessary? Is there some yearning for a Rams fan to answer back 'thank you and good luck in the playoffs, we love you guys too'.

For a long while I gently ribbed more than a few Rams fans that there was no way they beat us in Seattle. They did, so I'm eating crow while at the same time enjoying pointing out that we're in the playoffs and they will be watching it from their couches.

Good times...good times :)

PackerNation

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1ujle19v said:
This was what made the officiating look really bad.

Every year games and seasons are decided by very poor officiating. The real question is: When is the NFL going to fix it?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SuperMan28":nxdecho9 said:

Is Jeff Fisher getting fired or something? If not, I'll expect a split in 2016 with the Rams finishing 7-9 like they always do.

mikeak

Reaction score
Barakas":1mae6jfy said:
mikeak":1mae6jfy said:

Who is blaming the refs for allowing the ball to advance on the fumble? I was saying the rule doesn't make sense. I never blamed the refs for correctly implementing it.

I agree you didn't. You were very clear. Richansen that quoted you blamed the refs. Look above

Ramfan128

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2ge5j9cx said:
Barakas":2ge5j9cx said:
mikeak":2ge5j9cx said:

This was what made the officiating look really bad. If it was just that play no one thinks a thing about it but it happened three times in this game THREE and two of those the Rams benefited from forward progress on the fumble and the the other time the Seahawks fumbled and recovered and the ball was brought back to the point of the fumble.

I don't think the officiating decided the game or the outcome. I think they were playing a meaningless game against a hated division rival that has made their lives hell for a decade and we were playing a meaningless game against an opponent we really don't care about in a game where a loss might just actually benefit us.

That being said I don't understand on our own home field how the officiating was so putridly favoring the Rams. To me that is ruining the game much more than anything else. Like winning against the Vikings it makes it hard to really enjoy it when you know the officiating is beyond putrid.

Good game today Rams fans. I believe you played better and deserved the win even if I don't like how the game was called.

I didn't see more than maybe 1 blown call in the game. The fumble was clearly recovered by the Rams center and then he was down by contact. Had they ruled Seattle's ball, we would have challenged (it is a challengeable play) and likely won as there was an angle showing our guy securing the ball, as the broadcast showed.

They showed the replay of just about every call against Seattle and they were good calls. No way the officials were "favoring the Rams" in this game.

Latest posts