Relocation

HawkGA

Reaction score
Read an article today about St Louis submitting their stadium bid to the league. An interesting point came up in the article: possibly another team moving to St Louis if the Rams leave. Think that will happen? If so, which?

RedAlice

Reaction score
HawkGA":2gutdjah said:
Read an article today about St Louis submitting their stadium bid to the league. An interesting point came up in the article: possibly another team moving to St Louis if the Rams leave. Think that will happen? If so, which?

We really need one thread allocated to this topic.

Facts:

Dec 30 is the deadline for any city to submit their stadium proposal to the NFL.

Jan 4 is the date any team can file for relocation.

Jan 12-13 is the date that the NFL has called a sepcial meeting for all 32 team and it is expected the 32 will vote on relocation of any team who has requested to move.

It is expected that San Diego, Oakland, and St. Louis owners will file to move to LA.

It is also rumored, not known, that all parties have enough votes to block eachother and create a stalemate. It requres 24 to win, and 9 to block.

It is fact that StL is providing an "actionable" plan to the NFL by Dec 30. StL is proud of their plan, Kroenke has said zero.

On top of all of this, there are a zillion rumors, and a new article every day to spin it all......it's a mindblowing circus!!!!!

RedAlice

Reaction score
And I can guarantee you that Kroenke has the 9 to block.

Rumors are Spanos has way more than 9.

Jan 12 will not end this circus.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RedAlice":zus2uvkp said:
And I can guarantee you that Kroenke has the 9 to block.

Rumors are Spanos has way more than 9.

Jan 12 will not end this circus.

At least it is only a 3 ring circus. :mrgreen: :stirthepot:

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I either want the Rams in LA or out of the NFC West. I don't really care which.

I think it might be fun if the Raiders ended up in St. Louis. St. Louis could become the city for all of California's rejects!

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Is it just me or do the Rams fans seem a little testy about this topic?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":3l6ctflt said:
I either want the Rams in LA or out of the NFC West. I don't really care which.

I think it might be fun if the Raiders ended up in St. Louis. St. Louis could become the city for all of California's rejects!
A switch might just work but the problem is common sense and the NFL

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1bmaett8 said:
Subzero717":1bmaett8 said:
Raids to Portland
Portland/Oregon wouldn't spend the necessary coin to build a stadium and get a team here IMO. Would be a killer rivalry with the Hawks if they did though.
The Hawks wouldn't allow it. Portland is Seattle's territory.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Well if the Rams don't move to LA then they should re-align the divisions. St. Louis is not west...Minnesota is further west than St. Louis. Geography 101.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":29dzfha1 said:
hawksfansinceday1":29dzfha1 said:
Subzero717":29dzfha1 said:
Raids to Portland
Portland/Oregon wouldn't spend the necessary coin to build a stadium and get a team here IMO. Would be a killer rivalry with the Hawks if they did though.

Don't want them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":temqj63v said:
Sports Hernia":temqj63v said:
hawksfansinceday1":temqj63v said:
Subzero717":temqj63v said:
Raids to Portland

Don't want them.
I wouldn't either.

chris98251

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2ss0wb66 said:
Sports Hernia":2ss0wb66 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2ss0wb66 said:
Subzero717":2ss0wb66 said:
Raids to Portland

Don't want them.

Yeah, better off hoping for the Rams since the Chargers and Raiders will be in L.A..

Subzero717

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1byo8qmm said:
hawksfansinceday1":1byo8qmm said:
Subzero717":1byo8qmm said:
Raids to Portland
Not really. They have more Packer/Niner fans than Hawks. On top of that Im not really sure that matters the way it does in baseball. Its wishful thinking on my part. I think its a great fit and I need as many excuses as I can to go to Portland.

Portland isnt getting an NFL team.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Laloosh":jtbnarrr said:
RedAlice":jtbnarrr said:
We really need one thread allocated to this topic.

Will this one suffice?

Yes! Thank you so much Lovely Laloosh. Loves.

oh, and YES to whomever said Rams fans are testy on this topic. Problem is there are two types of Rams fans - fans of St. Louis, the city, and then there are fans of the Rams, the NFL team.

We are all in a stranglehold by the NFL right now and directly pivoted against each other by the NFL design of this whole circus.

It will end soon.

You will get: the St. Louis fans in the AFC West, or the LA Fans in the NFC West.

Time will tell. I'ts like the mad hatter is enjoying his tea.

Update for facts:

All three cities presented "something" by the Dec 30 deadline.

StL: a fully actionable plan. They bipassed a vote (which their MO State Legislator is protesting and has written a letter to Goodell telling him they WILL NOT fund the bonds the Gov of MO put in the plan).

StL also included a phantom $100 Million which Mcnair (Texans owner) told them to. He is on the LA committee. Goodell wrote a letter to St. Louis and told them this extra $100 Million is not approved by the NFL.

But, YES, technically - St. Louis has submitted an ACTIONABLE plan to the NFL.

#2.

San Diego submitted a 42 page proposal to the NFL. It calls for about the same amount of money from Spanos that St.L wants from Kroeke. BUT, and this is the big one: it needs a vote in San Diego in June of 2016.

Chargers response: No new info, no new response needed.

Oakland submitted I think a 5 page letter offering a portion of some space by the C for building and 8k in parking spaces, no public money.

Davis response: I guess they just don't want to play with us.

-----

Links to follow in case you are a relo masochist.

AND: all THREE owners have been called to New York NFL HQ next week for "talks."

the Vote is Jan 12-13 in Houston with all 32 owners.

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawkfan68":15beksyg said:
Well if the Rams don't move to LA then they should re-align the divisions. St. Louis is not west...Minnesota is further west than St. Louis. Geography 101.

What? you do know they built an Arch to the West and all that, right? :D

If Rams stay in St. Louis, I fully expect the NFL to re-align them to the AFC W with KC and Denver.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RedAlice":3guvsm38 said:
hawkfan68":3guvsm38 said:

What? you do know they built an Arch to the West and all that, right? :D

If Rams stay in St. Louis, I fully expect the NFL to re-align them to the AFC W with KC and Denver.

I thought it was half a McDonalds. They just did not finish it because they ran out of money??? :stirthepot: