49ers coaching search continues...

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kyle_McLorgBASG/status/686319864202461185[/tweet]

EDIT: As posted in the thread, Hue Jackson to the Browns.

49ers coaching search continues.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Who to believe...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mikesilver/status/686322284349407232[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/686322507708633089[/tweet]

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The guy reporting it has previous. Called Kaepernick contract & benching.

Interview with Browns might be a Rooney rule thing where it's convenient for the Browns and Jackson is willing to hear them out.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Twitter is such a joke. "Reporters" just slinging crap hoping to scoop everyone.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The lure to go home stronger than his common sense IMO. This likely won't end well for him as Trent And Jedthro continue the Keystone Cops routine.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mikesilver/status/686338018383278080[/tweet]

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So if you're Hue and your choices for a HC position are the Niners or the Browns, do you just say "nah, I'm good here" and wait til next year?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep, it would be a good hire, probably the best case scenario for SF, but With Jedthro and the Trentster still running that dumpster fire it may not matter much.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeatownJay":10oerwxi said:
So if you're Hue and your choices for a HC position are the Niners or the Browns, do you just say "nah, I'm good here" and wait til next year?
I'd wait for another position to open next year. One where you have some serious say in who the GM is, and has a good young foundation in place.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
I believe that hiring Hue Jackson represents the best case scenario for the 49ers. I thought for certain they would be bent on hiring a "name" coach, which would have likely led them to a older retread.

Wildcard in all of this could be the Bengals. If they fire Lewis tomorrow, they could try and make a quick play to hire Jackson as HC. But I think that Jackson may prefer a West Coast destination.

NINEster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2txr1f66 said:
Yep, it would be a good hire, probably the best case scenario for SF, but With Jedthro and the Trentster still running that dumpster fire it may not matter much.

You know, I realized that York gave Nolan roughly 3 seasons of below mediocrity before canning him.

Singletary had roughly 2 seasons of continued garbage.

Harbaugh was a unique situation. You'd have to ask how the hell could a very successful HC drive himself out of an organization that fast after so much success. NOBODY has ever seen anything remotely like that, ever. Guy might be a great head coach, but he had to have quite a few POS things along the way. Whether or not you can justify keeping him is irrelevant.......I highly doubt the Yorks just fire people that easily...for fun.

I think York and Baalke were a bit short sighted, but at the same time don't think they are the absolute dumpster fire people want to make them out to be.

A good head coach should be able to come in, have some success and last some time.

Nobody lasts forever.

49ers have decent talent, a good draft pick and tons of cap space.

Giants have nothing on defense, Browns I don't know either.

But based on pure talent, the 49ers are better than most teams out there.

Let's not forget who was in the NFCC 3 years running..........you think HARBAUGH all by himself did that?

Come on.

A few players were lost, but at the same time there's real cap space and draft muscle that hasn't been available in some to deal with that replenishment.

chris98251

Reaction score
NINEster":1httwyau said:
Sports Hernia":1httwyau said:

You know, I realized that York gave Nolan roughly 3 seasons of below mediocrity before canning him.

Singletary had roughly 2 seasons of continued garbage.

Harbaugh was a unique situation. You'd have to ask how the hell could a very successful HC drive himself out of an organization that fast after so much success. NOBODY has ever seen anything remotely like that, ever. Guy might be a great head coach, but he had to have quite a few POS things along the way. Whether or not you can justify keeping him is irrelevant.......I highly doubt the Yorks just fire people that easily...for fun.

I think York and Baalke were a bit short sighted, but at the same time don't think they are the absolute dumpster fire people want to make them out to be.

A good head coach should be able to come in, have some success and last some time.

Nobody lasts forever.

49ers have decent talent, a good draft pick and tons of cap space.

Giants have nothing on defense, Browns I don't know either.

But based on pure talent, the 49ers are better than most teams out there.

Let's not forget who was in the NFCC 3 years running..........you think HARBAUGH all by himself did that?

Come on.

A few players were lost, but at the same time there's real cap space and draft muscle that hasn't been available in some to deal with that replenishment.

Had decent talent,
Plenty of picks maybe, but quantity doesn't matter if you can't pick quality, based on the last few drafts.
Your going to need a lot of money to pay guys to come to the dumpster that is presently the 49ers.

Keep telling yourself that, as more guys retire and leave.

Yes

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Giants now in play for Jackson.

if that's real and not just leverage by Jackson's people, I think going to the Giants makes a lot of sense for him.

FWIW he had a five hour interview with the 9ers yesterday. Unlike some teams though, under York and Baalke the 9ers have never made an offer after at the conclusion of an interview, so I wouldn't read much into that.

I think Hue's also been around for long enough to know better than to take an offer before hearing everyone else out.

Basically, if there's a 2nd meeting I think it's safe to say that he's the next 9ers coach, but if not and if the Giants offer, that's where he is (and should be, IMO) going.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1ygb1aoi said:
Giants now in play for Jackson.

if that's real and not just leverage by Jackson's people, I think going to the Giants makes a lot of sense for him.

FWIW he had a five hour interview with the 9ers yesterday. Unlike some teams though, under York and Baalke the 9ers have never made an offer after at the conclusion of an interview, so I wouldn't read much into that.

I think Hue's also been around for long enough to know better than to take an offer before hearing everyone else out.

Basically, if there's a 2nd meeting I think it's safe to say that he's the next 9ers coach, but if not and if the Giants offer, that's where he is (and should be, IMO) going.

Yeah...looks like they put in the request to interview yesterday.

I dunno, I think NY would be a good choice for Hue, but not sure he's the choice there in NY. I don't see the Maras making that hire. The other guys (McAdoo, SMith, Marrone) make more sense for them.

Who knows tho. Hopefully this plays out soon.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Yeah, agreed about those other guys, but they've already interviewed all of them, right?

if they feel the same way as you and I I'm not too sure why they'd be putting in a late request for Jackson, assuming of course that they actually do and this isn't just about leverage.

It could be for the compensation package, or it could be for control in final say when disagreements arise (as would make sense knowing the personalities of both Baalke and Jackson). For the GM to have final say on draft picks and FA signings is totally standard, just as for the HC to final say on the active 46 is totally standard. My guess (and it's really a guess) is that more often than not the wiggle room in final say occurs for the 53, and is something that might be negotiated, particularly with two personalities like these.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/686680414862180352[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/686688880595177477[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/686689078520102912[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":1yfd5txz said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/686680414862180352[/tweet]

Yeah...been following all day.

To be honest I don't know who to believe. Starting to remind me of when Harbaugh was hired. He was a "done deal" in SF, then "Not so fast, Miami Owner flying in", to "He's going back to Stanford", to finally actually signing in SF.

No idea what's real, what's misdirect, and whats flat BS. I just hope it ends soon so we'll know.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Case in point...lol.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
Been told no offer from #Browns to Hue Jackson yet, no talk yet of a large role in personnel

So which is it?