Congrats to the Texans

Largent80

Reaction score
At one point they were similar to us at 2-5 and they got back on track and made the playoffs (bad division).

They do however, sill need a QB.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Largent80":1e888cwc said:
At one point they were similar to us at 2-5 and they got back on track and made the playoffs (bad division).

Eh, I don't think he's going to win games on his own for you but if he can stay healthy I think you can win with Brian Hoyer.

Project his 11 games to 16 games this year and we're talking a guy who threw for 3800 yards, 28 TDs, and 10 INTs, which is what Wilson was doing (while admittedly being more efficient) until he leveled up in the second half of this year.

If both Hoyer and Foster could have stayed healthy or they had anything that mattered behind Foster at RB I think we'd be talking about the Texans a little differently, TBH (meaning, we'd be talking about them at all).

Hoyer's probably got another three or four years in him too, meaning the Texans can take a guy like Wentz in the 2nd round and actually let him sit.

Save for maybe punter or kick returner RB is the easiest position to replace without much expenditure in the NFL too; I just think they got caught with their pants down there this year.

SF49r

Reaction score
Congrats to the Chiefs too, starting out 1-5 losing there star player to an ACL injury then riding a 10 game win streak into the playoffs at 11-5. Also broncos were 5-0 and the Chiefs nearly won the division. I think that's pretty damn impressive too.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
SF49r":2fqecjyc said:
Congrats to the Chiefs too, starting out 1-5 losing there star player to an ACL injury then riding a 10 game win streak into the playoffs at 11-5. Also broncos were 5-0 and the Chiefs nearly won the division. I think that's pretty damn impressive too.

Well, they now will play each other, which is kinda cool.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Texans aren't far from being a true contender.

If they could get a full season out of Clowney and a full season out of a top 10-12 QB, I think that they would be a force to be reckoned with.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
pmedic920":2pjzqzp6 said:

If they could get a full season out of Clowney and a full season out of a top 10-12 QB, I think that they would be a force to be reckoned with.

Definitely. With their defense, if they had a couple more cogs on offense, they'd look a lot like we do. I'm glad they won that division this year. While I kind of feel for Matty Hasselbeck, it's tiring seeing the Colts win that division year in and year out without even trying.

I'd even like playing them one more time this season.

kearly

Reaction score
If you swapped the Rams and Texans I'm not sure if anyone would be able to tell the difference. The Rams could win the AFC South, so I'm not surprised that the Texans did.

I think the Texans will get squished by the Chiefs. The Texans are 4-6 outside of their division, which is one of the worst in history.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pmedic920":spqkn86o said:

If they could get anything out of Clowney I imagine they'd be pretty happy.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3rnq632s said:
Largent80":3rnq632s said:

Eh, I don't think he's going to win games on his own for you but if he can stay healthy I think you can win with Brian Hoyer.

Project his 11 games to 16 games this year and we're talking a guy who threw for 3800 yards, 28 TDs, and 10 INTs, which is what Wilson was doing (while admittedly being more efficient) until he leveled up in the second half of this year.

If both Hoyer and Foster could have stayed healthy or they had anything that mattered behind Foster at RB I think we'd be talking about the Texans a little differently, TBH (meaning, we'd be talking about them at all).

Hoyer's probably got another three or four years in him too, meaning the Texans can take a guy like Wentz in the 2nd round and actually let him sit.

Save for maybe punter or kick returner RB is the easiest position to replace without much expenditure in the NFL too; I just think they got caught with their pants down there this year.

stick to being Popeye. Hoyer SUCKS ass.