Chip Kelly Fired

mikeak

Reaction score
Titans played it smart, setup a trade, refuse the trade, get both QB and Coach

boom

drrew

Reaction score
He gambled and went cheap at G and it bit him in the ass all season. Outside of his general demeanor, probably #1 thing that cost him his job.

As mentioned above, the Titans should be all over this.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Oregon has an opening at offensive coordinator with Scott frost getting z head coach job. Come on back coach!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Yeah, like that was ever a shock. Go back to the NCAA like Harbaugh and Sabean. You can't cut it in the big leagues.

My day is just getting better and better by the minute.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
His east-west offense doesn't work at the NFL level unless you have superior athletes everywhere, which is near impossible when even backup linebackers run 4.5 or better in this league. His defense has been gassed and faded late in every year he's coached. More than that, he's sold himself as a culture coach and yet has alienated a lot of players and failed to get buy-in from his stars. The Eagles only fire him before Week 17 because they know the players have quit.

I don't see it working. He was gifted a stacked roster, and it fell apart. But the Titans always seem to hire the wrong guy, so we'll see? Word is, their ownership really wanted Dan Quinn a couple years ago but couldn't wait. I can see them favoring a defensive mind this time.

OrFan

Reaction score
The only place I see him going is back to school. His style is not something that will work with pro football.

Just another of many college coaches that thought they could change the NFL and be great. Most all of them end up back in school.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm curious how that will effect the roster. I would love to steal Fletcher Cox from their DL. Maybe they'll cut Maxwell :p

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Not surprised.

Trade away your best players and overpay for FA's and the result is a garbage team.

Rob12

Reaction score
He took a decent team and turned them into garbage. He failed, and not only as a HC but a talent evaluator at the NFL level as well.

In way over his head. Not saying he can't make it in the NFL one day. But he needs to be an OC under a good coach for a while before he should get another shot.