Fearless Divisional Round Prediction Thread

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
OK, why not eh?

I'll go AFC first.

Much as I hate the Stealers and would like to beat them in the Superb Owl, I think Peyton's Broncos will prove too much for them, especially with Rapistburger's bum shoulder. There's reason to suspect Brown's concussion is faked. But even if it is, Rapistburger's arm could become a big factor.

Shittsburgh Stealers 13
Dumbver Donkeys 31

I think the Chiefs are the AFC's most complete team. No big stars, but a lot of journeymen who just get it done and win. The Cheatriots have been inconsistent this year and while my second favorite Owl matchup would be beating them, I think the Chefs will take this. I think an all AFC west Championship game would rock. I'm less confident about the Chefs, because if the Cheatriots, Brady and Gronk get it going, and we factor in that they will cheat in some way, and that the NFL might advise refs to call their way if at all possible, could easily prove me wrong, but for my pick, going with the Chefs.

Kansas Pity Chefs 24
New Funkland Cheatriots 20

Now for the real conference....

Green Bay and Arizona would seem to be obvious. AZ beat them soundly, but Rogers has got some of his groove back and they sure laid it on in Washington, but still that was in Washington against the Deadskins. Not gonna have it so easy in Glendale. I think Plamers finger could be a factor, but the Tards have been consistently good all season, and with the sound beatdown they gave the Slackers last time, I don't see GB coming out ahead in this one, but it should be a better game than last time. Still I got AZ taking them down in a second matchup.

Green Day Slackers 16
Arizonedout Tards 27

Now for the real game....

I think the cold was a huge factor yesterday. Our guys are not used to it, and Russel didn't even show up till the 4th quarter. Thank god he finally did. While I would have expected a bit more of our team, it's a win and I am overjoyed to have any win in a playoff game. While Carolina beat us earlier in the season, they beat the Seahawks of the first half of the season. IDK why but I have a feeling we are gonna open a can of whoopass on the kitty cats. I don't think it will be a close game, but I think it will be a high scorer compared to last week's I think Russell gets his groove back, Beastmode plays and shit stomps Carolina. I also think we finally get a pick six in this game, and would not be surprised to see Lockett take one to the hous. I wouldn't be surprised if it starts in shootout fashion, but I think the second half will be all Seahawks.

Seattle (Super) Seahawks 38
Carolina Pussy Cats 24

Would be cool to have an all West Championship round and I think it's entirely possible.

Well that was fun, wasting 10 minutes on this post, can't wait for Sunday!
:icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new: :icon_jig: :icon_new:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm with you on all the games except the Donkos.

But I need to wait to see if Rapelessburger and Brown are halfway healthy enough to play. I hate the Broncos, and think the Steelers D will send Manning off to the glue farm in a body bag.

He's done, can't throw a ball more than 15 yard and is as immobile as a statue in central park...........so I have no idea if the Steelers are even 80% healthy how anyone thinks the Broncos can score if their run game's shut down, which it has been for weeks.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I can't wait to read the responses telling you to take the Prancers seriously. Those are the best.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I think KC comes to realize that they are in the playoffs and they lay an egg. They are down to one receiving threat and Alex Smith is not good. The Pats win by 10.

Speaking of Alex Smith... Alex Smith makes games so fun to watch... The Stealer/Donko will feature two QBs that CAN'T throw the ball more than 5 yards. I can't wait to watch TWO teams going at each other with what equates to Alex Smith at QB. I don't care which team wins, but I think the Donko defense wins this game 13-10.

Packers/Cards? Who cares? I hope they both lose. I would rather have the Seahawks play Arizona because it is more of a rivalry.

Seahawks win like the last two times these teams have met in the playoffs. 30+ to teens.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":24140y9e said:
Waiting to see if Rapistberger plays before making predictions but looking forward to it.

Latest report has him as probable BUT Antonio Brown is doubtful.. and to me thats as big of a loss as Ben.

I think if Ben and Antonio play.. Pittsburgh wins. If one or both miss, Denver moves on.

Other game I like New England, even though Kansas City has been on a roll.

NFC I think the Cardinals roll again and I of course like Seattle over Carolina.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think KC's defense will give the Pats a ton of problems but their offense wont be able to muster enough to take them down at home.
Healthy Pittsburg beats Denver, reluctant to take them in their current state
Cards in a shootout
Good guys over the Panthers

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Interesting everyone picks the Seahawks over the Panthers - what is the reasoning? Panthers coming off a bye, early start time (which apparently is a big factor for Seattle according to y'all), Seahawks just finished a physical game in freezing temps - I would figure the Panthers would out-muscle the Seahawks in an ugly game at home...

What gives? Is it homerism (my fallback for every Cardinals pick)?

rideaducati

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":tovazfgp said:
Interesting everyone picks the Seahawks over the Panthers - what is the reasoning? Panthers coming off a bye, early start time (which apparently is a big factor for Seattle according to y'all), Seahawks just finished a physical game in freezing temps - I would figure the Panthers would out-muscle the Seahawks in an ugly game at home...

I don't like beer at 10am...what can I say?

You don't "figure" it will be an ugly game with the Prancers winning...you HOPE that is the case because you don't want to see the Seahawks again.

We'll be coming for you next week.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
rideaducati":2gcef3wx said:
b8rtm8nn":2gcef3wx said:

You don't "figure" it will be an ugly game with the Prancers winning...you HOPE that is the case because you don't want to see the Seahawks again.

You are assuming that we win, I can't make such an assumption. This is our first playoff game since Kurt Warner, ignoring last years limping, three legged, half blind dog of a team we put on the field.

rideaducati

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":2xvlo6l4 said:
rideaducati":2xvlo6l4 said:
b8rtm8nn":2xvlo6l4 said:

You are assuming that we win, I can't make such an assumption. This is our first playoff game since Kurt Warner, ignoring last years limping, three legged, half blind dog of a team we put on the field.

Yes, I am assuming the cards beat the pack...and so should you. Your cards are the better team. Have fun.. What is the worst thing that can happen? Being wrong? That is what makes this so fun...the worst thing that can happen is that you were wrong and you have to take a little ribbing...big deal. Talk trash. Grow a pair. Have fun. Being wrong isn't going to hurt you.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
rideaducati":wwx0kas9 said:
Yes, I am assuming the cards beat the pack...and so should you. Your cards are the better team. Have fun.. What is the worst thing that can happen? Being wrong? That is what makes this so fun...the worst thing that can happen is that you were wrong and you have to take a little ribbing...big deal. Talk trash. Grow a pair. Have fun. Being wrong isn't going to hurt you.

Fair enough, I'm mouthy and aggressive with things I control, not football played by others, but I'll enter your trash talking world going forward.

rideaducati

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":3dk64bos said:
rideaducati":3dk64bos said:

Fair enough, I'm mouthy and aggressive with things I control, not football played by others, but I'll enter your trash talking world going forward.

I enjoy the back and forth banter. The guys that come back after being wrong EARN respect by doing so and usually fall into some pretty good football conversations throughout the rest of the season. It's these "drive by" posters that are here and gone after their loss that take away all the fun. They don't give us a chance to gloat.

It sure is nice to have a team that continually backs up my smack. Good time to be a Seahawk fan.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":upus89ik said:

Because I truly think we're the better team. Just like I think the two best teams in the NFC both reside in the NFC West.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":wk7f62lw said:

Yeah, it's 50% homer, but the other 50% is we've beat Carolina A LOT over the past 3-4 years, so this is not a bad matchup game for the Hawks............especially on the defensive side of the ball.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Arizona will handle Green Bay (again).

Seattle vs. Carolina is an even money game in my mind. I'll go homer and say Seattle gets another lucky bounce (or kick).

I can't see KC overcoming the Pats at home. So, Pats.

Pittsburgh vs. Denver is going to be monumentally ugly, but I think Denver's defense is going to play out of its mind.

NFC Championship game: Seattle @ Arizona
AFC Championship game: New England @ Denver

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I can't see Pittsburgh even standing any chance with nearly all it's important offensive players not playing. The Broncos aren't in great shape either but they're not THAT bad. Easy win for the Broncos.

Pats vs KC will probably be a great game. I still have a feeling that Alex Smith will choke. He wasn't even that good in a 30-0 shutout win. I can't really see them win a shootout against the Pats.

AFCCG: Patriots @ Broncos

Packers vs Cards could actually be a close game. We haven't seen AZ play since they got blown out by us in week 17. Packers on the other hand come of a very convincing win against a team that was deemed stronger than them. I'm going on a whim here and take momentum over consistency, especially with concerns on Palmer's hand.

Seahawks vs Panthers will most likely turn out to be the best game of the divisional round. These are the two teams everyone is talking about and whoever wins this one will probably go on to win it all. The thing I'm relying on in this game is that we are playing better now than in our reg season game against the Panths, while the Panthers play the same or even regressed slightly. I also think Russ is way more clutch than Cam, especially in the play-offs. Seattle win in a very hard fought game.

NFCCG: Seahawks @ Packers