Kirk Cousins

HawkGA

Reaction score
I heard on the radio (I think it was 710, but might have been a Denver station since, well, that's what I listen to in the car) that Kirk Cousins might get paid more than Wilson next year (well, a bigger contract, don't know about "pay" in the year). I would be shocked. SHOCKED. If that happened. I think it was prefaced with "if he has a good run in the playoffs" but I don't know what a good run qualifies as and, well, unless it is to winning a Super Bowl, I just don't see it.

Think it will?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
HawkGA":13gwbwyu said:
I heard on the radio (I think it was 710, but might have been a Denver station since, well, that's what I listen to in the car) that Kirk Cousins might get paid more than Wilson next year (well, a bigger contract, don't know about "pay" in the year). I would be shocked. SHOCKED. If that happened. I think it was prefaced with "if he has a good run in the playoffs" but I don't know what a good run qualifies as and, well, unless it is to winning a Super Bowl, I just don't see it.

Think it will?

Lets wait until tomorrow until we talk big contract. If he looks like Hoyer he won't be getting any kind of big contract. If he lights it up, decent chance he gets paid like an upper-tier QB, I doubt he gets paid more than RW though.

chris98251

Reaction score
Franchise tag is why, now given his success who would offer two firsts for a proven QB that is young versus the draft crapshoot.

Texans based on what I am watching now, Eagles maybe, Bills maybe, Jets possibly, Cowboys if Johnny Football doesn't get cut, but then what about Romo?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Luck also should be in the mix to get a new contract or extension right...If they use his 5th year I think he will still be paid 17+ million.

EDIT to my post

Looks like Colts picked up his 5th year option and cheaped out somehow unlike us. He will make 16 million but I guess they could extend him this offseason since he is going into his last year.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Cousins has Washington by the balls.

They've just had their best season for years with genuine light at the end of that long dark tunnel.

And letting Cousins walk off into the sunset will send them back to square one.

All he has to do is insist he wants to test the market and see what's out there.

That will equal the franchise tag or a mega offer.

Washington are going to get screwed.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":26tmx8ip said:
Cousins has Washington by the balls.

They've just had their best season for years with genuine light at the end of that long dark tunnel.

And letting Cousins walk off into the sunset will send them back to square one.

All he has to do is insist he wants to test the market and see what's out there.

That will equal the franchise tag or a mega offer.

Washington are going to get screwed.

Tannehill got 19 mil a year avg...I dont see why Cousins wouldnt at least match that..he was really good down the stretch.

kearly

Reaction score
He'll get franchised. No way he hits UFA any time soon. But if he did, he'd probably be the highest paid NFL QB simply because top 10 QBs almost never hit UFA. And at this point, Cousins is playing like a top 10 QB. His career arc is eerily similar to Matt Hasselbeck. This is basically the same season Hasselbeck went through in 2002 after years of sucking.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Tht isn't all that strange. Cap is rising again and the Skins finally feel like they have a QB worth something for the first time since RG3's rookie season. They won't let him go no matter what.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
If he beats A. Rodgers, shouldn't he asked to be paid more than Aaron Rodgers? At least, if I were his agent, that's the way I would play it.
If he loses, he can still ask to be paid like Tannerhill, who has never been to the playoffs.
Either way, he wins.
This will simply add him to the list of QBs hated by Michael Bennett. Remember what Michael Bennett said about QBs who get paid?

sc85sis

Reaction score
I'm happy for Kirk. Based on everything I've ever heard or read about him, he's a genuinely good guy and a real leader. He's never going to be someone who is considered a really physically-gifted guy, but he will work his butt off to make the most of the talent he does have.

Edited to add:

This is the video that made me a fan of Kirk the person.

[youtube]tp15N9BbYgY[/youtube]

enamel

Reaction score
Let's not forget this is the team that paid Albert Haynesworth $100 million.

el capitan

Reaction score
Also he owns the greatest play of the season.

1st & goal from the six with 6 seconds left in the half and no timeouts, and HE TAKES A KNEE. GENIUS.

kearly

Reaction score
el capitan":2ojqvjr1 said:
Also he owns the greatest play of the season.

1st & goal from the six with 6 seconds left in the half and no timeouts, and HE TAKES A KNEE. GENIUS.

Now I see more Hasselbeck in him than ever.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Well he definitely isn't getting that RW money now.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
It'd be a huge mistake for them to go all-in at this point, IMO.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/charlesrobinson/status/686351778154176512[/tweet]

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1z081wiz said:

Whoa, now that is a stat right there.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I will always wish the best for Kirk. See, I am from his hometown of Holland, MI. I saw him play football for Holland Christian HS against my Nephew(Zeeland HS) and my son(Holland HS). He is a rather BIG deal out here and does a lot of charity work through Hope College for youth. The ONLY time I wont root for him is if he is playing the Seahawks. Other than that, I always want him to do very well.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
If Ryan Tannerhill can get paid. If Sam Bradford can get paid. If the kid in Detroit (Stafford?) can get paid, then Kirk will get paid.
DavidSeven":3b44t4bm said:

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
joeseahawks":gxw037we said:
If Ryan Tannerhill can get paid. If Sam Bradford can get paid. If the kid in Detroit (Stafford?) can get paid, then Kirk will get paid.
DavidSeven":gxw037we said:

A franchise QB is very hard to come by. Some teams (like Miami) are so desperate for a franchise QB, and get duped because they didn't do their due diligence.