Alex Mack

cheese22

Reaction score
I've read a couple different posts saying Alex Mack will be in Seattle next year. Where is this coming from or why are people saying this?

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
I posted in the NFL forum a question about whether he would be affordable... Only after he said "winning is important" as he enters free agency...

I didn't think the whole thing had legs but, like my college girlfriends, I may be mistaken...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He might be a target for us in FA, but I'm sure he will have his fair share of suitors.

I don't think Patrick Lewis is a bad option at center however. I think its the tackles that need addressing in a big way.

massari

Reaction score
8M per is a lot of money. I wonder if FA Wisniewski at 3M-4M + Lewis at 600k + Sokoli at 600k would be good enough to have playing Center next season?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":xl6egcju said:
He might be a target for us in FA, but I'm sure he will have his fair share of suitors.

I don't think Patrick Lewis is a bad option at center however. I think its the tackles that need addressing in a big way.
If Okung doesn't re-sign, I think both positions need addressed, badly.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":lan6rpkg said:
Hasselbeck":lan6rpkg said:

Patrick Lewis was doing great. He had a bad game. It's amazing how fast so many are ready to throw him under the bus, yet Okung has sucked most of his career and this same group wants to sell the farm for him.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":19v07ar4 said:
hawksfansinceday1":19v07ar4 said:
Hasselbeck":19v07ar4 said:

Patrick Lewis was doing great. He had a bad game. It's amazing how fast so many are ready to throw him under the bus, yet Okung has sucked most of his career and this same group wants to sell the farm for him.
Completely disagree with you on both players. Lewis IMO is an average at best NFL center and I'm not basing it on this past game as Unger got owned by Aaron Donald as well when he was a Hawk. At least he can make protection calls which Nowak couldn't do. I believe the C position for Seattle has under performed for the last 3 years minimum. (go watch the Super Bowl win vs. Denver and watch Pot Roast dominate Unger if you don't believe me)

Okung isn't Big Walt, but who is? When healthy, he's been a good LT for the Hawks. Not great mind you, but above average. Did you see Bailey and Gilliam get owned this past Sunday? That's the kind of tackle play we could be in for next year. Unfortunately, staying healthy has been a real challenge for Okung and if the team were to move on from him for that reason it would be understandable though I believe still a mistake IF the price for him were right (sadly, doubtful IMO). Watch to see the kind of money Okung is offered to find out what the rest of the league thinks of him vs. the other guys at the position around the NFL.