Chip Kelly hired by sf

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Actually as much as I love chip i don't see this ending well.
I hope he goes 16-3 every season losing to the Hawks in the NFC championship.

canfan

Reaction score
JSeahawks":5tbcghcn said:
See ya boys, time for me to join webzone.

Its blowing up over there. Lots of comments about tired defense etc. I wonder if they know that the Eagles TOP and the 49ers were not very far apart. The sad part is that the 49ers were not trying to run a hurry up offense. They were just that bad at 3rd down conversions.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Step one: fire one of the best coaches in the nfl because of his arrogance and grating personality.

Step two: Hire one of the worst coaches in the nfl with an arrogant and grating personality.

Step three: 49ers.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
SF fans are about to see what we see every year....top offense with sorry defense.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
This isn't good. Chip Kelly is a damn good coach, and I have a feeling he's gonna be as successful as Harbaugh was when he was their coach. Well, I guess if that's how it plays out then it won't be so bad for us.

RussB

Reaction score
I think hes a good fit for the team. Still not beating us though. But they will get better in my opinion.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
The only thing that worries me is Kaepernick is light years better than Foles/Sanchez/Bradford and I think Chip can build an offense around him.

rideaducati

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2ejeq517 said:
The only thing that worries me is Kaepernick is light years better than Foles/Sanchez/Bradford and I think Chip can build an offense around him.

I'd take every one of those three before giving Kaepernick a shot. Kaepernick is awful.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Baalke, York, and Chip? It's hard for me to imagine that mixture of egos and personalities being successful.

rideaducati

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":ecplljxx said:
At least one team in our division won't have a punishing defense. Interesting choice to say the least.

Maybe Baalke gets to hire the assistant coaches.

JPatera76

Reaction score
nanomoz":37l336kh said:
Baalke, York, and Chip? It's hard for me to imagine that mixture of egos and personalities being successful.

I think that is going to be the most interesting part

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Well at least there's not much in the way of talent for Kelly to divest the team of.

Welcome to the NFC West Chipper.

-bsd

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm sure Chip will try to make it work with Kaep, but Chip's scheme has historically required a QB who was efficient, quick with the release and had a good touch. Those traits are the antithesis of what Kaepernick brings to the table.

Kaep's legs should help the zone read, but Kaep's also faster in straight line than he is laterally. He's been less successful at zone read as teams have schemed against it better.

But Chip's offense also calls for an accurate QB with a quick release which isn't Kaepernick. Beyond the running game, the offense also relies on a lot of quick and intermediate passes which also utilize multi-threat running backs in the passing game. If there's a fatal flaw in Kaep's game, it's that he can't get the ball to running backs on short passes.

The need for quick and accurate passing is why Kelly targeted Bradford. Say what you want about Bradford's dependability, but his strength was always his accuracy and quick release. Foles, despite pretty good numbers, held the ball too long and was shipped out for that reason. The presence of a dual threat by itself is not enough, as we saw when Michael Vick was running Chip's offense.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3cjzth7g said:
Bahahahahahahahahaha
This. The best thing of all is that Pete's owned him and his college approach to football and will continue to do so.
Now waiting for Marvin to tell us why this was a good hire and then rlkats to come in with a non-homer reaction.