RG3

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Who can salvage this dude?

He has too much talent not be awarded a second chance somewhere outside of DC. I would want him here but he'd be a life long back-up and I think he's got starter material in him.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I don't see it. He is an injury prone, smaller version of Kaepernick. They both have way to many issues to fix with too little time to fix them. Neither of them thought they actually needed to work on their craft because of early success and now they are so far behind the curve that it's almost not worth the time.

Sac

Reaction score
RG Me's biggest problem isn't his health. It's the entitled attitude that got him benched, moved to backup safety, and had his teammates quit on him that's the problem.

Keep him away.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
If it was possible to get him on a vet minimum (or close to it) contract he'd be an awesome backup that could at least provide entertainment in the case of disaster. However he has another year on his 1st round contract and a option that needs to be denied. I don't see the Redskins trading him and paying him to potentially play elsewhere. He will be on the bench for another year, and maybe it will help his career.

kearly

Reaction score
My guess is that RG3 will be cut and will clear waivers. His deal is structured in such a way that he has a base salary of $16.3 million in 2016, and all it takes is one injury for most or all of that money to essentially become guaranteed.

The only way a team would take on that contract was if they saw RG3 as a day 1 starter for them, but it seems much more likely that the NFL views RG3 as a backup until he redeems himself. Between his poor play, being injury prone, and reports of him being a jerk and a diva, I would be shocked if anyone saw him as being worth $16.3 million next season.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I could see the Cowboys picking up RG3. Jerry is a huge risk reward guy.... Mostly risk

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Plenty of teams need a real QB or a decent backup.
RG3 will have a job next season and make million(s). Shouldn't worry about a millionaire.
Jets, Eagles, 49ers, Boys, Texans, Browns, ... etc

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
rideaducati":2s4thpuo said:
I don't see it. He is an injury prone, smaller version of Kaepernick. They both have way to many issues to fix with too little time to fix them. Neither of them thought they actually needed to work on their craft because of early success and now they are so far behind the curve that it's almost not worth the time.
Exactly.

He wouldn't be able to really come in for Wilson and hold down the fort any time soon. By the time he gets close to being good enough to start somewhere (if ever) he will get paid by someone else.

Just draft someone

duckypoo

Reaction score
rjdriver":o249jgrg said:
I could see the Cowboys picking up RG3. Jerry is a huge risk reward guy.... Mostly risk
Well, he has a similar enough style to back up Manziel.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RGIII lives in his own head.

And that is NFL death. He is done. It is impossible to scheme for a guy who lives in his own head, no matter how talented.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
It's rare to see a young QB bounce back after his confidence has been shattered in such epic fashion. The confidence needed to perform at this level is precarious thing. Once it's gone, it's like that former guy never existed. Ask Josh Freeman. A shame, because I did think he was one of the most dynamic guys out there. But he's a shell of that player now. We've seen it happen a million times before, and those guys almost never make it back. As Scotte said, he is victim of his own mind now.

Big reason why I have a lot of respect for how Seattle has brought along Wilson. Accelerating him at just the right speed; maybe even a bit too slow. Ultimately, however, it was for the greater good.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
It seems the way most young quarterbacks come back is to sit for awhile and then work back into the game. A couple that come to mind are Steve young and Jim plunkett years ago. Their are a lot more josh Freeman's than the others sadly.

RG3 has had some significant injuries and has never been a drop back QB so a team picking him up is looking at a long road

NINEster

Reaction score
rideaducati":33tolxae said:

I'd leave Kap out of the "way too many issues to correct".

RG3 was given a full two seasons more or less, before being completely terminated this year.

Kap was only considered "an issue" starting last season, and his actual #s were a lot better than the narrative of his play. He was still throwing on average 50 yards a game more than Wilson for the majority of 2014, similar stats -- but not similar WINS.

This season with absolutely no support he has folded.

My guess is that Wilson in a similar situation would not fold to the same degree (I give him credit for great resilience), but he would suck on the 49ers this season for sure.

Just once I'd love to see Kap play in a system as QB friendly as the one Wilson plays in.

Once upon a time it was rather close, and the results were similar.

Then one's support system declined a lot faster than the other, and you saw what happened.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
NINEster":2j1moeo3 said:
rideaducati":2j1moeo3 said:

RG3 was given a full two seasons more or less, before being completely terminated this year.

Kap was only considered "an issue" starting last season, and his actual #s were a lot better than the narrative of his play. He was still throwing on average 50 yards a game more than Wilson for the majority of 2014, similar stats -- but not similar WINS.

My guess is that Wilson in a similar situation would not fold to the same degree (I give him credit for great resilience), but he would suck on the 49ers this season for sure.

Just once I'd love to see Kap play in a system as QB friendly as the one Wilson plays in.

Then one's support system declined a lot faster than the other, and you saw what happened.
The turning point was when we played in Washington in the playoffs. It was great seeing both young qbs play each other, and at that point there was still a debate about who was better. But then Griffin screwed up his knee and lost and went into the toilet whilst Wilson went the other way. That was really a tragedy -- I don't care if he's an asshole. We're so lucky we got Wilson, Schnieder, Carroll, Paul Allen.

GO HAWKS!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hopefully Jerry will trade for both Manziel and RG3 in the off season, that way he can keep his Cowboys front and center on the dumpster fire media front.

Whoring attention seems to be more important for Jerry than winning.

rideaducati

Reaction score
NINEster":2jq07gdh said:
rideaducati":2jq07gdh said:

You have it all wrong. Kaep has ALWAYS had issues. None of you niner fans thought there were issues because the team was winning...Hell, Kaepernick didn't even think he had issues until last season once they started losing, which explains why it took him until after his fourth season in the league to work on his throwing motion, footwork, accuracy, touch, and reading defenses. Do you think those issues only started AFTER four years in the league? No, he got away with having those issues because the TEAM was winning and now that the winning has stopped, Kaepernick isn't able to carry a team BECAUSE of those issues that he has ALWAYS had.

The "narrative" of his play BY FAR outpaced his actual numbers. Kaepernick took the NFL by storm and it took a while to figure him out, but they figured him out...and because of not working on his issues, Kaepernick wasn't able to grow beyond what had worked early on.

Russell took the NFL by storm too, but because he was CONSTANTLY working on his weaknesses, he was able to move on to the next thing he needed to when defenses started to catch up to him...which has just ADDED to his arsenal of weapons at his disposal. Kaep remained a one trick pony that believed that one trick was enough because it worked early on.

Kaep was in a friendly system and didn't think he had weaknesses and once he FINALLY figured out that he had weaknesses, he was dumb enough to believe that he could fix all of those issues in a six week period of ONE off-season.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
rideaducati":2it10xwg said:
NINEster":2it10xwg said:
rideaducati":2it10xwg said:

You have it all wrong. Kaep has ALWAYS had issues. None of you niner fans thought there were issues because the team was winning...Hell, Kaepernick didn't even think he had issues until last season once they started losing, which explains why it took him until after his fourth season in the league to work on his throwing motion, footwork, accuracy, touch, and reading defenses. Do you think those issues only started AFTER four years in the league? No, he got away with having those issues because the TEAM was winning and now that the winning has stopped, Kaepernick isn't able to carry a team BECAUSE of those issues that he has ALWAYS had.

The "narrative" of his play BY FAR outpaced his actual numbers. Kaepernick took the NFL by storm and it took a while to figure him out, but they figured him out...and because of not working on his issues, Kaepernick wasn't able to grow beyond what had worked early on.

Russell took the NFL by storm too, but because he was CONSTANTLY working on his weaknesses, he was able to move on to the next thing he needed to when defenses started to catch up to him...which has just ADDED to his arsenal of weapons at his disposal. Kaep remained a one trick pony that believed that one trick was enough because it worked early on.

Kaep was in a friendly system and didn't think he had weaknesses and once he FINALLY figured out that he had weaknesses, he was dumb enough to believe that he could fix all of those issues in a six week period of ONE off-season.

I was maybe a year early in my prediction, but I called this. I've long known Kaep wasn't gonna be anything special in this league.

SeAhAwKeR4life":2it10xwg said:
....All the same, I disagree on Kaep, I think we're gonna find when teams find away to take the option, he is gonna fail. I think Kaep is not gonna be around too long. I know a lot would disagree with me, but I really do have the feeling by the end of next season, niner fans are not gonna have so much love for him.

It's fun to be right, especially at the niners expense! :mrgreen:

Latest posts