Help the Hawks

gaucho

Reaction score
Hi Guys -

49ers fan here, but I come in peace. I'm interested in pressuring the NFL to abolish (or at least drastically reduce) 10am start times. I worked with the niners to get data showing that these morning "body clock" start times are absurdly unfair. For context, the fact that you guys played at 10 on Sunday was 2x as important as playing without Marshawn.

I wrote a paper that will be published in February. York already sent it to Goddell, and will be discussing it at the winter meetings.

You guys being scheduled to play at 10 in Minnesota would have been great for me publicity wise, had you just lost that game. Unfortunately (I kid) you guys won. Fortunately it was very close, and you have another chance to lose a morning game this sunday (again, I kid).

So I'm here looking for help. I imagine the league only makes a change if pressured to do so. TV contracts make it more profitable to have these early games (as I understand it, a large reason is to prevent shared markets like SF and Oakland from being head to head, although that doesn't explain why you guys get stuck with them too). However, if fans are loud enough, I think they'll bend.

So how do I get fans to be loud? I scratched out this article yesterday.
http://www.goo.gl/GxN7Bx
I emailed a couple of seahawk writers, an NFL.com guy and a football outsiders contact that I have. So far all I've gotten is a guest article in FO when the 2016 schedule comes out. I'd like to take advantage of the current spotlight, if possible. Any suggestions (both for who I send it/ how I publicize it and for how I could strengthen the argument)?

Thanks

rideaducati

Reaction score
Get it to Pat Kirwan. He has friends all over and can help get you pointed in the right direction. He is on siriusxm moving the chains and has his own website called "the real football network"...look it up, shoot him an email and I guarantee he will help you out.

OP
OP
G

gaucho

Reaction score
rideaducati":2bg6vndu said:
Get it to Pat Kirwan. He has friends all over and can help get you pointed in the right direction. He is on siriusxm moving the chains and has his own website called "the real football network"...look it up, shoot him an email and I guarantee he will help you out.

Awesome, thanks man, I will.

And yeah, getting other teams involved is a good call also.

rideaducati

Reaction score
gaucho":gb57mqmh said:
rideaducati":gb57mqmh said:

Are you gaucho from webzone? If so, please tell me your "report" isn't written like your webzone posts or in crayon...

Willyeye

Reaction score
One thing I wanted to point out to you, Gaucho. If yesterday's game had been at 4:00PM local time in Minneapolis, the temps would have been even colder than at 1:00PM. This might be something you want to take into consideration when making recommendations. You could be screwing the Hawks and 49ers occasionally. BTW, I'm hoping and praying that the Chargers and Raiders end up moving to L.A. Then maybe they can move the Rams to the AFCW. I hate that the Hawks have to play the Rams twice a season, because they seem to always lead with their helmets and try to injure players. Suggest that to Goodell also. This move would equal a lot less traveling for a lot of teams. Denver and KC would be pretty close to St. Louis.

OP
OP
G

gaucho

Reaction score
rideaducati":1ozkhqgz said:
gaucho":1ozkhqgz said:
rideaducati":1ozkhqgz said:

Are you gaucho from webzone? If so, please tell me your "report" isn't written like your webzone posts or in crayon...

There's an imposter?!?!

OP
OP
G

gaucho

Reaction score
Willyeye":2mpdjmix said:
One thing I wanted to point out to you, Gaucho. If yesterday's game had been at 4:00PM local time in Minneapolis, the temps would have been even colder than at 1:00PM. This might be something you want to take into consideration when making recommendations. You could be screwing the Hawks and 49ers occasionally. BTW, I'm hoping and praying that the Chargers and Raiders end up moving to L.A. Then maybe they can move the Rams to the AFCW. I hate that the Hawks have to play the Rams twice a season, because they seem to always lead with their helmets and try to injure players. Suggest that to Goodell also. This move would equal a lot less traveling for a lot of teams. Denver and KC would be pretty close to St. Louis.

Good point.
My aim is to get rid of regular season morning starts. The data is pretty compelling to suggest that it would help both of our teams.

PanthersFan89

Reaction score
If only, in some alternate reality, there existed a way in which the Seahawks could've beaten the Rams or Bengals or Panthers. In that world, perhaps, the Seahawks would've earned a first-round bye and wouldn't have to play a "morning" kick, even if it'll be afternoon where it's kicked off (Hey, it's morning somewhere for every single game that has ever been played). Perhaps in that world, the Seahawks fans could've brought their humongous signs into their stadium. They could have pulled the alarm on the opposing team's hotel at 4 in the morning on the day before the game, too.

But they didn't do any of those games, and the NFL owes a SIX SEED NOTHING to ensure that it has the best chance to win possible. Sorry, it doesn't.

Maybe next year you can win a few more games and host a playoff game. Until then, nothing.

Why should East Coast fans, who HATE 4 or 4:25 p.m. kicks, be inconvenienced based on the visiting team, a weaker one who didn't win as many games in the regular season. How is it even an inconvenience, given that Seattle will likely travel on Friday and thus have no issue with the time change?

Get over it.

rideaducati

Reaction score
PanthersFan89":nru70log said:
If only, in some alternate reality, there existed a way in which the Seahawks could've beaten the Rams or Bengals or Panthers. In that world, perhaps, the Seahawks would've earned a first-round bye and wouldn't have to play a "morning" kick, even if it'll be afternoon where it's kicked off (Hey, it's morning somewhere for every single game that has ever been played). Perhaps in that world, the Seahawks fans could've brought their humongous signs into their stadium. They could have pulled the alarm on the opposing team's hotel at 4 in the morning on the day before the game, too.

But they didn't do any of those games, and the NFL owes a SIX SEED NOTHING to ensure that it has the best chance to win possible. Sorry, it doesn't.

Maybe next year you can win a few more games and host a playoff game. Until then, nothing.

Why should East Coast fans, who HATE 4 or 4:25 p.m. kicks, be inconvenienced based on the visiting team, a weaker one who didn't win as many games in the regular season. How is it even an inconvenience, given that Seattle will likely travel on Friday and thus have no issue with the time change?

Get over it.

I have never heard that East coast fans hated 4pm starts. I know they don't like the prime time games because they have to stay up late though. The only reason this game is the early one is because the Prancers don't have the following that the networks want for their prime spot of the day.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Willyeye":3p405af7 said:
While you're at it, suggest it to the real commissioners, Rooney and Kraft as well. Rog is just a puppet.

Good luck in your quest. Your team got it in the ass from the NFL this year when you played the late, late game on the opening Monday night of the season and finished at like 11:00 Pacific Monday night and then had to play IN Pissburgh at 10 AM the following Sunday. This is how Commissioners Rooney and Kraft treat the west coast teams and it needs changed.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
PanthersFan89":h8iru2r0 said:

Get over it.
Don't be a dick.

West coasters not liking early starts is no different than east coasters not liking their teams to have to play on the west coast more than twice a year.

Oh wait, they actually made that one a rule.

Maulbert

Reaction score
gaucho":r7suk4d3 said:
rideaducati":r7suk4d3 said:
gaucho":r7suk4d3 said:
rideaducati":r7suk4d3 said:

There's an imposter?!?!

He's thinking of elguapo, but your few posts here prove you can't be him. For one, you came in peace on a common cause, for two, you didn't start your first post by taking a verbal deuce on Russell Wilson, and for three, elguapo isn't literate enough to submit a paper to anyone and have it be taken seriously, even if it's "Short Busser" Goodell. Good luck with the paper, though I doubt you'll have much luck with the Rooney or Kraft.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Maulbert":2ts1muh0 said:
gaucho":2ts1muh0 said:
rideaducati":2ts1muh0 said:
gaucho":2ts1muh0 said:

There's an imposter?!?!

He's thinking of elguapo, but your few posts here prove you can't be him. For one, you came in peace on a common cause, for two, you didn't start your first post by taking a verbal deuce on Russell Wilson, and for three, elguapo isn't literate enough to submit a paper to anyone and have it be taken seriously, even if it's "Short Busser" Goodell. Good luck with the paper, though I doubt you'll have much luck with the Rooney or Kraft.

Gaucho...guapo...They all look alike to me.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
The Rams now have to play the 10am game too, but I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

We're now talking about what, 5 games at the most that are played at 10am body clock time for each team? Maybe less if you get a road primetime game (ala Seahawks vs Packers this year).

And less again when we play the AFC West. And then some years some of us will play the Chiefs at home in the AFC West rotation, and draw the Cowboys (which would likely be held up until 4pm, like Seahawks @ Cowboys this year).

So some years there could actually be 3 or less 10am starts.

I think playing Monday night (for the following week) and Thursday night is more of an issue/disadvantage than playing at 10am.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3alanrx9 said:
The Rams now have to play the 10am game too, but I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

We're now talking about what, 5 games at the most that are played at 10am body clock time for each team? Maybe less if you get a road primetime game (ala Seahawks vs Packers this year).

And less again when we play the AFC West. And then some years some of us will play the Chiefs at home in the AFC West rotation, and draw the Cowboys (which would likely be held up until 4pm, like Seahawks @ Cowboys this year).

I think playing Monday night (for the following week) and Thursday night is more of an issue/disadvantage than playing at 10am.

Time of the game hasn't mattered to the rams in years...they lose anyway.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
rideaducati":3vgg22yb said:
Ramfan128":3vgg22yb said:

Except to the Seahawks.

See, I can be immature too.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Ramfan128":enxz0pqe said:
rideaducati":enxz0pqe said:
Ramfan128":enxz0pqe said:

Except to the Seahawks.

See, I can be immature too.

I guess you conveniently stopped counting wins at two.