The Best Wild-Card Road Teams Ever

hawknation2015

Reaction score
As of Tuesday morning, three of the four home teams in this weekend’s games are underdogs in Vegas, and you can make a good case that the fourth — Washington, which hosts Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers — should also be expected to lose. According to FiveThirtyEight’s Elo ratings, our favorite measure of a team’s strength at any given moment, this is the first time since 1990 that three home teams have been underdogs in the wild-card round

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the ... n-history/

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
What? You saying Las Vegas figured out what we and anybody else with functional brain cells already knew for weeks?

Like maybe the actual contenders are all wildcard teams because of the ridiculous schedule and insane bad luck they had? Well that's done and it's the time of year when the cream rises to the top. Looking at you Carolina and Arizona. Should be fun when we meet Kansas City or Pittsburgh February 7th.

It isn't like they already don't know it anyway. Enjoy it guys. Peaches and his scarf are on to something.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":f4wpx8iu said:
What? You saying Las Vegas figured out what we and anybody else with functional brain cells already knew for weeks?

Like maybe the actual contenders are all wildcard teams because of the ridiculous schedule and insane bad luck they had? Well that's done and it's the time of year when the cream rises to the top. Looking at you Carolina and Arizona. Should be fun when we meet Kansas City or Pittsburgh February 7th.

It isn't like they already don't know it anyway. Enjoy it guys. Peaches and his scarf are on to something.
Mmmmmm, I want Peaches' scarf on me. Rowwwwr!
Seriously, Hawks will not be favored next Sunday in Carolina if they beat Minny this weekend. I'll predict Carolina favored by 2 1/2. Could be as low as a pick 'em though.

Maulbert

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2z21d4r0 said:

A Seahawks-Chiefs SB would make my inner child scream for joy. In my formative NFL fandom years, I could have gone for either of them as my favorite team. Hawks all the way, but I still hold affection for the Chefs (spelling intended). Still root for them when not playing us.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I'll be surprised if Vegas doesn't have us next week as a pick em. I know we won't be favorites, but I'll be shocked if they even give Seattle 3. Tell me the next time you see a six seed go on the road to a 15-1 team and Vegas sets a pick em.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Holding true. road teams 3 for 3. Hopefully the Packers make it 3 for 4

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
CYZs7pEWAAA3vnz

Would not be shocked to see the Seahawks beat Carolina, Chiefs beat the Patriots, Pittsburgh beat Denver, and maybe Green Bay beat Arizona, even though none of the away teams are favored. GB over AZ is the least likely, but you can never tell with Aaron Rodgers.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Optimus25":3s0bgum8 said:
I'll be surprised if Vegas doesn't have us next week as a pick em. I know we won't be favorites, but I'll be shocked if they even give Seattle 3. Tell me the next time you see a six seed go on the road to a 15-1 team and Vegas sets a pick em.

Ok, but you might have to wait a while.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Kind of puts to bed the dispute about who should play the home game (division winner or the team with the better record).

Next week I think the teams with the best chances to win are the Chiefs and Seahawks.

I don't give the Steelers any shot being so banged up and playing a rested team in a hostile environment. And the Steelers D has overachieved all year. I'd guess Denver by 20+ in that one.

Packers just lost there a few weeks ago by 30. don't see what has changed since then.

Chiefs are hot but if I had to pick one place not to play, it'd be New England in January.

Seahawks and Panthers....who knows. The Panthers have been consistent all year long, and actually won a playoff game last year. But Seattle's defense is playing lights out. I think the Panthers will struggle on offense, which means it'll come down to their defense against the Seahawks offense. I'd go with Carolina because of the way Cam is playing this year.

I think all four top seeds win.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm not sure if we're talking best ever, or this is the best year ever for WC road teams.

You still have to give it to the 2007 and 2011 Giants as the best WC road teams ever. They got hot and beat a lot of teams that were overwhelmingly favored.