Super Bowl Speculation.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Is there any chance that the AFC wins it this year?

Literally yes, but "come on man".
Is there really a chance? Anybody what to speak on this?

marko358

Reaction score
Perhaps a decent chance if some of the banged up Pats players get back in time. But overall, no way.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Of course they have a chance, look what happened last year with the Hawks sustaining all those playoff injuries when IMO we were the better team.

But in general? I think the top 2-3 NFC teams (Hawks, Panther and Cards) are way better than the top AFC teams.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Pitt is winning.

But they arent really an AFC team. They are an original NFL team

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
rideaducati":2coddbvo said:
seahawkfreak":2coddbvo said:
KC ended the season pretty well

Against every team with a top ten draft pick next year.

Well that's obviously not true but a 10 game winning streak in the NFL is nothing to scoff at

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":3parcf95 said:
Pitt is winning.

But they arent really an AFC team. They are an original NFL team
They have no defense. How dare you pick them over Washington.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Steelers are very dangerous. The Patriots will get guys back.

So yeah the AFC has as good a shot as the NFC does.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Was having a beer after work today and the barkeep said, "SteAlers and Seahawks in SuperBowl, wait and see..."

I didn't argue.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1mho38e0 said:
Of course they have a chance, look what happened last year with the Hawks sustaining all those playoff injuries when IMO we were the better team.

But in general? I think the top 2-3 NFC teams (Hawks, Panther and Cards) are way better than the top AFC teams.

This is what I was thinking.
I guess we have the "any given Sunday" thing but I think this years top 3 NFC teams, far out class to top ACF teams that made the playoffs.

kearly

Reaction score
KC and Pittsburgh are two of the most dangerous wildcard teams in recent memory (alongside the Seahawks).

It wouldn't shock me at all if KC hosted Pittsburgh in the AFC championship game.

rideaducati

Reaction score
kearly":2jjj5hdu said:
KC and Pittsburgh are two of the most dangerous wildcard teams in recent memory (alongside the Seahawks).

It wouldn't shock me at all if KC hosted Pittsburgh in the AFC championship game.

I scoff at KC... I still don't think they're very good. The only reason they have a chance is because the top AFC teams are all limping into the playoffs while they are relatively healthy.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":1dfdg5au said:
kearly":1dfdg5au said:

I scoff at KC... I still don't think they're very good. The only reason they have a chance is because the top AFC teams are all limping into the playoffs while they are relatively healthy.

KC is very dangerous man. They play good ball and have a very good defense. They had some issues earlier in the year but have put those behind them. Remember, we lost to KC as well in their house a few years back. It's almost the same team, just without Charles. But their RBBC system is legit.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":2tsba2ct said:
rideaducati":2tsba2ct said:
kearly":2tsba2ct said:

KC is very dangerous man. They play good ball and have a very good defense. They had some issues earlier in the year but have put those behind them. Remember, we lost to KC as well in their house a few years back. It's almost the same team, just without Charles. But their RBBC system is legit.

I still can't think of any team being led by Alex Smith as a good team. Nope, can't do it.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
^^^^
Smith is playing pretty good football right now.
Think he ran for about 60-70 yards in last game too.
Might be a fluke season but can't really deny what he's done lately.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I'd pick the Patriots to beat any NFC team.

I'd pick the Steelers to beat the Panthers.

I don't think the Chiefs really have a shot.

I'd pick the Broncos to beat the Seahawks and Panthers.

Don't think the Bengals or Texans have a shot.

I wouldn't sleep on the Broncos - their defense could carry them through the AFC...and they are the type of defense that could dominate the Seahawks offense. Their pass rush is better than the Rams.

I think the AFC has a decent shot. You know they've won two of the past three super bowls, and all against NFC West teams?

Latest posts